Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Error & Stay Schtum?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2019, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Just to head off the inevitable 'bad post reports' from those expecting a discussion about unfermented grape juice, I've edited the thread title.
Thank you. It was bugging me, and I had almost posted about it twice already! And I am relieved you spelled it correctly!

rb211.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I thought the norm here is to shout from the rooftops whenever BA cock things up?
yes but not to give too many clues that let BA find you such as flight dates, cabin and route!

Sometimes people don't give enough info to be able to get an accurate answer. This is one of the cases where it's too much info!
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 10:43 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
This happened to me this TP year: they credited my TPs earned in the first two weeks to both last and this year. My intention was to keep my mouth shut and see what happens (in 10 days) however I have somewhat inconveniently gone over 1500TPs (but - annoyingly - nowhere near a GUF2 )
Old Apr 29, 2019, 11:24 am
Original Poster

So I don’t know how to spell schtum and I gave too much info (though not all of what I said were “facts”). Perhaps delete the thread mods?
Old Apr 29, 2019, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
So I don’t know how to spell schtum and I gave too much info (though not all of what I said were “facts”). Perhaps delete the thread mods?
You could edit your original post to remove the details. However one person quoted your original post so that would need to be changed too (which is why I wish people would NOT quote posts when it's patently obvious what the post is responding to!)

Perhaps change your original post and the mods can change or delete the quoting post?

rb211.

Last edited by RB211; Apr 29, 2019 at 12:27 pm Reason: Typo fix!
Old Apr 29, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, Honors Gold
How did they agree to retrospectively alter the date of your return flight so that the TPs posted in the prior year?
Old Apr 29, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
You could edit your post and put vague date and destination references instead of definite ones.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by mattyw
How did they agree to retrospectively alter the date of your return flight so that the TPs posted in the prior year?
Pretty sure they didn't - just credited the equivalent TPs as if the return flight had been in the prior year, and forgot to debit the TPs from the new year, I would imagine! Especially as this explains the current situation. Altering the flight date wouldn't have resulted in the double credit!

rb211.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 11:59 am

Programs: All the usual suspects
Maybe its a service recovery for not acknowledging you previously.

Gold member personal greeting
Old Apr 29, 2019, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Soupdragon62
Maybe its a service recovery for not acknowledging you previously.

Gold member personal greeting

Sarcastic much?
Old Apr 29, 2019, 12:58 pm

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by mikebg
You could edit your post and put vague date and destination references instead of definite ones.
Would it be possible to ask omk298 to alter their quotation from it as well?
Old Apr 29, 2019, 1:03 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I will spare the OP my usual city of Exeter line, but I wouldn't worry too much. Oor Álex does have better things to do than shuffling a few Tier Points around.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 1:11 pm

BA have removed the flower from the toilet in First. Do you think they’ll pay for someone to monitor this forum for miss use of TP points?
Old Apr 29, 2019, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by xnetco
BA have removed the flower from the toilet in First. Do you think they’ll pay for someone to monitor this forum for miss use of TP points?
I dunno. You could have a BA staffer who has a look every now and then and sees a thread like this with a very obvious thread title (and to be fair to the OP he's not the only one whose posted that the TPs havn't been deducted from their new year when using the grace period) and then raises it with Waterside and then someone may have a look at it and decides that it's either (a) not a major issue so they'll let it go or (b) do something to make sure it always happens.

I believe it was one of the very regular posters on here who said that one of the prompts that led to BA removing the Starbucks voucher at T5C were the posts on here where people boasted that they were buying mugs and whatnot rather than food and drink so someone obviously does look at FT even if they don't post.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by xnetco
... but the flower has returned though!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.