Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Flying BA’s Airbus A350: deliveries, routes, reviews and more

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2019, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Scotflyer80
Best seats on A350 guide: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...on-thread.html
Future route speculation: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...my-flight.html
Background discussion on the Club Suites (historical): https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...on-thread.html
Madrid training flights - meetup thread (historical): https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ps-thread.html

British Airways has revealed the configuration for its Airbus A350-1000 (56J 56W 219Y):
  • 56 business class featuring all-new Club Suites
  • 56 premium economy
  • 219 economy
  • (BA maintains that no A350s will have first class)
Familiarisation flights to Madrid (starts August 6th):
First A350 flights have also been revealed:
  • 02 to 06 Sep, 09 to 30 Sep, and from 08 Oct 2019 daily to Dubai (DXB) - BA107/106
  • from 01 Oct 2019, daily to Toronto (YYZ) - BA92/93
  • from 01 Dec 2019, daily to Tel Aviv (TLV) - BA163/162
  • from 01 Jan 2020, daily to Bangalore (BLR) - BA119/118
  • from 01 Mar 2020, double daily to Dubai (DXB) - BA107/106 & BA105/104

More pics and details at https://www.ausbt.com.au/british-air...ess-class-seat

Flights planned to be operated by a A350

Summer 2021 (Updated: 9th February 2021)

Austin - Daily
Buenos Aires via São Paulo - Daily
Denver - Daily
Dubai - 3 x Weekly (Tuesday to Thursday)
Las Vegas - Daily
Newark - 2 x Weekly (Monday/Sunday)
Vancouver - Daily

Winter 2021 (Updated: 9th February 2021)

Bangalore - Daily
Boston - 9 x Weekly
BA213/212 - Daily
BA215/214 - 2 x Weekly (Mon/Sun)
Chicago - 2 x Daily
Mumbai - Daily (BA139/138)
San Diego - Daily
Tel Aviv - Daily (BA163/162)
Washington - 3 x Weekly (BA293/292 Tuesday to Thursday)
Vancouver - Daily

Print Wikipost

Flying BA’s Airbus A350: deliveries, routes, reviews and more

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2019, 2:44 am

Programs: BA Exec Club

WBD has been fixed though. Had an engine run yesterday, so really I hope it might change for you because the aircraft seems fine and is undergoing testing
travelsbyplane likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
A350 WiFi

Having just learnt the hard way en route to DXB, please ensure you turn off your ‘Background App Refresh’ whilst using the 350 WiFi.

I purchased 75MB for £11.99 (not a typo) as it said it would be sufficient to do emails, messaging and the like. It is not. Modern devices are constantly sucking data from somewhere, and the 350’s unique WiFi “offer” is so very expensive. I also struggled to buy a repeat subscription - perhaps it is blocked? The crew - nearly all their first time on the aircraft - don’t know the answer. Had to buy a second sub on the iPad. Thank heavens - had a team on the ground waiting for my ‘go’ on signing something.

I am using precious and rare MB to inform the FT community: If you are assuming you can work normally using WiFI on the 350, disavail yourself of that notion. It is useful for the odd message and that is it. Shocking, really, on a new aircraft.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 11:31 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
WBB looking good at LHR today
Symmetre and george77300 like this.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by allturnleft
WBB looking good at LHR today
WiFi aside, she was lovely to fly in.

Was in 5A, which was fine. Two full windows, which was why I chose it. I would probably avoid row 1 and maybe two - there’s quite a lot of storage adjacent to the curtain and I think the disturbance would become tiresome. The galley space is very, err, efficient.

Comfy seat, although the head rest seems to be set quite far back. I like a bit of support at head level. Table is excellent, affording a lot of flexibility in position as well as ease of access/egress at any time. Loads of cabin storage - the passport/phone/wallet went straight into the small side Lift-top cubby, and there’s more or less one bin per seat. I also found the foam gap-filler a useful place to store the amenity kit and headphones . Doors a bit of a gimmick - they provide no additional material privacy, as the cabin layout means you cannot see anyone else. They also are prone to coming off their runners - I suspect the red emergency release might be redesigned going forward. Might be different when sleeping I guess - I didn’t get my head down as a day flight and working (or trying to with crap WiFi...) Aisle is narrow, but not as bad as I thought.

Service was good - efficient- helped by an eager CC who were excited to be flying the new product for the first time.

All in all a solid product. At this high level it is arguably nit-picking to be critical, and the smart cabin makes it a decent BA product for the coming years. Just sort that damned WiFi...
volar likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 5:02 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by UrbanLegend
Was looking forward to trying CWS out on BA106 DXB-LHR on Feb 3.
Received an email on a seat change and see we are now on a 777 with plain old CW.

Even with the damaged A350 coming soon, it’s disappointing they cannot keep that Dubai flight on an existing A350.

Oh well hopefully I can AUP to First.
Same as me except im flying end Jan. My aircraft swap is to a 3 class 777 so no First to upgrade to!
Old Dec 6, 2019, 3:18 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze, HHonors: Silver, Virgin Flying Club: Red, Miles & More
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
Same as me except im flying end Jan. My aircraft swap is to a 3 class 777 so no First to upgrade to!
These changes may have been a reaction to G-XWBD being damaged, but as mentioned above, fingers crossed this frame is well on the way to being delivered this month. If that happens then there's no reason why it can't be deployed in January.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 4:03 am

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Unlikely to be due to A350 availability, D has had first engine run and should have first flight any day. E has left FAL, has engines but is unpainted (except for tail).
Old Dec 6, 2019, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
What the reason behind using a different WiFi supplier on these aircraft?

These data limited WiFi packages are rubbish and run out before you know it (learnt the hard way on IB and on LX).
Old Dec 6, 2019, 4:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by clubman
What the reason behind using a different WiFi supplier on these aircraft?

These data limited WiFi packages are rubbish and run out before you know it (learnt the hard way on IB and on LX).
It was the only one Airbus would install in the factory. So no extra maintenance post delivery for installation. BA wanted it equipped from Day 1.

I too hope this changes to a time based, not a MB based plans.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 5:24 am

Programs: BA Silver
Hi Everyone,

As I am planning to fly to Madrid next week, I was wondering whether the A350 is still used for this route?

Thank you in advance.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 6:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by AlmostBritish
Hi Everyone,

As I am planning to fly to Madrid next week, I was wondering whether the A350 is still used for this route?

Thank you in advance.
I can only see 3 dates remaining in December, although more could be added.

BA460/461 - 06 Dec (today), 07 Dec and 18 Dec
Old Dec 6, 2019, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by george77300
It was the only one Airbus would install in the factory. So no extra maintenance post delivery for installation. BA wanted it equipped from Day 1.
Yet Delta were able to get their A350s equipped with Gogo's 2Ku at the factory back in 2017.

Gogo 2Ku ready for take-off on the Airbus A350 - Gogo Concourse Blog

It's clearly more expensive that way as, a few months later, Delta decided to fit the system themselves in the USA to save money. This probably hints at the reason BA have Panasonic on their A350s.

I'm wondering what's going to happen to BA's 787-10s. Gogo at the factory? Gogo retrofitted? Panasonic at the factory?

Last edited by Schind; Dec 6, 2019 at 10:04 am
Old Dec 6, 2019, 10:09 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Schind
I'm wondering what's going to happen to BA's 787-10s. Gogo at the factory? Gogo retrofitted? Panasonic at the factory?
whatever is cheapest I guess.
Schind likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by megaloman
Exactly. It is a terrible system. Whilst clearly “no wifi” would be worse, the delta is pretty marginal.
Crampedin13A likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by megaloman
Although one can hope that, once the pressure is off to deliver for the 100 years celebration timeline, they can install the better system so they deliver aircraft that people want and not what is the fastest at the cost of brand.

🤣

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.