Old May 21, 2019, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: johnny5a

Venue
PERGOLA ON THE ROOF
Pergola Paddington, 5 Kingdom Street, Paddington Central, W2 6PY
https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...O+GET+HERE.pdf

Food & Drink
Varied choice available to purchase (https://pergolalondon.com/pergola-paddington)
Please note: It's card only. no cash. Get those Amex avios in!

Hotels
Current sales
Please highlight any sales which cover Friday night.

Attendees updated to include post 120
Confirmed - 41
Agneisse, alex67500, arsey00, atcer28, bxg101g, CaroFos, CMK10, Cymro, DeathSlam, dylanc+1, frb98mf, gbeb+1, gcuk, gforce+1, hsmall, howarsan, Jimmie76, Julian, KARFA, LondonAndy, marcolau317, Mks6, neilyork, pjh981, robertf999, ScienceTeacher+1, SleepySynapse, squawk, TheRiverCard, Tiffywren, tilal6991+1, TomMM, TP Run, TravellerFrequently+1,WickedStepMother, johnny5a
Ermis177
Possible - 23
ahmett, alpenlupe+1, Chris_G, flyer_tom, FlyingWelshie, GodAtum ,hodders, lost_in_translation, madfish, MarkedMan, MarkLHR, MiraculousM, Physci, ShortDog, smallclanger, snuffi, sondra_finchley, wilsnunn, Wozza2404
Print Wikipost

The 2019 London DO - Friday 27th September

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2019, 2:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
And once again I have managed to get caught up with something and not made it. Very sorry!
Old Sep 27, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club - Gold
Unfortunately I ended up leaving work much later than I’d hoped and isn’t quite make it over the “maybe” hurdle.

Hope everyone had/is having a good time!
Old Sep 27, 2019, 4:50 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Thanks to KARFA and TPRun for organising a really fun evening if not perfect weather. 😂

It was really nice to see quite a few familiar faces and also meet some great new people too.

Thanks also to everyone who attended and especially to Do first timers.

I hope to see as many as possible of you at the next Do!
Old Sep 27, 2019, 4:54 pm

Programs: BA Blue, VS Silver
Thanks Karfa for organising this
Old Sep 27, 2019, 5:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire
Many thanks to both Karfa and TP Run for organising. Was great to meet so many of you and already looking forward to the next meetup!
Old Sep 28, 2019, 12:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
As the CCR is quiet this morning I guess the morning after party hasn’t started yet?
Old Sep 28, 2019, 2:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
Lovely to meet arsey00, marcolau317, neilyork, TomMM and really nice to see Wicked Stepmother, MarkedMan and lost_in_translation again.

Thanks to KARFA for his organisational efforts.

I did enjoy myself, though this morning I am in so much pain I can barely move.

FT Do's are always fun, but I'm afraid the venue was definitely not up to scratch for me. A large open plan bar with seating for 1000 people and standing space for more with thumpingly loud background sounds is not the right venue for FT.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 3:01 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Cris L
FT Do's are always fun, but I'm afraid the venue was definitely not up to scratch for me. A large open plan bar with seating for 1000 people and standing space for more with thumpingly loud background sounds is not the right venue for FT.
Glad I didn't go to this one then... I'd have lasted about 10 minutes
Cris L likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 3:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Really nice to see so many of you again and meet some newbies too, nice to see the demographics of FT slowly changing!

Had some great conversations with newbies and great catch ups with old flyer friends and very much look forward to the next one

I'm glad many of you liked the location, the drink, the food & had a good time!

Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Thanks to KARFA and TPRun for organising a really fun evening if not perfect weather. ��
It was really nice to see quite a few familiar faces and also meet some great new people too.
Thanks also to everyone who attended and especially to Do first timers.
I hope to see as many as possible of you at the next Do!
Very welcome! Yes, if it was 1 weekend ago we would have needed sunglasses instead of our coats!

Originally Posted by tilal6991
Many thanks to both Karfa and TP Run for organising. Was great to meet so many of you and already looking forward to the next meetup!
Welcome - really nice to meet you! See you at the next one, if not before!

Originally Posted by Cris L
Thanks for the feedback. For me its down to different strokes for different folks. It’s not possible to identify one ‘right venue for FT’. This doesn’t exist: The FT universe is very diverse with male and female, old and young, fun and humdrum… with this in mind it’s sadly not possible to please everyone.
Some enjoy the more party atmosphere, some don’t. Some find the hospital location from last year quite mundane and clinical, some don’t.

The next location may be more appealing to you but not to others, I think it’s just the way these things work.

Last edited by TPRun; Sep 28, 2019 at 3:42 am
Old Sep 28, 2019, 5:12 am

Programs: BA GGL
Thanks so much for organising last night, @KARFA and @TPRun. It was my first FT Do, and I had a great time - hopefully see you all at the next!
Old Sep 28, 2019, 5:37 am

Programs: BAEC
Thanks to KARFA and TPRun for organising this DO! It was my first time joining and I’ve had a great time. Wish I’d be able to join again in the future
Old Sep 28, 2019, 5:52 am

Programs: BA Gold
Really fun evening if not a tad chilly! Great to catch up with some of the lads and meet a few new faces! Thanks as ever to the fantastic organisers who make these things happen!
Old Sep 28, 2019, 6:00 am

Programs: BA Exec Club - Silver | Aegean Miles & Bonus - Gold | IHG - Gold | Marriott - Silver
Thanks to everyone for a nice catch-up! See you at Xmas?
Old Sep 28, 2019, 6:54 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
Many thanks to KARFA and TPRun for organising, and to Iain for being my valet. It was great to meet so many lovely new people and to see some familiar faces. Hope to see you all again soon!
Old Sep 28, 2019, 8:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I'm trying to work out how I missed this in the calendar, especially as my office is physically next door. Mind you, I had just finished an exhausting week at Excel - feet are now in recovery.
Cris L and TPRun like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.