Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

A Word of Warning - Amex Travel Insurance LGW Disruption 20.12.18

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A Word of Warning - Amex Travel Insurance LGW Disruption 20.12.18

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2019, 4:38 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Actually I've been doing some private research on travel insurance of late - it's not on topic enough for me to put my findings online here (I guess I could find somewhere else) but it is quite amazing how insurers duck and weave around this. For example (from a long list)
- ...[snip]
Furthermore though this is most likely with the cheaper policies, it really isn't as simple as saying don't buy cheap.
Go on c-w-s, give us some findings! If not here, then post something in the UK&I destination forum (as although it's not really about UK&I destinations, I'd imagine that your research is most applicable to UK&I residents). I need to buy a new annual policy this week, and my very limited research has left me more confused than when I started...
ringingup likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 4:58 am

Programs: BA Gold
This shows the value of a good insurance broker... I know mine is corporate but for the princely sum of $980 AUD PA we (three of us colleagues) are insured to the hilt and it covers all the above. It even covers us if I get held up in the HK issues until the Australian Government gives a "Do Not Travel" advisory (then I'm on my own unless I have already started my trip).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.