Old Sep 23, 2019, 8:16 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by rossmacd
Andrew Lloyd Webber again in the CCR.
Ooo, a real lord is in the CCR!
Old Sep 23, 2019, 10:28 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
BA Lounge at BRU last week (& onboard my BA flight to LHR in CE & later connecting to LAX) Glenn Hughes, ex bassist & vocalist for Deep Purple (plus many, many other rock recording & performing credits).
Old Sep 24, 2019, 12:26 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by cosmo74
Duke and Duchess of Sussex plus baby Archie on board a BA flight to Cape Town (according to the Daily Mail). Apparently it was 40 mins late so no special treatment to get them away on time, hopefully they managed to snag a re-furbed 747.
Looking at the video the DailyMail posted, it shows the Duke and Duchess disembarking from a Qatar Airways aircraft. Codeshare with BA via Doha? Or is BA currently wet leasing from QR on the CPT route? I didn't think they were.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 12:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by NoY
BA Lounge at BRU last week (& onboard my BA flight to LHR in CE & later connecting to LAX) Glenn Hughes, ex bassist & vocalist for Deep Purple (plus many, many other rock recording & performing credits).
The voice of rock!
NoY likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 1:03 am

Programs: BAEC G, Bonvoy T, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

... and the England team were in there today.
I couldn't fly BA to HND/NRT because flights were packed with the rugby world cup
Old Sep 24, 2019, 1:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
Saw Michael Portillo at T5 arrivals last week. We were meeting a friend coming in from SYD on BA16 and he had flown in from SIN on the same plane. Our friend had already spotted him waiting for his luggage.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 6:01 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Workie Ticket
The voice of rock!
Damned right - a legend amongst rock aficionados - a lovely guy to chat to as well
Workie Ticket likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 6:42 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by peter.r.erskine
Looking at the video the DailyMail posted, it shows the Duke and Duchess disembarking from a Qatar Airways aircraft. Codeshare with BA via Doha? Or is BA currently wet leasing from QR on the CPT route? I didn't think they were.
That appears to be QR1369 using a 2 Class A359
Old Sep 25, 2019, 6:55 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Forever in Seattle
That appears to be QR1369 using a 2 Class A359
All QR aircraft (A380 aside) are 2 class birds.

BA are not wet-leasing it, and I'm struggling to find anything to show that it didnt come from DOH.

So with that in mind, I wonder whether they did actually come off the QR aircraft, or if it's just the angle of the image (the stairs are attached to a jetbridge opposed to an aircraft). The only links I can find to QR, link to the Daily Mail video, but it would be strange for them to fly via DOH...unless it was baby related and the Duchess had been advised not to sit down for 12 hour periods at a time

M
Old Sep 25, 2019, 9:28 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
All QR aircraft (A380 aside) are 2 class birds.

BA are not wet-leasing it, and I'm struggling to find anything to show that it didnt come from DOH.

So with that in mind, I wonder whether they did actually come off the QR aircraft, or if it's just the angle of the image (the stairs are attached to a jetbridge opposed to an aircraft). The only links I can find to QR, link to the Daily Mail video, but it would be strange for them to fly via DOH...unless it was baby related and the Duchess had been advised not to sit down for 12 hour periods at a time

M
Maybe they just came out of an exit that was next to the Qatar plane. I believe she mentioned to someone that the flight was 11 hours so seems unlikely to have been Qatar, someone in the comments also mentioned that their friend was cabin crew on the flight and worked for BA. They could of course have been on a private jet but trying to make it look like they were on a commercial flight.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 11:33 am

Programs: BAEC, VS FC, LH M&M, ANA Mileage Club
The three sisters from the pop rock band Haim pictured in club world on their Instagram yesterday (BA268 at a guess) prior to their radio 1 live lounge performance today

Old Sep 25, 2019, 11:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, BA AMEX PP, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by cosmo74
Duke and Duchess of Sussex plus baby Archie on board a BA flight to Cape Town (according to the Daily Mail). Apparently it was 40 mins late so no special treatment to get them away on time, hopefully they managed to snag a re-furbed 747.
Didn't realise BA did.private jet charters.
NoY likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 12:04 am

Programs: Was BA GGL but no longer travelling
Lord Rothermere in 1A on the overnight 216 from IAD.

Yes I had to google him too, but seeing as he’s worth £1.1b I guess flying in F isn’t a problem.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 2:01 am

Brings back memories... of the 1980s ; partying with Bubbles Rothermere!
Old Sep 26, 2019, 2:52 pm

Programs: BaGold
Originally Posted by HighwayToHEL
Lord Rothermere in 1A on the overnight 216 from IAD.

Yes I had to google him too, but seeing as he’s worth £1.1b I guess flying in F isn’t a problem.
As he's the Chairman of Daily Mail Group, I wonder if there's a story they're working on to say something positive/negative about BA for clickbait. Perhaps we'll see a headline like this in the Mail over the next few days:

Mail shows they care about BA Pilots as Chairman CRUZes home from Washington on BA aircraft, shunning both Virgin AND United in the process

• Duty to country as did not fly back from East Coast with pal BoJo as PM and Chairman of Mail too much of a key man risk for the country to have both on one plane
  • Confirmed that new 10 across tighter seating not yet implemented, as although tight compared to Cathay Pacific, just 4 across seating on his plane
  • Plane successfully took off and landed. All credit to the pilots
  • New pajamas felt "nice", although quantity of smoked salmon somewhat lacking
stephenjc likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.