Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is LCY security like in the mornings?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2019, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, Thursday is going to be a bit busier than normal, it's more to do with the fact that there will be more leisure travellers. But it cuts both ways since they are more likely to check in a bag, so hopefully most of the liquids/iPads/etc are out of that security channel. but still some seem unaware of restrictions introduced 12 years ago. If you are there by 06:50 then you should be OK, any later then ask the front person from LCY security to assist you through. My very worse security time in LCY - which was off the scale and never repeated - was soon after the then new hall was opened and it took me 15 minutes. Flights were held back a bit to help travellers. More recently it's essentially 5 minutes or less to get through.

Obviously do what you can to minimise a secondary, so keep liquids, electronics, wires out of the main bag. They use a similar system to T5 and LGW, so multi-user bays with very large trays.
Thanks C-W-S (and all) for the useful replies - I'm confident that this is very do-able (and I'm flying with a colleague who can dawdle near the boarding door to buy me an extra minute or two if needed)! Starting from Tunbridge Wells at 5:15am, so if there are any train hiccups, I can call a cab and be at LCY in an hour at that time of the morning.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: BAEC
Around 0810 it was incredibly quiet to the point of being deserted and the only person at security was the guy who popped out of a side door to talk to me.

(It was a Sunday morning and I was returning a hire car with the instruction to give the keys to security at the terminal. Why Europcar now claim I didn't do so until 1430 is a mystery).

I assume the question from the OP isnt about a Sunday morning when LCY is closed though!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.