Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
ba.com: technical issues tracker
Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2019, 11:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH
MMB is not working when signed into my acct. I have 3 flights booked, but the BA site says it can't find them. Does this regularly happen? The suggestion to "add them" back to my account does not work. After trying several links, I was able to access my bookings, individually, but it is rather annoying to not have them showing in my account. Browser: Chrome on Macbook.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by Blue Skye
MMB is not working when signed into my acct. I have 3 flights booked, but the BA site says it can't find them. Does this regularly happen?
Yes..
BA's legendary IT.
Probably be back soon.
If you log out and go to MMB , enter your surname and reference it will be there and allow you to exit the booking and look at your other bookings too.
Sometimes that dont work either..
The app is more robust..
Blue Skye likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Yes..
BA's legendary IT.
Probably be back soon.
If you log out and go to MMB , enter your surname and reference it will be there and allow you to exit the booking and look at your other bookings too.
Sometimes that dont work either..
The app is more robust..
Thanks. Any other day when i don't need to do anything to a booking, it's there. I'm not sure the app will allow me change dates/flights on an award booking. Apparently from what I saw when I did get into my booking on the website, you have to call for changes.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 1:02 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I dont know if this has been mentioned but BA.com defaults to the country from where one is logging in. So far so good. However the United Kingdom is just translated and left back in the 'U's - so Reino Unido or Royaumme-Uni is not with the R's and you are left hunting for it. As for the languages, it defaults to the language of the country where you are. If you change the country and the language, it will change the country but persist in the foreign language. You have to do it again and then it resumes in English.

Most irritating
Old Apr 25, 2019, 1:12 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I dont know if this has been mentioned but BA.com defaults to the country from where one is logging in. So far so good. However the United Kingdom is just translated and left back in the 'U's - so Reino Unido or Royaumme-Uni is not with the R's and you are left hunting for it. As for the languages, it defaults to the language of the country where you are. If you change the country and the language, it will change the country but persist in the foreign language. You have to do it again and then it resumes in English.
If it helps, you can edit the URL in your browser, and avoid having to select and reselect. The default UK English site is https://www.britishairways.com/travel/home/public/en_gb/

You can change the /en_gb/ to /en_fr/ or /en_es/ and have the English versions of the French/Spanish sites as required.

(This works on the Hotline site too, once you're logged in via BSAFE).
PUCCI GALORE and wilsnunn like this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 1:20 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by JAXBA
If it helps, you can edit the URL in your browser, and avoid having to select and reselect. The default UK English site is https://www.britishairways.com/travel/home/public/en_gb/

You can change the /en_gb/ to /en_fr/ or /en_es/ and have the English versions of the French/Spanish sites as required.

(This works on the Hotline site too, once you're logged in via BSAFE).
Thank you - I'd actually saved UK site on the bookmark in Firefox - but thank you. On the Iphone/Ipad I go directly to the site - but of course have to log out as it does not update the My Flights automatically.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 2:49 am

Programs: BAEC
deleted - how do I delete this post?

Last edited by FlyerGill; Apr 29, 2019 at 2:56 am
Old Apr 29, 2019, 2:52 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by mitchmagi
Monthly avios redemption availability not working.

Clicking "Find availability with British Airways on other dates" when searching for Avios seats should bring up a monthly calendar. No longer - just get blank page.

Is there an update on this problem. It happens every time and on every browser that I've tried.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 1:45 pm

payment issue

I’m trying to pay some of an outstanding balance, I select Visa personal and then put the card number in, when I try to put the expiry date in the page reloads and wipes the information I have already put in.

Ive tried clearing cookies and logging in and out and it still does it.

Any ideas?
Old May 3, 2019, 5:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Avios booking down?

Is anyone else having problems booking avios flights? I am just getting a blank screen before the results appear. I have tried deleting saved data/cookies etc to no avail. Same problem on the app.
Old May 3, 2019, 6:30 am

Sorry to bother the forum with probably a topic that is continually asked about on FT.

I see the recurring problem of no AA award availability on BA for Avios redemptions appears to have resurfaced frustratingly yet again, or at least for me anyway.

For example, on Monday this week, I was looking at MIA-DFW for a particular day in August and it was showing at least half a dozen direct flights with 7 seats available on all of them, for the usual 7.5k. I checked again on Tuesday and now there's absolutely nothing direct available except going via MCO, TPA etc. I was also looking as far out as March 2020 for the same routing and it looked like the whole schedule, some 8 flights or more, were available to choose from with maximum 7 seats availability showing. Now there's absolutely nothing direct available, except a few options via BNA, MCO, TPA etc.

I also noticed on AA.com yesterday that the mileage award amounts required for some of the direct MIA-DFW flights were all showing different, bizarre totals like 29.5k, 41k etc as opposed to just 12.5k for the usual Economy Saver award. I could have sworn when I checked this on Monday, it was 12.5k for the flights I was looking at, and then the following day, all the totals had been jacked up with these bizarre, face-ripping amounts. I suspect there is a connection here perhaps.

Thanks for any advice.

Last edited by TheSiloBlewUp; May 3, 2019 at 6:32 am Reason: Error
Old May 6, 2019, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat, US Air Silver, JPM Palladium
its not just you - I'm having the same problem. No AA saver flights available on BA.com, but is wide open on AA and all other oneworld partners. Im specifically looking at DFW-IAD in August. Ive tried flipping back and forth to other dates as some folks have suggested, but that didnt work for me. Im dreading calling BA since they have THE worst customer service plus Ill probably have to stay on hold for an hour...
Old May 7, 2019, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
BA having another one of ‘those days’. Trying to book a simple JER-LGW-MLA ...

* ba.com keeps hopping to a different screen, requiring repeated data input
* Repeated requests to Log In
* System locks up before payment screen.
* App follows a similar route, locking up at page 4 of 5.
... so after 15 minutes of trying, call Gold Line.
* Agent then spends 30 minutes fighting HIS system, before booking finally achieved.

Total time c. 45 minutes. What a FARCE!

Oh, and the familiar “Unable to show your bookings”, of course.
Old May 7, 2019, 11:57 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Plat, AMEX Plat
I booked a flight on AMEX travel. BA website was showing my name as M First Last. Followed up with AMEX, as I did not want to be denied boarding for name not matching the FIrst M Last on ID. They reached out to BA who said issue is with their website display - but name is correct in system, so will not have any trouble at airport. Here's hoping.
Old May 7, 2019, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Have a question about using BA.com with ITA Powertools/BookWithMatrix. Not sure if this is the right thread. I'm able to transfer a standard itinerary from ITA to BA in a typical fare class, but if I use ITA to create a fare with a first class fare on the outbound (in J/A) and a business class fare (in I) on the return, even if it prices out in ITA, BA.com throws me an error. Is there a way to book mixed class fares on BA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.