Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premium class seat

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2019, 7:08 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Bally1975
They want £1360.00 to upgrade the pair of us one way
I presume that is a fare difference upgrade, which could be quite expensive. If you booked London to Malé as a simple return then you may be offered a POUG, pro-active upgrade, via the App / Manage My Booking at a much lower rate, or depending on your World Traveller fare, you may be able to use Avios to upgrade (you can't upgrade the cheapest tickets). I don't know the rate for MLE, but I would guess around £180 per person per direction. Airport Upgrades (AUP) would be similar. Generally speaking, though, it's best to buy WTP when the WT fare is low, rather than upgrading later.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old May 13, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
Originally Posted by Bally1975
Has anyone flown in the BA 777 new premium class seat and is it worth the extra?
.... as others have said only you can answer the question as to whether it is worth it... but on occasion to stretch my legs I walk to the back of the plane, and on my last flight a full 787 from BWI, it looked grim in economy! For me WTP is worth it.
Old May 13, 2019, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by IntVic
.... as others have said only you can answer the question as to whether it is worth it... but on occasion to stretch my legs I walk to the back of the plane, and on my last flight a full 787 from BWI, it looked grim in economy! For me WTP is worth it.
Even at £680 for one sector?
Old May 15, 2019, 3:40 am

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
Even at £680 for one sector?
...yeah that's pocket change for me!
now back to reality... I forgot about the post with that cost.
Old May 15, 2019, 3:43 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Personally I think the biggest single differentiator is hard product. And as I am not tall and neither am I wide, there's less of a big jump from WT to WTP for me than for some. Also, I don't seem to really get on with fixed seat dividers very well, and nor (with my arthritic knees) do I seem to really value the footrest.

So WT to WTP is only a marginal benefit for me, WTP to CW is huge, and CW to F (especially nowdays) again is nice but only nice to have.
Old May 15, 2019, 5:22 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
Originally Posted by Pascoe
Personally I think the biggest single differentiator is hard product. And as I am not tall and neither am I wide, there's less of a big jump from WT to WTP for me than for some. Also, I don't seem to really get on with fixed seat dividers very well, and nor (with my arthritic knees) do I seem to really value the footrest.

So WT to WTP is only a marginal benefit for me, WTP to CW is huge, and CW to F (especially nowdays) again is nice but only nice to have.
Problem when you are tall is that the footrest just doesn't work. At least it doesn't for me. The seats are not much wider either with the fixed dividers and the tray table.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.