Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JAXBA
Print Wikipost

New CW ‘Club Suite’ Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2019, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by allturnleft
A rather unflattering angle posted on instagram of a BA mock up of the new CWS
A very useful photo, exposing some of the faint negatives that the new CS seating offers.

1. I can't quite work out which bit is the footrest [the little triangular thing?] or the in-seat stowage for a small carry-on.

2. The table is clearly only supported on one side, sliding out on the rail. Time will tell how robust that arrangement will be.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 4:06 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, TK Smiles and Miles, Hilton Honors
Hmmmmm, that doorway looks too narrow for a passenger who is a WCHC especially with the armrest in the way as well............................

I guess Mrs Boyfrombiot will never experience these seats. So this new seat certainly does not get my vote.

Cheers
Steve
Old Mar 20, 2019, 4:17 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by T8191
A very useful photo, exposing some of the faint negatives that the new CS seating offers.

1. I can't quite work out which bit is the footrest [the little triangular thing?] or the in-seat stowage for a small carry-on.

2. The table is clearly only supported on one side, sliding out on the rail. Time will tell how robust that arrangement will be.
3. It clearly shows that despite the door, actual privacy will be nothing like a CW window, anyone walking past will have a very clear view of you.

Still a lot better than the current aisle seats though and at least when reclined to sleep you should have that same feeling of being in a cocoon. I do fear it may feel like you’re on show to the world when you’re sat up watching TV/ working though
Old Mar 20, 2019, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj

3. It clearly shows that despite the door, actual privacy will be nothing like a CW window, anyone walking past will have a very clear view of you.

Still a lot better than the current aisle seats though and at least when reclined to sleep you should have that same feeling of being in a cocoon. I do fear it may feel like you’re on show to the world when you’re sat up watching TV/ working though
As all my l/h travel has been in aisle seats [the OH gets the window] I may well have become desensitised to a lack of privacy. But TBH I've never really noticed a lot of pedestrian traffic past my seat anyway - not even CC, except at meal times!
Old Mar 20, 2019, 4:45 am

Programs: BAEC

The top triangle padded thing looks like it meets the edge of the seat when in full flat position and therefore giving you the full length of bed. I can guess from that photo. Good to see the seat in it’s harsh light and not a glamourised, perfectly angled & lit photo.
Cap'n Benj and T8191 like this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:34 am

The photo the last few posts relate to is a mock-up, which may or may not (I don't know which) be an accurate representation of what went live. Does anyone know for sure?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver

I can see the bedding bag wedged down the side of the footrest. Are the days of needing to stow it in the overhead lockers over?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:43 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by adrianlondon
The photo the last few posts relate to is a mock-up, which may or may not (I don't know which) be an accurate representation of what went live. Does anyone know for sure?
From the background to the photo, it's the mock-up rolled into the Crew Report Centre, and it was therefore intended to show what the seat itself looked like, rather than give the full customer experience. So I wouldn't read too much into the details from that photo.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:50 am

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Originally Posted by icegirl
I wonder if this why BA have released 'Club Suite' sooner as to take the shine off VS? I doubt Branson really cares that much as he no longer has a controlling interest. They will be more concerned at the moment of the possible cabin crew strike over Easter.
Forget Virgin, those Upper Class seats are nasty.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:50 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by bigwalrus
I can see the bedding bag wedged down the side of the footrest. Are the days of needing to stow it in the overhead lockers over?
That’s where the fuselage side panels are going to be; they’re not in the mock-up.

There is stowage under the blue leather triangle, on top of the grey padded triangle. The grey might appear to slope up to meet the blue, but it does not; past the white fascia on the left, the grey surface is flat for storage, whether the bedding bag or your carry on.
T8191 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Another niggling thought. Looking at the slo-mo video in the Wiki, it seems the IFE controller is tucked away under the lift-up top of the side shelf. Is the controller then fully detachable? Or attached to a cable, which presumably would then prevent the lid closing properly? It potentially negates the benefit of that large shelf space on which inconsiderate pax might otherwise place their drinks, nuts, spectacles, books, Kindles .... etc. etc.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 6:12 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Another niggling thought. Looking at the slo-mo video in the Wiki, it seems the IFE controller is tucked away under the lift-up top of the side shelf. Is the controller then fully detachable? Or attached to a cable, which presumably would then prevent the lid closing properly? It potentially negates the benefit of that large shelf space on which inconsiderate pax might otherwise place their drinks, nuts, spectacles, books, Kindles .... etc. etc.
Im pretty sure the cable could easily come out of a slot, on the lid, as with many other products out there
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 6:24 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
The lid/door is designed to be closed with space for cables under it. You can plug in your laptop/phone/tablet and close the lid. The devices however need to be placed on top in a visible location if plugged into the power. You shouldn't plug them in and store them in the compartment.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 6:30 am

Programs: BAEC
There is a very interesting interview with Cruz about the new seat with Business Traveller. The article answers some of the questions or speculative queries that have been posted on this thread..

Happy to post a link or copy and paste the article?

Here is the link... https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...ss-club-suite/

Its is quite a lengthy article so here is the start but please click the link if you wish to read it all.

British Airways is investing £6.5bn in passenger experience improvements over five years, the most eagerly awaited of which is a new business class seat being rolled out from this year.

With the first details about the product – called Club Suite – now unveiled, Business Traveller’s Editorial Director Tom Otley spoke to British Airways CEO Alex Cruz about how the seat was made, when passengers will see it, and how the carrier plans to court greater customer satisfaction.

Why did you choose this seat and why put a door on it?

We had a choice between a 100 per cent bespoke seat, an evolution of the existing Club World seat, and what we have selected [a bespoke version of the Super Diamond seat by Collins Aerospace]. Each one of those choices offered different types of challenges, but probably the criterion that over-ruled everything was speed to market as well as it being a great product for our customers. As much as I’m not in love with the roll-out process we will continue to work with the manufacturers to see if we can speed up the process.
T8191 likes this.

Last edited by rockflyertalk; Mar 20, 2019 at 6:36 am Reason: added article and link
Old Mar 20, 2019, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Cheers, both. Just wondering how to operate the IFE when I have my things on the shelf, that’s all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.