Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA100 promo : 100% Bonus Avios on 6 flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2019, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Register, book and travel before the end of our centenary year and you can collect 100% bonus Avios on all British Airways flights.
This offer also includes all domestic flights in the UK and within southern Africa, as well as British Airways flights operated by our partners, American Airlines, Iberia and Finnair when you travel between Europe and North America.
For an extra treat in our 100th year of flying; if you complete six flights with us, or our partners, you will unlock an additional reward of 2019 bonus Avios.

Register before booking.
Book your flights between 21 March and 19 April 2019
Fly before 31 December 2019
Print Wikipost

BA100 promo : 100% Bonus Avios on 6 flights

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2019, 4:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
I don't think I read this offer properly: expecting 100% bonus on the whole lot. Duh. Of course it's just the base miles you get extra. So 993 for LGW - LEI for example. No tier bonus x 2.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 4:40 am

Programs: VS Silver, BA Blue - finally; but hotels.com Gold :)
Originally Posted by TTmex
Yeh, last times I have flown on double offers have been in WT+ or Club. Each time it's given me double the Economy Flex fare which is the 100% avios value.
I've just worked out the following for a booking as Silver

MEX-LHR (I) - 11087 + 5543 bonus
LHR-CDG (J) - 1500 + 500 bonus
CGD-LHR (J) - 1500 + 500 bonus
LHR-MEX (I) - 11087 - 5543 bonus

A very handsome 37260 return on a promo fare.
Okay, so how many of the SIX qualifying flights does the above example itinerary use up?

Recall from post #27 " (...) A Qualifying Flight is either a one-way (single sector) or a return flight (two sectors) between the point of departure and final destination with no scheduled change of aircraft that must be booked after the Member has registered. (...)".

Presumably, the actual interpretation is known from prior years' promotions? If so, hard datapoints welcomed!
My concern would be the above itinerary is not a qualifying flight as it involves an aircraft change. However, it may score as 4 qualifying flights ... confused.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 5:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF Silver
Originally Posted by thomas_peterson

Is the ARN-HNL deal still alive?
It seamed to be pulled the day after I booked it, prices shot up by £2k
Old Apr 7, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: BA GGL
So I've succeeded in one return flight, I. E. two legs.
​​​​​​
Just booked a four sector, which I assume makes up the rest of the six total?

Here's hoping. Bit dry of Avios atm...
Old Apr 9, 2019, 6:13 am

Bit of a complex question!!

Last September I booked DUB-LAS-DUB in J with trailfinders on a mix of BA & AA metal with booking refs / record locators for each airline. I booked hotel with it so paid only a deposit

When this deal came up a few weeks ago I duly signed up with the intention to book flights to NYC for later in the year. However, yesterday I changed my plans and indeed changed the flights I had booked with Trailfinders. All the flights are now on BA metal and BA codes and I was issued with a new BA booking ref and the old one shows an error.

So, have I now made a booking within the eligible period for the double Avios? If so, would I get double for LAS-JFK & JFK-LHR which are AAflights but on BA codes?

Thanks for the help
Old Apr 9, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Starship73
Am I still eligible to receive double Avios if I am registered for the promotion but book via a corporate travel agent?
Certainly works for me - I often book through our corporate CWT portal and the bonuses seem to work fine
Old Apr 9, 2019, 9:52 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Certainly works for me - I often book through our corporate CWT portal and the bonuses seem to work fine
Same here, and they post together with the miles/tier points. Not life changing amounts though, as the bonus is only on the base miles, so doesn't matter if you're flying Economy or First.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 2:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
I'm guessing this applies to the first 6 flights you take.
I'm in a bit of a dilemma. Wife has 5 legs booked, 4 in CW/CE and 1 in ET. Looking at booking her to do LON-SOF and back too, but I'm concerned it means only the first six register. So if she flies the first 6, she'll lose the 5000 or so bonus on the last leg (was 5th, becomes 7th) which is long haul CW.

Deciding between losing that 5000 or getting the 2019 bonus for doing six flights. Only other thing i can see to do is to book her one way in RFS, but that means burning avios anyway.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 3:19 pm

Programs: BAEC - Lowly blue
Any luck the bonus kicking in on upgrading a booking?
Old Apr 9, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold
can you not add the EC number for the ET flight and then claim retroactively once you have received the bonus for the other 6 flights? I assume the bonuses would not be readjusted - wouldn't expect BA's systems to be capable of that...
TTmex likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 3:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mec72
can you not add the EC number for the ET flight and then claim retroactively once you have received the bonus for the other 6 flights? I assume the bonuses would not be readjusted - wouldn't expect BA's systems to be capable of that...
Oh yes, that sounds like that just might about work. Genius idea...
I've already added it at booking, but guess I could remove it. Assume that is a straight forward operation?
Old Apr 9, 2019, 3:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by TTmex
I've already added it at booking, but guess I could remove it.
The Ts&Cs for the promo said that you had to add the EC number at time of booking, so I worry that removing it may not have an effect here, but maybe I am over/underestimating BA's IT?
TTmex likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 4:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by Lewis King
Any luck the bonus kicking in on upgrading a booking?
You get the same base avios wether you fly in ET WT CW CE or F. You don’t get extra bonus Avios based on tier or class in this promotion.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 5:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
You get the same base avios wether you fly in ET WT CW CE or F. You don’t get extra bonus Avios based on tier or class in this promotion.
It was my understanding that the bonus that you get is the same for CW, WT+, CW and F (100% of miles flown), however if you are on a low bucket ET or WT fare, then the bonus is equal to either 25% or 50% of miles flown; depending which bucket your fare is.

Last edited by wilsnunn; Apr 9, 2019 at 5:16 pm Reason: Missed something
Old Apr 9, 2019, 7:35 pm

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia
Any idea what the bonus is for the 6 legs booked?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.