A321 Club World flights

Old Oct 12, 2018, 6:11 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA
A321 Club World flights

Fascinating that BA offers this specific version of CW on certain flights. I rarely see it discussed and am trying to know if these planes have bassinets available in CW? Assuming if they do its row 1. Interestingly, multiple BA phone agents couldnt provide an answer about these planes!
Old Oct 12, 2018, 6:36 am

Programs: BAEC (Silver), IHG (Plat Elite)
Doesn't look like it.............

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Br...bus_A321_C.php

Old Oct 12, 2018, 6:46 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chris1922Mk2
thanks, I had seen that and hoped it was just an omission.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 6:59 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
I don't recall for sure, but row 1 has their IFE screens and foot cubbys on the bulkhead, so nowhere left for the bassinet shelf/fixings AFAIK.

Here's 1A
, the other side with 2 seats/screens would be even less accommodating.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 8:16 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pauldb
I don't recall for sure, but row 1 has their IFE screens and foot cubbys on the bulkhead, so nowhere left for the bassinet shelf/fixings AFAIK.

Here's 1A https://www.flickr.com/photos/u07ch/9714172847 , the other side with 2 seats/screens would be even less accommodating.
Yikes, I wonder why the BA team got back to me saying yes indeed 1A was a confirmed bassinet seat!???
Old Oct 12, 2018, 8:20 am

No bassinet positions in Club World, 2 bassinet positions are available, one each side, in the front row of World Traveller.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 8:26 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bwaflyer
No bassinet positions in Club World, 2 bassinet positions are available, one each side, in the front row of World Traveller.
Oy! Thanks!
Old Oct 12, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Interesting! Is this on the London - Madrid route? I heard that route gets CW instead of CE because the execs are flying that route often between HQs.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 11:21 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
These midhaul aircraft are mainly used on TLV, AMM, BEY but they can go to MAD, or even LHR-NCL (I've had 4 rides on them on this sector this year, complete with Theoretical Seating in CE, which seems a bit harsh in a 3 seat per row layout). MAD also gets 777s, but it's much more to do with (a) amount of freight (b) sheer number of passengers and (c) available alternative aircraft lying around in the LHR warehouse. It can't be taken for granted, there are often late changes in different directions, and the service on board is CE Long rather CW (or for that matter CE Medium).
volar and Gig103 like this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 11:24 am

Programs: DL DM/3MM, BA Prem/LG, AA CK, UA GS, Marriott Ambassador
I’m flying one tomorrow morning to DME, apparently.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 11:43 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold, Marriott Platinum
I’ve literally just boarded one now to fly up to Newcastle and I can confirm, no bassinet in Club!
People acting very surprised to see TV’s on a domestic flight. I’ve never actually had the IFE activated when flying on them short haul though. Has anyone else?
Old Oct 12, 2018, 1:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by IslingtonFlyer
I’ve literally just boarded one now to fly up to Newcastle and I can confirm, no bassinet in Club!
People acting very surprised to see TV’s on a domestic flight. I’ve never actually had the IFE activated when flying on them short haul though. Has anyone else?
They shouldn't.. they only have IFE licences for the medium/long haul routes.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Gig103
Interesting! Is this on the London - Madrid route? I heard that route gets CW instead of CE because the execs are flying that route often between HQs.
No. Even the 2 flights operated by longhaul planes are mostly unusable for 'the execs', especially on daytrips ex LHR (by the way, there's no IAG HQ in Madrid; the office where IAG is registered is an empty 'villa' in La Muñoza, IAG's all in Waterside. There's a fair movement of people between MAD and LHR for various business reasons, but on a given day you won't see more than 2 or 3 people flying on duty on the BA456 or 458).
Gig103 likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 2:17 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Flown this to AMM a bunch of times, babies on laps up front.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 8:37 am

Programs: BA Exec Club - Demoted to Bronze and re-promoted to Silver alongside AC Elite 50K (gold) in 2022
Don't forget, IB has a major hubbing activity at MAD. My brotther more than once has bought a BA code share to S America etc etc via Madrid, and I suspect the timing is to connect to / from a lot of the over night S American IB routes

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.