Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

[REUNITED !] Missing pink teddy in BA T5 B lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[REUNITED !] Missing pink teddy in BA T5 B lounge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2019, 12:02 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by bigwalrus
We landed on time from DXB and split the family in two. I left my wife with the baby while I carted a rollercase, a trunki and knackered 4 year old from the C gates to arrivals.

We got to the lost property office and they appear to have something that sounds a lot like teddy, found in the right lounge on the right date. However...it is in the T3 office and we don't have time to go there and make our final hop to NCL.

So the saga continues. A phone call in the morning is on the agenda.
Amazing! Fingers crossed it's the right teddy!

I wonder if someone here is flying through T3 tomorrow and could possibly pick it up for you - or get a photo at the very least!

M
Old Feb 14, 2019, 12:05 pm

Programs: BA GOLD
Originally Posted by bigwalrus
We landed on time from DXB and split the family in two. I left my wife with the baby while I carted a rollercase, a trunki and knackered 4 year old from the C gates to arrivals.

We got to the lost property office and they appear to have something that sounds a lot like teddy, found in the right lounge on the right date. However...it is in the T3 office and we don't have time to go there and make our final hop to NCL.

So the saga continues. A phone call in the morning is on the agenda.
Thank you for the update and the possible good news about "pink teddy" ........... fingers crossed for you. You have a PM from me.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 12:10 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
And I repeat my previous PM to you too. I'm in LHR every day for the next week or so.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 12:24 pm

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott PlatfL/Ambassador, TP Gold, IHG Spire
Ahhh! The drama! I was expecting a happy conclusion to this today!
Old Feb 14, 2019, 12:38 pm
XLB
Suspended

Programs: BA, QR, LH
Originally Posted by Globaliser
I'm sure that would be great, but (to get all objective for a moment) what was so special about this particular cuddly toy, other than that it happened to belong to a family member of a FTer? Should BA do this every time someone loses a cuddly toy?

Looking on missingx for 1 February onwards, the site currently lists:-
  • Cuddly toy 08-Feb-2019
  • Cuddly toy 07-Feb-2019
  • Cuddly toy 04-Feb-2019
  • Doll 03-Feb-2019
  • Cuddly toy 03-Feb-2019
  • Doll 01-Feb-2019
  • Cuddly toy 02-Feb-2019
  • Cuddly toy 01-Feb-2019
  • Cuddly toy 01-Feb-2019
The chances are that about half of these were lost by BA passengers.
It does not have not be to be this customer. But why not? Essential PR is taking one customer from a pool of others and elevating their experience through natural selection to enhance BA's standing in the public domain. Sometimes all it takes is getting the story in front of the right person.
TedToToe likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Damn ... the suspense continues!! Sounding a bit more promising, though.
TedToToe likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
My wife who is now 60 still has her "Bear". It's surprising that she still has it as she moved a lot as an ex-pat kid and also as an adult. However, she does not travel with "Bear" as she would have a meltdown if "Bear" goes wandering around. Hopefully, pink teddy gets reunited soon with the kid.

"Bear" has a French name: "Nounours".
This!

Apparently never leaves home now....just in case
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
And I repeat my previous PM to you too. I'm in LHR every day for the next week or so.
Definitely a job for cws. ^
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:52 pm

A very similar story (with a happy resolution) happened on Iberia recently:

https://grupo.iberia.es/news/1102201...-gran-aventura

A child lost a teddy bear in MAD on January 3rd just before boarding a flight to BIO. He wrote a letter to the "Reyes Magos" (the Three Wise Men, who bring presents to children in Spain on January 6th) asking only for the teddy bear back and gave it to the crew so they could deliver it to their majesties. The bear was found and delivered to the family in Bilbao by the same crew (who were doing another BIO-MAD-BIO back to back).

I hope the OP's situation has a similar resolution.
SK and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by XLB
It does not have not be to be this customer. But why not? Essential PR is taking one customer from a pool of others and elevating their experience through natural selection to enhance BA's standing in the public domain. Sometimes all it takes is getting the story in front of the right person.
The suggestion was that it should be for this very customer. Of course, in general it is done sometimes, as JAXBA has already pointed out: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post30777986

I am still keeping my fingers crossed that all will work out well on this occasion.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
May well take you up on your offer.

Let me call them tomorrow and confirm its identity and we'll go from there.

Thanks
Old Feb 14, 2019, 4:01 pm

Well this has been a nerve-wracking thread, and now the suspense is prolonged!

Hoping for a positive resolution (and perhaps a photo of the adventurous bear once successfully reunited, or perhaps en-route from our intrepid courier?)

On tenterhooks here on Tyneside...
Old Feb 14, 2019, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by Globaliser
I don't think we actually know what chance BA was given on the day to put things right. And the process of getting the bear from the T5B lounge to a C gate would take some time.

I once left my phone in a T5A lounge and boarded from a gate directly below it (about A23). When I realised I'd left the phone behind, I told the SCCM who told the gate agent who told the lounge. And although a staff member in the lounge found it and brought it straight down to the gate, they just missed us because we'd pushed back. And so it had to go into the lost property system. That was not for want of trying by the lounge staff, but time was against us.
I once forgot my brand new coat in one of the CCR bathrooms just before going to T5B for my flight. Noticed as I was approaching the gate, frantically asked the gate staff if they could help (i.e. at least call up the CCR!). No reaction, nothing. "If you wish to go back and get it, you will miss your flight and the later one is full, so you'll lose your ticket". More insistence went nowhere, so I picked up the phone to GGL trying to get through to SS (travelling F) - anything to try to get it back. Eventually the gate staff reluctantly called up the CCR who confirmed it was found and someone would bring it over. The GA was still quite bemused. On my way to the aircraft I saw the TRM and mentioned that someone would/should arrive with my coat, thankfully 'doors closed' was delayed about 5 minutes anyway so I got it back. But a good 10 minutes wasted... not impressed!

Originally Posted by Yllanes
A very similar story (with a happy resolution) happened on Iberia recently:

https://grupo.iberia.es/news/1102201...-gran-aventura

A child lost a teddy bear in MAD on January 3rd just before boarding a flight to BIO. He wrote a letter to the "Reyes Magos" (the Three Wise Men, who bring presents to children in Spain on January 6th) asking only for the teddy bear back and gave it to the crew so they could deliver it to their majesties. The bear was found and delivered to the family in Bilbao by the same crew (who were doing another BIO-MAD-BIO back to back).
Was just about to post this - such a nice story. Not to mention the fact that the the teddy bear was trapped in one of T4's huge supporting columns rather than just left behind! Lightning fast response by Iberia, Aena and MAD Lost & Found (as mentioned in the article).
CharlotteC likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 4:20 pm

Isn’t it lovely though how everybody mucks in to try and help pink teddy and friend to be reunited; and how many similar stories there are - perhaps there is hope for us after all and that we are not all selfish and hardened individuals...
Old Feb 14, 2019, 4:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Done correctly the BA team and/or Heathrow could have got a lot of PR out of this. The attached Loganair lost bear made headlines on Edinburgh news and the BBC news website.. Fingers crossed for a happy ending. I’m expecting CWS to save the day and pictures of it with ‘the’ cup in the CCR and in seat 1B.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.