Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA First Wine - Staff 'Cheat' Sheet (Tier 2, Jan 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA First Wine - Staff 'Cheat' Sheet (Tier 2, Jan 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry
Originally Posted by mikeijay

Winner Winner Overcooked Lamb in-flight Dinner !

Your awsome!! DM me your size and details and ill get you a fresh sleeper suit, full kit and the famous Pen! (dont worry it wont be the one between my legs in the photo) haha
i love the winnings, like Christmas all over again

if they arrive in time I wont have to go buy valentines gift!

The famous crotch pen!

Cheers look forward to the loot!
mikeijay likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 3:17 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by volar

i saw a crew member placing a clear duty free bag of miniatures and mixers into her bag on Sunday. This was a long band CE flight returning to LHR. Since there wasn’t much attempt to hide it - I could see into the galley from 1A through the partially open curtain - I assumed it was legit, but I was quite surprised. Sorry to go off topic.
Crew are, of course permitted to buy these things, and I am sure that is the case here or she would have been much more careful no doubt. Hiding implies that it was illicit which I doubt was the case.

As for stealing the cutlery, well let's leave it at that.

Good to have CIHY with us today - so whilst you are clearly not busy, run (or shuffle) and fix me a Bombay and Slim and don't stint the ice. Cut a fresh lemon, yesterdays will not do thank you!
volar likes this.

Last edited by PUCCI GALORE; Feb 1, 2019 at 5:34 am
Old Feb 1, 2019, 3:43 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Class, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
Terroir. It can be a 5 bottle but if the terroir is fabulous itll make a fabulous wine.

Darling, terroir isnt going to do anything for a 5 bottle of wine.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 4:00 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Class, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by rossmacd
I really never understand the correlation between price and quality of wines. Not being a huge wine drinker myself, and certainly not the type who will wax lyrical about how much I know about the stuff to make me look like I know what I am talking about (), I know what I like to drink and I know what I don't like. I'm not that fussed if it costs 10 or 100 per bottle. I've tasted several expensive wines that would be of better use cleaning drains, and many cheaper wines that are perfectly drinkable.

There does seem to be an odd fascination that price = quality, when in the real world, it really doesn't
With wine (putting aside false modesty and reverse snobbery) it really does, up to a point. From then on it gives you exclusivity, uniqueness etc. Where that point lies will differ from person to person and which particular wine (Chablis, red burgundy ...) youre looking at.

A lot of us have an expensive wine tasted like farmyard swill story, mine is about a 47 Petrus (I wasnt paying). Personally, I have far more that 30 wine from Waitrose was a lot better than the 5 bottle stories.

Ill stop now or I run the risk of waxing lyrical 😉

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.