Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Educational requirements for BA pilots

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2019, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Once upon a time, in the distant past when TV was 2 channels of black & white blur, I was commissioned in (successively) the RN and the RAF with just 6 O-Levels. Back then, there wasn’t a fixation with academic achievement.

Of course, some sources will suggest that these days academia isn’t nearly as rigorous is it was.
Old May 15, 2019, 10:48 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by T8191
Once upon a time, in the distant past when TV was 2 channels of black & white blur, I was commissioned in (successively) the RN and the RAF with just 6 O-Levels. Back then, there wasn’t a fixation with academic achievement.

Of course, some sources will suggest that these days academia isn’t nearly as rigorous is it was.
indeed some do suggest that, others argue against it. Still, I’d suggest it’s the ability to demonstrate self-motivation to achieve during post-graduate educate that is a useful asset, but I wouldn’t take the award of a degree as evidence by itself.
T8191 and nancypants like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.