Wiki Posts
Search

Why were Avios and Tier Points denied?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2018, 3:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Why were Avios and Tier Points denied?

Took a 6 sector trip on Latam in November LHR-GRU-FOR-GRU-BUE-GRU-LHR. Claimed missing Avios and Tier Points and was credited for all sectors except GRU-FOR.
Received a short email from Executive Club saying "I'm afraid we are unable to complete your claim for Avios and Tier Points on the following flight etc etc. No reason whatsoever. Thinking there must be some explanation, such as being missed off the manifest or something, I sent a letter to BA including a copy of my Boarding Pass. No response. Any suggestions?
Old Dec 22, 2018, 3:42 am

Was it an eligible booking class for that sector?
According to.the Avios calculator only some (not all) booking classes earn avios and tier points.

Last edited by 1Aturnleft; Dec 22, 2018 at 3:49 am
Old Dec 22, 2018, 4:01 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You can find out what booking classes are involved by looking at the detailed line in BA.com or the App, where it presumably says 0 Avios: you are looking for something in brackets after the route cities, something like (Y/B). Y just means Economy travel, the B is the booking class of interest here.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by onchanman
Took a 6 sector trip on Latam in November LHR-GRU-FOR-GRU-BUE-GRU-LHR. Claimed missing Avios and Tier Points and was credited for all sectors except GRU-FOR.
Received a short email from Executive Club saying "I'm afraid we are unable to complete your claim for Avios and Tier Points on the following flight etc etc. No reason whatsoever. Thinking there must be some explanation, such as being missed off the manifest or something, I sent a letter to BA including a copy of my Boarding Pass. No response. Any suggestions?
There is a well known bug in the awarding avios/tier points for LATAM services, which often goes into the wrong class. Usually it works in our favour. Perhaps this time it did not.

I would reach out by Private Message to BA Missing Avios who is a representative of BA and is usually very helpful with such problems.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by charlieboy77
Was it an eligible booking class for that sector?
According to.the Avios calculator only some (not all) booking classes earn avios and tier points.
It was Economy (Y). Exactly the same as the return leg FOR-GRU for which Tier Points and Avios were credited (40 points and 1,452 Avios)
Old Dec 22, 2018, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Calchas
There is a well known bug in the awarding avios/tier points for LATAM services, which often goes into the wrong class. Usually it works in our favour. Perhaps this time it did not.

I would reach out by Private Message to BA Missing Avios who is a representative of BA and is usually very helpful with such problems.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Tried looking for a thread that is related to my question. I got an email today to say my avios claim for an IB flight on BA metal was approved and tier points and avios added. I checked my account and no sign of said avios or tier points. Is 80 points because was a CE return to Barcelona.

Is it normal for there to be a delay?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 2:05 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
I have previously had a 24 hour delay between the notification and seeing the points. That was from an AA flight which had given me the points for Y rather than C. Give it until Monday.
TTmex likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 1:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Thanks a lot for the reply. Will give it to Monday. No massive rush, won't be close enough to gold until May time to worry about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.