Intra-Asia
TPE-DPS MH £472
TPE-DPS CX £523
TPE-CGK CX £547
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals | 2019 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2019, 3:38 am

SAS seem to be doing some sub 5k pricing from Osl to SIN via Paris in J (2adults and 2 children) for mid late July but 2 to 3 hr stop in Paris and early flights from osl.
Not flown on SAS before and reviews are mixed.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:56 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, *A Silver, OW Emerald, HH Diamond, Karahi Express
Originally Posted by flashware
Shouldn't flight 6 be JFK-OTP rather than back to PHX?
Yes it should be.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can we keep this thread on-topic for BA or BAEC-earning flights.

Generic good premium deals can be discussed in their home at https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/. Definitely worth checking out if you haven’t seen it before.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by Flying Yazata
Valid from July 1st until the end of August and known as ILX8C8S6. That's the lowest business class fare with OW out there for the time being on that route (OTP-PHX).
Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, but is anyone aware of a set booking period for this fare, or is it a case of grabbing it before it is pulled? I fancy a run to PHX in July and would prefer to defer booking until February, to credit towards my next Amex 2-4-1, but I suspect I am best to jump on it now?
Old Jan 5, 2019, 11:04 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by Haagen Daz
Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, but is anyone aware of a set booking period for this fare, or is it a case of grabbing it before it is pulled? I fancy a run to PHX in July and would prefer to defer booking until February, to credit towards my next Amex 2-4-1, but I suspect I am best to jump on it now?
Does adding a hotel for a night or a car significantly increase the price? If not, you could book it as a holiday and only pay the deposit now
Old Jan 6, 2019, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by Tiger_lily

Does adding a hotel for a night or a car significantly increase the price? If not, you could book it as a holiday and only pay the deposit now
Thank you, that would certainly work, though I have friends in Phoenix, so will be staying with them and therefore have no need of a hotel.

I decided to take the plunge and book today; for reference, my routing is OTP-LHR-PHL-PHX and return, this will bag me the tier poiints I need to retain gold. Price was EUR 1249 for travel in July.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 12:29 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by Haagen Daz
Thank you, that would certainly work, though I have friends in Phoenix, so will be staying with them and therefore have no need of a hotel.

I decided to take the plunge and book today; for reference, my routing is OTP-LHR-PHL-PHX and return, this will bag me the tier poiints I need to retain gold. Price was EUR 1249 for travel in July.
Wasn’t suggesting that you actually stayed in the hotel, just that booking the hotel or a car for a short period is enough to trigger the fact it’s a holiday and then you can use the deposit facility.

Of course, that’s only of use if it doesn’t massively inflate the cost.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club, BA GGL CCR, Amex Plat
Hi,
just wondering if anyone has been able to actually book the OTP-LHR-JFK-LAX-PHX and return with a hotel and only pay the deposit. I've been able to get the flights to price up at 1245 Euro using the multi trip part of the webpage but when I add a hotel or car rental is doesn't give me the option to pay a deposit. Only option to pay in full.
Do I need to call BA to do this

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: BA gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BAEC
OTP-LHR-JFK-LAX-PHX Return for 800TP Prices up on BA at €1249.88.

@Nephoi Bookable on BA through multicity option
does this fare have a book before date? Tempted to book it for our summer holiday, but need to get my holiday approved by the company before booking
Old Jan 6, 2019, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by n4ynx
Hi,
just wondering if anyone has been able to actually book the OTP-LHR-JFK-LAX-PHX and return with a hotel and only pay the deposit. I've been able to get the flights to price up at 1245 Euro using the multi trip part of the webpage but when I add a hotel or car rental is doesn't give me the option to pay a deposit. Only option to pay in full.
Do I need to call BA to do this

Thanks in advance.
Have you tried the customise your trip option rather than the multi-city page?
Old Jan 6, 2019, 3:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club, BA GGL CCR, Amex Plat

yes did keep getting an error saying flights are not available
Old Jan 6, 2019, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by Breadstick77
What dates? On the face of it it looks like a great deal! I'd take it before it goes.
I was looking at November/December 2019. We've replaced Bali by the Philippines now though - managed to book DUS-LHR-HKG-CEB // CEB-HKG // HKG-LHR-DUS for just over £1800 including the €100 stopover charge.

Annoyingly CEB is under the 140 TP threshold, but oh well, can't have it all...
Nephoi likes this.

Last edited by just_starting; Jan 6, 2019 at 3:59 pm
Old Jan 6, 2019, 4:09 pm

Just booked 2xadult and 2xchildren on Qatar J. Sofia -SIN with short layover in Doha for £4940 all in which I'm happy with. Adult prices are approx £1298 now including peak July/August they all earn miles as well.
Looks like a A320 to Doha but A350-1000 to and from SIN so Q suites for the long legs!
Old Jan 6, 2019, 4:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold

Can you customise your trip, with a multi-number of flights and hotels and just pay a deposit? That's news to me. I thought you could only pay a deposit it if you selected flight and holiday
Old Jan 6, 2019, 4:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by 225SG
Just booked 2xadult and 2xchildren on Qatar J. Sofia -SIN with short layover in Doha for £4940 all in which I'm happy with. Adult prices are approx £1298 now including peak July/August they all earn miles as well.
Looks like a A320 to Doha but A350-1000 to and from SIN so Q suites for the long legs!
How did you position to Sofia? I’ve seen that fare before but for me (Based in Edinburgh) it’s expensive to position. Just curious if you managed to find a cheap way of positioning

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.