TPE-DPS CX Ł523
TPE-CGK CX Ł547
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals | 2019 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:42 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The free hold - correct. A paid for 72 hour hold does retain the fare (it's part ticketed as part of that process).
I got one ticket on a free hold with AA, it still shows $1344 when I click "pay now" and go to the payment page...
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:55 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by megaloman
I got one ticket on a free hold with AA, it still shows $1344 when I click "pay now" and go to the payment page...
Ah OK looking at this from the AA fare rules. My answer was assuming this was done via BA.com. AA 24 hour holds should work in my view since a lot of AA fares nominally have prior time restrictions, such that a 24 hour free hold could only work effectively if it went slightly over the timeline.
megaloman likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 8:31 am
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by JimEddie
Looks like there's another "flash" sale from Manchester, seeing good prices to some US west coast destinations. Looked at LAX (Ł1,194) and LAS (Ł1,190) departing on 5 March. Seems similar to the exINV sale from yesterday with a 50 day advance purchase requirement and no date restrictions on travel (aside from days of travel).

EDITED: Book on.before 11 January
A someone who missed out yesterday but didn't want to go all the way up to INV, you absolute beauty!

EDIT:
1. On flight matrix, BA site is Ł50 more than AA. Will I lose out on extra Avios through being gold if I book on the AA site, even on BA metal?

2. If I book the final leg the following day (but within 24 hours), will they definately just tag my bags back to LHR?

Last edited by PxC; Jan 8, 2019 at 8:46 am
Old Jan 8, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by PxC
A someone who missed out yesterday but didn't want to go all the way up to INV, you absolute beauty!

EDIT: On flight matrix, BA site is Ł50 more than AA. Will I lose out on extra Avios through being gold if I book on the AA site, even on BA metal?
No, you will still get the 100% extra bonus for Gold when ticketed on AA, IB or JL.

Note that the base avios on AA is slightly less than BA but the difference is trivial.
This is your friend:
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...-avios/flights
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:50 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by PxC
[...]Will I lose out on extra Avios through being gold if I book on the AA site, even on BA metal?
You should get the same "tier bonus", but the "cabin bonus" will be lower: 25% extra Avios in business class with an AA flight number, regardless of booking class, rather than 50% for I (or R) with a BA flight number. The difference on a TATL return itinerary can be enough to make it worth booking the BA flight numbers. Check using the calculator linked to above.

The difference is more significant on more expensive, more flexible fares, as you'd get 150% cabin bonus with a J, C or D fare booked as BA.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Looks like there's another "flash" sale from Manchester, seeing good prices to some US west coast destinations. Looked at LAX (Ł1,194) and LAS (Ł1,190) departing on 5 March. Seems similar to the exINV sale from yesterday with a 50 day advance purchase requirement and no date restrictions on travel (aside from days of travel).

EDITED: Book on.before 11 January
Looks like the fare have been refiled with date restrictions. Looking specifically at LAX, it now shows as
PERMITTED 01JUL THROUGH 31AUG OR 22NOV THROUGH 30NOV
OR 18DEC THROUGH 02JAN OR 27MAR THROUGH 22APR FOR EACH
TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR. SEASON IS BASED ON TRIP DATE.
Also seems like the LAS fare has been pulled.

Book by 31 January (not 11 January)
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:55 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
My usual luck. I was just about to book a nice trip to CA, but then the fares went haywire and I guessed there's something going on in the GDS. Meh, my usual luck. And now I at least tried not to be Captain Slow. :P
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:58 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Looks like the fare have been refiled with date restrictions. Looking specifically at LAX, it now shows as
PERMITTED 01JUL THROUGH 31AUG OR 22NOV THROUGH 30NOV
OR 18DEC THROUGH 02JAN OR 27MAR THROUGH 22APR FOR EACH
TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR. SEASON IS BASED ON TRIP DATE.
Also seems like the LAS fare has been pulled.
These flash sales are getting more and more short-lived...
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:58 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
This is making me very frustrated and I shall have to make my teacher husband get a new job...

There are very few cheap tier point acquisition opportunities around the February half term (w/b 16/2. If anyone knows of anything I will buy you a large drink...
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:59 am

Seems to some cheap First Class fares too - INV-JFK for Ł1,700

https://youhavebeenupgraded.boarding...ste-2000-euro/
Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:07 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by IMH
You should get the same "tier bonus", but the "cabin bonus" will be lower: 25% extra Avios in business class with an AA flight number, regardless of booking class, rather than 50% for I (or R) with a BA flight number. The difference on a TATL return itinerary can be enough to make it worth booking the BA flight numbers. Check using the calculator linked to above.

The difference is more significant on more expensive, more flexible fares, as you'd get 150% cabin bonus with a J, C or D fare booked as BA.
its true you will lose some Avios flying AA metal however you will be more comfortable, better fed, better served and have access to T3 lounges. For some, myself included it’s a small price to pay.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by binman

its true you will lose some Avios flying AA metal however you will be more comfortable, better fed, better served and have access to T3 lounges. For some, myself included it’s a small price to pay.
Booking the BA codeshare should earn the extra Avios though AIUI.
binman likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:35 am

Austrália or NZ

Hello everyone, I am looking for business class from Europe to Australia or New Zealand with QR in the period 11.4. - 15.5.2019 (21-25 nights), approx. 1500-1900 € return. Can you help me please? Thank you
Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:59 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by Lefly
These flash sales are getting more and more short-lived...
The MAN fares have gone mental again tonight 😩
bermudasun likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:31 pm

Programs: BAEC - Silver, Virgin Flying Club, Delta Skymiles
We ended up not pulling the trigger from INV due to some continued uncertainty (hell,who doesn't have that right now) with work/living situation in April. Bummed, I had totally optimised it too! Ah well,another sale another time. Thanks everyone for the help,though,I definitely understand the ins and outs of AA 321s/codeshare miles/Avios returns and how to build a solid tier point run with extra steps now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.