Gold member personal greeting

Old Apr 8, 2019, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by Jed

Are you being serious?
Pretty similar experience coming back from CPT in F last month. I tweeted BA about it and got a call within a couple of hours apologizing
Old Apr 8, 2019, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by mikebg
Nevertheless, I reminded her that it was company policy to greet GCHs and that there were not too many 97s on board .... I think that after the nudge from the FA she was terrified that I would send BA a negative report about her. Afterwards, the FA told me quietly that the CSM was new on the job, and that the crew themselves were not very impressed with her performance ....
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
Pretty similar experience coming back from CPT in F last month. I tweeted BA about it and got a call within a couple of hours apologizing
I think we have found new depths of desperation of wanting some attention
Old Apr 8, 2019, 3:32 pm

Programs: BA GGLfL
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rossmacd
star_crazy likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 3:44 pm

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Jed

Are you being serious?
100%
Old Apr 8, 2019, 4:13 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by rossmacd
Were the mods that "happy" on the GIB do that they merged 2 threads by mistake?
Old Apr 8, 2019, 5:30 pm

I had a greeting on a flight from London to Singapore when I was in Y. It was all very awkward. People staring at you while you having a "chat". I don't even remember the substance of it.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 2:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Perhaps not 'greetings' per se, but still a little OTT on yesterdays LHR-BWI. A nice 'welcome back CKBA' on boarding. Then another 'can I get you anything' - and another.... then halfway through - 'another G&T' and finally a warm 'thank you CKBA' on exiting.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 11:24 pm

Programs: KE MC Premium, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, AZ FA+, Melia Gold
Had almost almost 2 years of not much flying so have dropped down to silver and now bronze. Was on my first BA flight for almost a year yesterday and the very apologetic CSM mentioned that she had a note to ask why my status had dropped and whether I'd been flying other airlines.

I rarely got the greeting as a GCH (I think mainly due to the routes I was flying), but was nice to see BA being proactive here. What they do with the information is another matter...
Dicksbits likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 5:08 am

Programs: BA Silver (temp demotion), *A Silver, HH Gold, IHG Diamond
I meant to post this last week as Mrs S and I both had our first Gold flights together and on her birthday too.... Honestly, we weren't expecting much and were prepared to be slightly embarrased by the 'attention' (we were in Y with two of our kids). We needn't have worried

On check in at LGW (kids very impressed with the use of the 'first' lane with zero queue), the check in assistant said "Ah the computer tells me to say welcome you (at me only) to Gold" and then told us that the Club lounge was a better choice than the Flounge - as Mrs S said that that was what she was looking forward to.

On board - zero comment. The plane was pretty full but given it was a three hour flight, there surely would have been time?

On the return journey - nothing (repeat full flight comment). [And yes, the normal 'Exec Club" queue was as long, if not longer, than the cattle class one]

I'm happy that our expectations were thoroughly met. But it really was disappointing that the personal data BA holds could have been used to say Happy Birthday at some point!
Vasco Pridat likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 4:23 am

Programs: Deliveroo Plus
Just hit gold again and was congratulated on the plane and asked if anything could be done for me. Was a short haul flight. Very pleased actually, I guess it's the little things.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 4:27 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
It's great they got the congratulations for hitting tier... Down. That was the last greeting I got, when I hit gold. I luved it.. Never got any welcome home greeting again..
My mom was greeted for reaching silver which I granted So she had no clue what was going on. Haha
Old Apr 19, 2019, 4:32 am

Programs: BA Silver
Not quite the same but on my first BA flight (LHR-ATL) after retaining Silver I got a glass of Champagne and a 'thank you for flying BA' from the cabin crew. I also got op-up'd to WT+ from WT as the flight was pretty much full. All in all a very nice flight!
Old Apr 19, 2019, 8:24 am

Programs: BA GGL, EK Gold.
I love it to be honest. On a recently flight from Toronto to London the CSM came up to greet me where I was sat in Premium. She asked me to join her in Club for 'a chat' and said she couldn't leave me down there, would I like to sit here instead?
YES please
On the short haul legs I get it about 2/10 times. I still love it then.
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 1:24 pm

It is all bollocks isn't it. Today 1st flight the very nervous CSM gave the same speech to everyone in the 1st 2 rows of CE, by the end they were chanting the phrases at him

2nd flight- nothing.

Best one. He told me that he had plenty of time to chat as I was the only gold in economy as all the other golds and silver had been upgraded!
Old Apr 19, 2019, 1:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold A3 Gold PC Platinum
Slightly off topic but was boarding ex PRG the other week, Group 1 & 2 had boarded and general boarding now queuing in a couple of lines (no separate priority line) when a chap appears oot of nowhere and pushes in front of me just as I was about to hand my BP to the agent....I made a suitably restrained but sarcastic British comment “you not keen on queuing then?” To which the (Spanish) guy replies “I have priority boarding” and flashed his Gold status in front of me.......what a tw*t

I alternate between gold and silver but if you’ve missed the priority boarding call and there is now 1 line I join the queue, sadly too may people think they are entitled which is ironic given their company actually pays for everything and they probably only buy 1 ticket a year out of their own pocket

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.