Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA 9 LHR-BKK. Is it getting worse ?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2019, 3:39 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by SKRan
EVA offers a longer meal service and champagne on a Cirrus seat. Every aspect is better than CW.
In PE? That's quite a product :P
Old Oct 4, 2019, 6:42 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by SKRan
EVA offers a longer meal service and champagne on a Cirrus seat. Every aspect is better than CW.
And how many Tier Points and Avios do you earn?
esledo likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 9:30 am
formerly JackDann

I've opted to go via KUL over Christmas on the 787, having previously done the BA9/10 i'd never put myself through it again until they operate that route with a newer or refurbished aircraft.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 10:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
I am not a fan of this route for BA especially on the old 777. I have heard they are changing the aircraft to the 787.

I tend to do this route with QR and can get some excellent ex EU deals. Also can get 560 TPs on a return journey in J!
Old Oct 4, 2019, 2:13 pm

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Originally Posted by tomparskate
I am not a fan of this route for BA especially on the old 777. I have heard they are changing the aircraft to the 787.

I tend to do this route with QR and can get some excellent ex EU deals. Also can get 560 TPs on a return journey in J!
Me too, I used to fly BA F pretty often on this route when it was offered, now it’s EK or more often QR now I’ve realised their J is almost as good as BA F.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 7:41 am

When is the 787 expected on BA 009/10. I really hate those ancient 777-200's.
I did 3 trips this summer to BKK. 2 on QR and one on CX all excellent.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 9:15 am

Are they going to sell First Class then? Not seen any availability so far, but that might be early.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 10:55 am
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by mrpacifist
Are they going to sell First Class then? Not seen any availability so far, but that might be early.
Release implies F will be sold as F. Unless they flip it down to a 787-8, of course.
only 8 F seats so will probably be sold at higher fare class levels, and probably very few if any redemption seats.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 11:47 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

A little bit off-topic in regard to the lounge situation in BKK. The TK Lounge next to the QR Lounge is also a Priority Pass Lounge. And since I had a couple of flights on CX and MH in the past at the same time the BA flight was schedule to leabe, I used my Priority Pass to get access to the TK Lounge. I was in many case the only guest. Indeed, they do not serve Champage, but at 10 am in the morning, I prefer a seat and a Turkish coffee over a glass of Champagne while standing in the CX Lounge. But this might be just me.

For the record, I booked BA in WTP in early November. Showing 777 (and expecting to fly this aircraft). In this case, the very competitive fare was the reason to book BA over any of the competitors from oneworld ....
Old Oct 5, 2019, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by FLYGVA
A little bit off-topic in regard to the lounge situation in BKK. The TK Lounge next to the QR Lounge is also a Priority Pass Lounge. And since I had a couple of flights on CX and MH in the past at the same time the BA flight was schedule to leabe, I used my Priority Pass to get access to the TK Lounge. I was in many case the only guest. Indeed, they do not serve Champage, but at 10 am in the morning, I prefer a seat and a Turkish coffee over a glass of Champagne while standing in the CX Lounge. But this might be just me.
The made-to-order pide in the TK lounge is also very good. Not sure if available in the morning but worth a try.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by Dermot
When is the 787 expected on BA 009/10. I really hate those ancient 777-200's.
I did 3 trips this summer to BKK. 2 on QR and one on CX all excellent.
From June 30th 2020. Current scheduling is for a 789 every day.
DanAirLondon likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 9:18 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Oddly they don’t seem to sell the F seats yet and pulling the seat map from EF shows F being part of CW. But if there will be a 4-class 789 operating this route I’ll know where I’ll use my GuF’s and Jokers.
DanAirLondon likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 1:31 am

Programs: Hotels.com Gold, BA Exec, 1M Green Sheild Stamps
If F opens up on BA09/10 thats where my next companion voucher is going!
Old Oct 8, 2019, 2:14 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Originally Posted by AnttiV
Oddly they don’t seem to sell the F seats yet and pulling the seat map from EF shows F being part of CW. But if there will be a 4-class 789 operating this route I’ll know where I’ll use my GuF’s and Jokers.
It's odd - BA are showing "FC AC" on every flight to/from BKK including the current 3 class 777 flights, but they don't on other flights that are operated by non-F class operated flights. I've never seen this before, and I wonder if it's a preparation for opening it up to a 4 class route?
Old Oct 8, 2019, 5:16 am

Sat on BA10 right now.

Thoughts:

1/ The wifi actually works pretty well, but traffic is routed via Texas, hence Netflix thinks I'm in the US and I can't actually watch the programme I wanted to.
2/ The IFE is terrible for 2019. The selection isn't great and the resolution is horrendous. Why don't they make these plug and play, so they can upgrade the screens separately?
3/ Having flown in via Singapore on the a380, there is always a distinct difference between flight quality (air etc) and CW 'quality/feeling'. I find the a380 business routes more professional (obviously) and a bit calmer, whereas the BKK route always feels erratic.

That being said,

4/ The hard product, bar the IFE, is exactly the same and it's generally the element that gives me the most utility when flying up front.
5/ The crew so far have been fantastic; very friendly and accommodating to anything I've required thus far. And just very nice in general.

The flight time on the return kind of works out ok too, as you can keep yourself up all day and then have a proper nights sleep in a proper bed.

If you love asian food as much as I do, you'll be happy in the CX lounge - although it does get a little busy, including the gents toilets where I had to queue for 5minutes to use a cubicle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.