Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Error & Stay Schtum?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2019, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Error & Stay Schtum?

My tier point collection year ends 8th March. I flew in F at the start of March bringing my points to 1370. I flew home in late March but those points fell into the new year so I rang BA & asked them to post them into last year so I achieved gold (having previously been silver). A few days later my app updated and I was now gold & the pack arrived last week. But the points I got coming back are still showing in this year and it says I only need 1290 to retain gold. Is this correct?

Last edited by andymcdonnell; Apr 29, 2019 at 12:36 pm
Old Apr 29, 2019, 9:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Mileage Plus, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Pizza Express Gold
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
My tier point collection year ends 8th March. I flew in F at the start of March bringing my points to 1370. I flew home in late March but those points fell into the new year so I rang BA & asked them to post them into last year so I achieved gold (having previously been silver). A few days later my app updated and I was now gold & the pack arrived last week. But the points I got coming back are still showing in this year and it says I only need 1290 to retain gold. Is this correct?
I'd strongly suggest you stop talking about it! The points should be removed from your new year, but sometimes that doesn't happen.

Last edited by omk298; Apr 30, 2019 at 1:57 am Reason: Updating quote
Old Apr 29, 2019, 9:42 am

Let it be. Wait and see. You've got almost a year to see what happens - you can give it a month to see if the error is corrected or not. Then you can make a decision if it hasn't been.

rb211.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 9:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (OneWorld Emerald) & Hilton Honors Diamond
The points will most likely be removed as BA systems update, you might be very lucky and get double bubble out of them, but I really wouldn't be optimistic.

Brace yourself for them to be gone this time next week :-(

In the meantime enjoy Gold Exec Club Status, after a glass or two of that nicer fizz I'm sure you'll learn to live with the disappointment of having the points deducted.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 9:44 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
It is not correct. I would not count (on) them for the next renewal, as they could disappear in any moment.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
sometimes errors get picked up, sometimes not - I've not experienced this particular one myself, but have seen a couple of others which did stick in the end: I said nothing about it and it was all fine
Old Apr 29, 2019, 9:56 am

Programs: BA Silver
Not very stum (shtum?) to post about it here surely?
DiamondMile, 86BA7, Deltus and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 9:58 am

Programs: BMI Dimond club, BA Executive Club
I was about to post,

'How could they find him from a fourm post'

But then seen the user name....

Hard luck Andy.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pacenotes
I was about to post,

'How could they find him from a fourm post'

But then seen the user name....

Hard luck Andy.
Not my registered exec club name so safe there. But I understand they’ll probably realise the mistake
Old Apr 29, 2019, 10:05 am

the first rule of fight club is.... etc etc.
tynmar likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
The first rule of error club is don't talk about error club!

Second rule - see rule one.

(and even if it's not your real name how many people flew F from LHR - CPT on 1st March and back in the 14th March? It won't take a great deal of detective work by a BA staffer should they come across this thread)
Old Apr 29, 2019, 10:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I thought the norm here is to shout from the rooftops whenever BA cock things up?
dougzz and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 10:28 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell

Not my registered exec club name so safe there. But I understand they’ll probably realise the mistake
I wouldn't worry about the name. Unless you made up dates, destinations and cabin I'd be more worried about that. If not, you've made it really easy for someone to figure out who you are (not that I think they will bother).

Last edited by golfmad; Apr 29, 2019 at 10:37 am
Old Apr 29, 2019, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY
I thought the norm here is to shout from the rooftops whenever BA cock things up?
^

rb211.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 10:30 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by fruitcage
Not very stum (shtum?) to post about it here surely?
Just to head off the inevitable 'bad post reports' from those expecting a discussion about unfermented grape juice, I've edited the thread title.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.