Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premium class seat

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2019, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Premium class seat

Has anyone flown in the BA 777 new premium class seat and is it worth the extra?
Old May 11, 2019, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi

Welcome to flyertalk and the BA forum Bally1975!

What do you mean by Premium class? ( ie what cabin) as generally any cabin above economy is referred to as premium.

BA has above Economy ( or World Traveller/Euro Traveller)

World Traveller Plus ( Premium Economy)
Club World/Club Europe ( Business)
First

Regards

TBS
Old May 11, 2019, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

World Traveller Plus ( Premium Economy) seat
Old May 11, 2019, 3:17 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
What one person puts on the value of WTP compared to WT is not the same as another persons. However, an indication of route and cost difference may solicit a range of responses.

To me the value is more to do with increased tier points. There is not a huge gulf between WT/WTP especially when comparing WTP/CW.
Old May 11, 2019, 3:18 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Thanks for the clarification Bally1975, and welcome to the BA forum, welcome also to Flyertalk, I hope that you can continue to participate here.

I'm going to guess your flight is a Gatwick one, since that is the hub that has seen the most recent upgrade on any scale. And there is more about that here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ly-2018-a.html

and photos are here:
[First FT Pictures] G-VIIX refurbishment [LGW B772, including 3-4-3 seating in WT]

By all means revert if you meant something else.

As to whether it is worth the extra, that's so subjective. The car market at one point supported both Trabants and Bentleys, and both cars had their admirers. But it's a better seat with more facilities, with better food and a smaller cabin.
Old May 11, 2019, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Thanks

yes Gatwick to Male and your correct the tier points difference is not great
Old May 11, 2019, 4:06 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Personally I think an extra few hundred £ is well worth the bigger seat, foot rest and better service and food, especially on the refurbished planes. Plenty of people also think it’s a waste of money.
Old May 11, 2019, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
As always, it depends on how much it is worth to you and what else you might spend the money on but choosing dates in June it looks as if the incremental cost for the round trip would be quite modest compared with the increase in comfort if you choose BA.
Old May 12, 2019, 12:02 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Bally1975
Thanks

yes Gatwick to Male and your correct the tier points difference is not great

Gatwick to Male is operated by a Rolls Royce powered 777 rather than a GE powered one. The interiors have not yet been updated on these aircraft (the first is currently being updated and is due back at Gatwick this coming week).
Old May 12, 2019, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Always worth it. Long economy is actively unpleasant, WT+ is tolerable.
Old May 12, 2019, 2:41 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Generally worth the extra money in my opinion, although there is obviously a limit to that. There are some routes where WTP is almost as dear as CW.
Old May 12, 2019, 2:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Always worth it. Long economy is actively unpleasant, WT+ is tolerable.
I feel your pain there, that’s why I want to see if the new seat is better as there old ones are awful
Old May 12, 2019, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bally1975

I feel your pain there, that’s why I want to see if the new seat is better as there old ones are awful
The old WT+ aren’t amazing but still much better than economy.
Old May 12, 2019, 3:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by South London Bon Viveur
Generally worth the extra money in my opinion, although there is obviously a limit to that. There are some routes where WTP is almost as dear as CW.
exactly, and you don’t get to use the lounge! WTP can be heavily over priced
Old May 12, 2019, 5:18 am

Programs: BA Gold
I like WT+. Especially for day flights. The smaller, quieter cabin is usually more relaxing. The food and service are better than Economy. The biggest plus (for me, at 6ft) are the extra few inches of legroom which makes all the difference. Those of a smaller stature may not feel as much benefit in that respect.

The question of whether it’s worth the extra cost is subjective (as oft stated in these parts), particularly in a cabin like WT+ where the price difference can swing wildly.

Last year, on an MCO-LGW flight, the difference from WT to WT+ was just £136 which is “no brainer” territory to me. Other times I’ve seen the price more than 2x the WT fare and just a few £100 shy of the cheapest CW fare which, to me, isn’t worth it. For the grey areas in between, other factors like flight length, bank balance and TP need comes in to play.
Stewie Mac and TTmex like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.