Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA100 promo : 100% Bonus Avios on 6 flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2019, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Register, book and travel before the end of our centenary year and you can collect 100% bonus Avios on all British Airways flights.
This offer also includes all domestic flights in the UK and within southern Africa, as well as British Airways flights operated by our partners, American Airlines, Iberia and Finnair when you travel between Europe and North America.
For an extra treat in our 100th year of flying; if you complete six flights with us, or our partners, you will unlock an additional reward of 2019 bonus Avios.

Register before booking.
Book your flights between 21 March and 19 April 2019
Fly before 31 December 2019
Print Wikipost

BA100 promo : 100% Bonus Avios on 6 flights

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2019, 5:22 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by PrivatePilotDR40
Question, if you have registered and then upgraded to Club Europe, will this go through a new booking and then apply to this promo?
I think you should if the upgrade results in getting a new ticket number.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
The MMB as far as I know doesn’t give promo Avios. The 100% bonus for this promo will only apply to the base Avios. So not the Tier or cabin bonuses.

So you will need to find out the base Avios and add the 100%
I am a bit confused about the bonus amount, I have a CE flight from LHR to SOF in I class booked (after registering for the promo), will I now earn:

Double base Avios: 1266*2
Cabin bonus: 1266*0.5
Silver tier bonus: 1266*0.5
TOTAL: 3798 Avios
Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
I'm think your calculation sounds right.

I'm hoping I'm doing same. I had two return flights booked before offer, one in ET return to TXL and other CE to Sofia and back. I then booked (after offer) MEX-LHR-CDG return in Club and CE CDG-LHR return as positioning back to UK and vv. I'm assuming that means my six qualifying legs will include two in CW and 4 CE, so a nice gain overall with double base and then the normal cabin bonus plus silver bonus.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:39 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
I got tangled up with this before. Rule is:

1) Find the fare class you are booking, look that up on the TP calculator with "Blue" selected. That is your avios bonus.
2) You can see from the TP calculator what you earn with your actual status, so add that to your bonus for the total haul

May seem like stating the obvious, but as I got it wrong and I'm usually infallible it's worth spelling out I think.

When booking, don't forget to look at Skyscanner in case there's a price promise opportunity. If you find one (for example travelup) it's sometimes even lower if you go direct to that site.
craigthemif and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:19 am

Programs: mileage plus
Going to South Africa in September maybe even round the world. Not sure if I should wait for the Easter sales, whatever those may be? Thoughts?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by nicolewsd
Going to South Africa in September maybe even round the world. Not sure if I should wait for the Easter sales, whatever those may be? Thoughts?
It's right at the end of a luxury sale now. Not sure if there is anything still going in the club/first sale today.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Booked my flights for South Africa on 21st. Got the email about registration on 22nd.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 3:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by bisonrav
1) Find the fare class you are booking, look that up on the TP calculator with "Blue" selected. That is your avios bonus.
This to me suggests that the bonus Avios includes the cabin bonus, I thought that the T&Cs said otherwise?
Old Mar 26, 2019, 5:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by wilsnunn
This to me suggests that the bonus Avios includes the cabin bonus, I thought that the T&Cs said otherwise?
I believe you have to select a Tier on the ‘TP Calculator’ therefore it would be Blue who wouldn’t get a Tier bonus. That’s my understanding.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 5:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by wilsnunn
I'd suggest the correct procedure is:

1) Input flights to avios calculator with tier set to blue
2) If flight is in Economy Lowest or Economy Low then use that number as the 'double avios' bonus
3) For everything else use the Full Fare Economy number
bisonrav and wilsnunn like this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by mickeyjaw
I'd suggest the correct procedure is:

1) Input flights to avios calculator with tier set to blue
2) If flight is in Economy Lowest or Economy Low then use that number as the 'double avios' bonus
3) For everything else use the Full Fare Economy number
That is exactly what I had in my mind too.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 6:58 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Indeed. Every time I've done this I've been looking at cheap economy fares. For higher cabins it's the full fare economy, yes/
wilsnunn likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 8:50 am

Yeh, last times I have flown on double offers have been in WT+ or Club. Each time it's given me double the Economy Flex fare which is the 100% avios value.
I've just worked out the following for a booking as Silver

MEX-LHR (I) - 11087 + 5543 bonus
LHR-CDG (J) - 1500 + 500 bonus
CGD-LHR (J) - 1500 + 500 bonus
LHR-MEX (I) - 11087 - 5543 bonus

A very handsome 37260 return on a promo fare.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 4:19 am

Programs: Lost all status due to flying less to tackle the climate emergency
Do you think you need to pay for the flights yourself / actually make the booking, or would you get the bonus if your company/someone else act made the booking for you?

I guess similarly, would everyone on a group booking get the bonus, or would it just be the person that made the booking?

Last edited by mrblanco; Mar 27, 2019 at 4:32 am Reason: clarification
Old Mar 27, 2019, 8:10 am

Should apply to the exec club member flying. Not the person paying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.