Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask the staffer

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2019, 12:50 pm

Programs: ba
Originally Posted by JAXBA

He chose not to travel and so was offloaded. The computer automatically marks noshows when pax don't travel, and don't change the reservation prior to departure to another flight.

It would have been helpful if the agent who offloaded him had advised him to go to the ticket desk or to call to change the reservation, but depending on ticket type there may not have been anything possible.

Referring the customer to Customer Relations wasn't useful; they handle complaints, and nothing had gone wrong at that point.

Choosing to offload was a personal decision; although understandably to get medication, that wouldn't require BA to extend anything, whereas someone having a medical episode at the airport that prevented them from travelling would probably be worked with.

From the information given, it sounds like they decided not to go, didn't rebook while they were still there, and so a tax only refund is likely the extent of all that they're entitled to.

The offloading agent could definitely have been more helpful.
Thats very helpful thanks. He said there was no mention by the agent to rebook, just handed him the customer relations card and thats whom he called who offered just the tax back. He was not sure of his options, he does not travel frequently. But thanks again for your response.

Last edited by Sam Swps; Oct 15, 2019 at 12:52 pm Reason: mistakenly submitted
Old Oct 17, 2019, 1:19 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Do A380 crew only work on the A380 or do they have certification to work on other BA aircraft models?
Old Oct 17, 2019, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Flight crew do not but cabin crew do.
sxc likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Flight crew do not but cabin crew do.
I thought there was a section of the recent documentary that showed 380 flight crew training on the 350?
Old Oct 17, 2019, 2:47 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lavajava
I thought there was a section of the recent documentary that showed 380 flight crew training on the 350?
Yes, training on a new type so they would move from the A380 to the A350.

I think the 777 and 787 has a common type rating, and obviously the A319/320/321 is all under one rating, but other than that flight crew hold a rating and fly one type at a time.
lavajava likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 2:57 am

Programs: BA (LTG), Miles&More (whatever the lowest level is), Oyster card (zones 1-2)
Originally Posted by KARFA
........ obviously the A319/320/321 is all under one rating, but other than that flight crew hold a rating and fly one type at a time.
Could the same flight crew fly more than one type of aircraft on the same day, i.e. an A319 in the morning and an A321 in the afternoon? Although I understand that they are all the same family, I would have thought given their different lengths that might mean different flight characteristics, and that in turn might risk some potential confusion if there was swapping around?
Old Oct 17, 2019, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The narrow bodied Airbus pilots fly a mixture of types daily, there are only a small number that also fly the A318.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 3:15 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ScruttonStreet
Could the same flight crew fly more than one type of aircraft on the same day, i.e. an A319 in the morning and an A321 in the afternoon? Although I understand that they are all the same family, I would have thought given their different lengths that might mean different flight characteristics, and that in turn might risk some potential confusion if there was swapping around?
Yes, and I am pretty sure they often do swap between the three on any one day.
george77300 likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 3:20 am

Programs: ASLEF
The narrow bodied Airbus pilots fly a mixture of types daily, there are only a small number that also fly the A318.
Is it correct that the A318 CW-LCY flights are crewed by Gatwick Cabin Crew and Heathrow Flight Crew?
george77300 likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 3:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
I think the 777 and 787 has a common type rating, and obviously the A319/320/321 is all under one rating, but other than that flight crew hold a rating and fly one type at a time.
At BA the A319/320/321 pilots can all fly all (Neo requires a short differences course) and in theory a pilot could fly all three in one day.

However, at BA even though the 777/787 is common, BA treat them separately. The 777 pilots and 787 pilots are separate.

Interestingly the plan is for the 777X to be incorporated with the 787 only. So one group will be B777 (200/300) and the other doing 787/777X.
ScruttonStreet likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 3:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by TrainDriverSparky
Is it correct that the A318 CW-LCY flights are crewed by Gatwick Cabin Crew and Heathrow Flight Crew?
Yes
TrainDriverSparky likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 6:35 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I would like to send a gift to someone at Waterside.

Does BA have a policy in place for staff to accept gifts, or will it cause more problems than the intended thanks?

M
Old Oct 17, 2019, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I do not think it would cause any problems.
msm2000uk likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 7:59 am

I do not think it would cause any problems.
Except there might, especially if msm2000uk is a supplier participating to a tender. Normal anti-bribing rules apply, and Watersiders (should all) have gone through the appropriate training. If it's just a present - e.g. a box of chocolates, flowers, something to thank somebody or to celebrate a birthday - then it's definitely OK. If it's a gift given as part of a business relationship then I'd advise to call in advance and ask if said gift could cause problems.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by let_BAegones_be
Does anybody know if the BEY early morning inbound flights catered from BEY or from LHR by DoCo?

I saw the inbound CW menu for my flight and nothing appeals to me. I am thinking of preordering a vegetarian SPML, but I had bad luck with SPML that were catered from abroad.
Catered from BEY. It's obvious that the BA catering budget is pretty tight, because the meals are often pretty poor (whereas other airlines with the same caterer manage to whip up something quite decent!)

The VGML is some sort of stewed vegetables, so... pick your poison...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.