Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access hidden in ticket price?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2019, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
It's hilarious to see a continuing discussion of "serious tax issue", VAT invoices and the like. Some people, who would normally be disinclined ever to believe a single word that BA says, see this email breakdown and suddenly adhere to the notion that the statement must be both accurate and an indication of nefarious goings-on within the company.

Old Apr 14, 2019, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
OK so various taxes, fees and surcharges have codes assigned to them. GB - APD, YQ = BA profit fee etc eyc

However these codes aren't necessarily a standard list so one country /airline can give a two letter code to a charge that gets translated to some other (often previous) meaning that dosen't always reflect the current version.

So it is perfectly possible that ZF was used by BA eons ago for one purpose but that no longer reflects it's current usage.
It’s standardised by an IATA resolution. There’s a complete list in the Ticketing Handbook, I guess in case you need to write out any paper tickets by hand any time soon. :-)

Probably a transcription error by BA’s website people.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 9:24 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I think people should stop arguing about this, that, and the other, and simply unite and agree on it being a "BA IT error" that described ZF as "lounge access VAT". It's not unusual as we know

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.