Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Pictures: New World Traveller Plus catering - launches 1 Feb 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pictures: New World Traveller Plus catering - launches 1 Feb 2019

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2019, 4:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Was on board BA287 from LHR to SFO March 28th travelling in WT+. Here are a few remarks: first there were no menus which didn’t really bother as I had pre-ordered my meal. All the pre-ordered meal trays were delivered from the back galley. No covers were removed which I understand as the trays were carried all the way from the back of the plane. The thing I don’t understand is that it took nearly half an hour until the meal/bread basket/wine trolley reached the end of WT+ cabin. By then I had already finished my meal without wine or bread.

During the entire 11 hrs flight water/juice was offered only once! I’m sure one could get some from the galley or by pressing the attendant button but based on my experience there have previously been nearly hourly runs.

The mid-flight snack was exactly the same as previously but the second meal service was a real improvement. The prawn noodles were tasty although the size of the portion was fairly small. For some reason the service was very hasty not to talk about re-collecting the trays. Perhaps they could start the round like 30 mins earlier.

I was hoping for the new amenity kits, but only those good old grey plastic bags on this flight.
Also purchased the WiFi streaming package for this flight. For roughly 30€ got really poor speed, unusable for streaming and a several hours long service cut off around Greenland and northern Canada. Very disappointing and definitely not worth the price.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by timma1971
The mid-flight snack was exactly the same as previously but the second meal service was a real improvement. The prawn noodles were tasty although the size of the portion was fairly small. For some reason the service was very hasty not to talk about re-collecting the trays. Perhaps they could start the round like 30 mins earlier.
Just wondering, what was the mid-flight snack, Magnum Mini? I have noticed that British Airways have removed their snack basket on their long haul routes for WT & WTP and started to give ice creams instead. Also, have you noticed if the second meal was the same as World Traveller. On shorter westbound transatlantic flights WTP passengers get the same tuna mayonnaise sandwich as WT passengers do.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 8:29 pm

Programs: BAEC; JMB
Is there a list for which routes this is on now; for new seats/service?
Im wondering if it’s on HND or NRT routes yet
thanks
Old Mar 29, 2019, 9:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I've had Magnum Minis on US east coast flights in WT+ but the standard west coast snack box contains two minibags flavored popcorn and a Twix. Not sure about the WT second meal but at least the WT+ felt somewhat premium, also it was served on proper porcelain and with metal cutlery.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 1:42 am

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Titanium, United - Silver
BA 284 WT+ March 26

Overall very nice flight. Flight attendants were very friendly and service was great. Food overall was good. Tried to upload pic of beef dish but not working will try later.

Mushroom omelette

Pasta - it was ok - said it was pesto but couldn’t really taste any. Veggies were great.

English breakfast- overall good

Last edited by s0479; Mar 30, 2019 at 1:48 am
Old Mar 30, 2019, 1:51 am

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Titanium, United - Silver
flight BA284 cont’d

[

Beef dish was very good

Last edited by s0479; Mar 30, 2019 at 1:57 am
Old Mar 30, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by s0479
Overall very nice flight. Flight attendants were very friendly and service was great. Food overall was good. Tried to upload pic of beef dish but not working will try later.

Mushroom omelette

Pasta - it was ok - said it was pesto but couldn’t really taste any. Veggies were great.

English breakfast- overall good
Egg free steak, sausage, bacon, mushrooms, tomato, hashbrowns. How did you manage that? That's like my dream breakfast! Looks great!
Old Apr 23, 2019, 12:56 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite,Star Alliance
What is an egg free steak??
Old Apr 23, 2019, 1:28 pm

Programs: BAEC - Lowly blue
Any idea when new soft product launches? (Pillows/blankets/amenity kits etc?)
Old Apr 23, 2019, 2:00 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by Markx
What is an egg free steak??
The photo looks like there is no egg on the plate. I hate eggs, so this would be a perfect breakfast for me.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 2:15 pm

Chicken curry

Beef

​​​​​​​Recent Lhr-Lax flight on 13th April 2019 the prawn noodles was the afternoon ‘snack’
Old Apr 24, 2019, 5:36 am

Programs: IHG Gold
We flew BA54 last week in Y+, JNB-LHR. Some images below of the catering

Pre-departure drink was offered, water or "champagne". I took water as on antibiotics currently

Bar run snack

Child's meal

Regular meal, chicken option (Cape Malay Curry - very nice)

Child's breakfast

Regular breakfast, Full English option

Amenity kit

signol

Last edited by signol; Apr 24, 2019 at 5:40 am Reason: Adding photo comments
Old Apr 25, 2019, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Not sure if you should be grateful as Pucci tells me that two fingers are never enough!
this is just like Christmas Panto.Most never get the punch line.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: BA Silver
Anyone else think that pizza looks pretty vile? Just don't really get after a long flight of sitting for 6+ hours you'd want to stuff your face with a greasy, cheesy pizza?
kaizenflying likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 1:49 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
This was from a few days ago, Charleston to Heathrow, which leaves CHS very late on, 23:30 hrs.

Menu

I went for the spiced salmon, which was very tasty and I've had far worse in some airline's business class cabin.

Rather less splendid is the breakfast, though I suppose better than previous offerings, this is an egg and cheese burrito.

Prospero and george77300 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.