Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebs on BA | 2019 edition

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2019, 6:45 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Deleted..
TraumaDoc likes this.

Last edited by cgtechuk; Aug 23, 2019 at 4:08 pm
Old Aug 23, 2019, 6:53 am

Programs: BMI Dimond club, BA Executive Club
You expect to have a trained PPO (Thanks Bodyguard) at every place he flys to instead of just using his regular personal protection officer?

I would recommend Bodyguard on BBC iplayer or Netflix to understand what these guys do. (A lot of it is TV word fanaticy but they still need to be trained to cover it all) It was a PPO who shot the Westminister terrorist dead.
TraumaDoc likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 6:54 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Deleted..

Old Aug 23, 2019, 6:58 am

Programs: BMI Dimond club, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by cgtechuk
I'll ask again, What does this have anything to do with the secure area of an airport where everyone is screened and to a standard held internationally?
As you said he was driven away from the plane. He didn't mix with passengers on the ground. He prob didn't even go through security.

This is what power looks like. Something you can't get with a gold card.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 7:03 am

Deleted..

Old Aug 23, 2019, 7:04 am

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
I'll ask again, What does this have anything to do with the secure area of an airport where everyone is screened and to a standard held internationally?
As he was being driven, to a destination outside the airport, the security is in place for the contingencies that happen outside the secure perimeter of LHR.
flygirl68, cgtechuk and dpfs like this.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 7:11 am

Programs: BA Gold
I had the displeasure of sitting behind him on the GLA - LHR flight, They were all in Y along with 2 plain clothed security guards. Nice to see our taxes at work

He hardly said a peep to anyone but I did take great pleasure in watching his wifes card get declined buying from the BoB menu :-D
Was she trying to buy some Percy Pigs for David ?
Old Aug 23, 2019, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by FliGuy
Was she trying to buy some Percy Pigs for David ?
i mean Percy Pigs look a lot like his pal Boris...
Old Aug 23, 2019, 7:21 am

They went through security at GLA .

I mentioned nothing about a gold card and no idea why it's even relevant. My point is why need all this protection in the secure area of an airport ?

Anyway this thread has been derailed enough.
it’s a good point; perhaps it’s easier to get his bodyguard to fly with him than to have one where he’s at and another where he’s going to. Plus you can never be sure, what if somebody went mental at him for getting the last bag of Percies?
Old Aug 23, 2019, 7:31 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
I won't even go into what a mess he has left the place in
Did he not clear up after himself in the lounge?

I guess that at some stage he had to enter and leave the security bubble, so he may as well have PPOs with him the whole time...
origin, RoyalSwazi and dpfs like this.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 8:43 am

Programs: BA Silver
They went through security at GLA .

I mentioned nothing about a gold card and no idea why it's even relevant. My point is why need all this protection in the secure area of an airport ?

Anyway this thread has been derailed enough.
I think you may have answered your own question with;

I won't even go into what a mess he has left the place in and clearly you have your own views hence why you chimed in here.
There is a lot of strong feeling about the current political state of the UK. With that in mind, because he is in a ‘secure area’ of an airport doesn’t mean he is immune from an attempted assault from someone so inclined to do so. Perhaps that is why he gets some personal protection at all times?
flygirl68, gorps1, chris87 and 4 others like this.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 8:55 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SHT88T
There is a lot of strong feeling about the current political state of the UK. With that in mind, because he is in a ‘secure area’ of an airport doesn’t mean he is immune from an attempted assault from someone so inclined to do so. Perhaps that is why he gets some personal protection at all times?
Just because everyone is unarmed, doesn't mean that they can't assault someone - they might consider being arrested as a price worth paying. Regardless, it's likely that, without security, he'd be under a constant stream of verbal harassment if he were in public. And while you might think "He deserves it," you have to consider whether we want to make being a current or former politiciian so intolerable that only the truly deranged would attempt it. Taking away security would be a very good first step towards that.
flygirl68 and FeedbirdNiner like this.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
People, even if screened, could band together and beat him to a pulp. I would expect that there are quite a few people around who would do it, both North and South of whatever border you're referring to.
TraumaDoc and cgtechuk like this.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A man and his family went on a flight, thats all. Do people really need to be constantly told how good or bad job they did a few years ago.
Row9 likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 11:38 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Scallywag72
Paul Joseph Watson has just left the CCR and Moby is here right now.
The former is not a name i ever expected to be mentioned on this thread...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.