Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

[REUNITED !] Missing pink teddy in BA T5 B lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2019, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver

A huge favour to ask of any of you.

We've just boarded a flight to Dubai on a C gate and realised my four year old has left her adored and favourite teddy in the T5 B lounge. If any of you work in there or are in there now, could you check for a small pink (and slightly battered) teddy near the kids room at the "quiet end of the lounge"? We think it's on a chair in the corner just outside the kids room.

My daughter is currently inconsolable so I'd be hugely grateful if anyone could help!

Yours hopefully...!

Last edited by bigwalrus; Feb 16, 2019 at 1:26 pm Reason: Update
Old Feb 5, 2019, 2:58 pm

Fingers crossed for you.

If you are on Twitter then you should get in touch with BA's Twitter team.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 3:13 pm

Programs: All the usual suspects
I hope it turns up, I've been in similar circumstances and it made me sick to my stomach until we recovered the said item.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I can only hope that your daughter is reunited with her teddy. I had a similar experience in YYC last year: my daughter managed to leave her beloved (Cheesecake Factory) Penguin behind in the lounge. Thankfully, an observant staff member noticed and alerted us. There would have been tears that night, for sure!
Old Feb 5, 2019, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oops, not the Pink Teddy I was expecting. Thought there would be a "story" behind the subject.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire, Caesars Diamond
Come on BA restore my faith in you by finding the teddy. Anything less and my desertion to Delta/Virgin which started this year is complete... YOU CAN WIN US ALL BACK BY BEING AWESOME LIKE YOU ONCE WERE!
Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:59 pm

I feel for you. I once was in a hotel and my 5 year old then lost his battered soft toy dog. The hotel was sympathetic hence kept encouraging us to buy a new one and they’d reimburse, but that wasn’t the point. In the end after searching high and low they found it, as housekeeping had removed it, hidden amongst the stash of crumpled bed linen. It was a Mastercard moment when my son was finally reunited at the end of the day with his freshly laundered and fragrant smelling dog!
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:53 pm

Hope you get it back! Unfortunately I lost a neck pillow on the way to a lounge and no one pointed it out to me (not that they were obligated to). It was just a neck pillow but it had some sentimental value as it had travelled much of the world with me over 5 years.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 12:08 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestion of Twitter. I will set up an account to see if I can get any traction.

​​​​​​I think we're both as hit by it as our daughter...it feels like someone has died! Crazy that a cheap teddy can wreak so much havoc.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 12:30 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Explorer/Flying Blue Petroleum Club
Originally Posted by bigwalrus
Thanks for the suggestion of Twitter. I will set up an account to see if I can get any traction.

​​​​​​I think we're both as hit by it as our daughter...it feels like someone has died! Crazy that a cheap teddy can wreak so much havoc.
If you like I can tweet on your behalf I have an account set up and can also get some love for this from my 10,000+ followers BA are usually very quick in responding to me but if you have done it already no problem

hope the little 1 is reunited with the Teddy.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 12:32 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
You’d be amazed. My 11 yr old still has her original teddy plus the 4 identical ones we bought to replace it should anything like this happen.

Hope that you get her pink teddy back.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 12:50 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
I have quite a long layover in T5 on Saturday. Let me know if you have had no luck by then and I will wonder over to T5B and ask for you.

Although I am hopeful it will be found long before then.
Colnic2011 likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 1:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by TedToToe
I can only hope that your daughter is reunited with her teddy. I had a similar experience in YYC last year: my daughter managed to leave her beloved (Cheesecake Factory) Penguin behind in the lounge. Thankfully, an observant staff member noticed and alerted us. There would have been tears that night, for sure!
....then there was the time, on the eve of travelling to Singapore, she left Jessie (from Toy Story) on the tube! After explaining to her how the Circle Line works (or used to!) and a solo trip to the Disney Store in Covent Garden, everything was sorted!
george77300 likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 1:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Colnic2011
If you like I can tweet on your behalf I have an account set up and can also get some love for this from my 10,000+ followers BA are usually very quick in responding to me but if you have done it already no problem

hope the little 1 is reunited with the Teddy.
If you could, that would be really appreciated. I've tried setting up an account but keep getting the same error message every time.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 1:17 am
Original Poster

Picture of the teddy attached (from a little while back)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.