Search

No record of being ticketed

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2018, 2:27 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Often1
While it should not be the passenger's responsibility, it befalls the passenger to track the issuance (or reissuance) of an e-ticket. If you do not see your new e-ticket at 5 days, call in.

It is an absurdity that in this day and age, tickets and most particularly reissuance of tickets is not close to immediate. AA tickets issued in the UK (where the CVV problem arises) are generally handled either immediately, e.g. you will have an e-ticket confirmation by the time you hang up, to the next business day on those rare occasions when AA's "rate desk" must look at the ticket (something which occurs much more frequently on BA due to the lack of automation of its front line pricing).
Very different from AA in the USA. Some or all of the following can occur:
(1)You receive a record locator
(2)a ticket shows "pending" for days
(3)the ticket shows as "ticketed" but you receive no confirmation/receipt
(4)you receive a confirmation but no receipt
(5)no ticket number can (easily) be found on aa.com'
Old Dec 16, 2018, 3:27 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by danielonn
BA Is required to get you on a flight that you paid for in good faith.
Payment hadn't been taken/processed yet, that's the problem. BA had permission to take payment, but they didn't process it within 7 days while they still had the CVV, so they haven't been paid yet. Their own fault of course.

I would press for a "Forced Ticket"
Not sure what you mean here.

BA should be able to provide you with an Authorization or Attempted Authorization code and the dates they attempted to charge your credit card...
They hadn't even attempted it...

How can you be expected to babysit your reservation constantly.I mean its good to see that a ticket number is associated and if none is then I would question the problem but after a ticket number has been associated then the airline enters into an agreement to carry you.
No need to babysit it, just call back once a week until you get the new ticket number - or wait until a couple of days before departure if you prefer. It is silly to have to call back every 7th day to make sure the CVV is refreshed, but until BA have appropriate staffing for their ticketing queues, and turn around the reissues in time, the options are to keep calling back, or wait until the last minute.
Anonba likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 3:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by mario
I absolutely disagree with that sentence. Airlines moved away from physical paper tickets to e-tickets to save money.

With that, it befalls on the airline to ensure that they issue tickets correctly and that they make things right when their processes fail. After all, they are already saving millions by removing the admin related to paper tickets, surely they can and should pay for when things go wrong because of that.

​​​​​
You need to read what I wrote in its entirety.

My statement is simply that while it ought not to befall the passenger, it does. No ticket means no flight. One may stamp one's foot and even collect all manner of compensation, but it does not change the simple fact that the aircraft departs and you are not on it.

Of course e-tickets same air carriers money. Efficiency is generally a good thing for those who pay for the service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.