Community
Wiki Posts
Search

48 in CE - good idea?!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2018, 11:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Love the idea that a passenger should be “grateful” for having CC members who actually do their job ......
Old Dec 3, 2018, 12:15 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by navylad

Describing people are silly for choosing CE is well a little silly in itself. Whether it is work paying, you are time poor but able to afford and in need of TPs or actually just picked a bargain and want to have a little treat, particularly if you don’t have status, plenary kf reasons why people choose CE, even if you don’t. I’m happy to travel in either cabin, but if paying for my folks for example I’ll put them in CE.
Fully agree. I book CE regularly. Booking far in advance sometime the difference is only £40-£50, particularly if I need the extra suitcase. At shorter notice, I have, not infrequently found that CE can be cheaper then ET+, then silly not to.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
It reminds me of eating with the queen, service begins with HM and proceeds, but she doesn’t wait for all to be serve before starting. Once The queen is done, clearance begins, cheap seats may only get a few mouth fulls.

Personally, I won’t ask for anything additional until everyone has been served, hopefully having respect for other pax brings me karma.

Really useful advice. Will remember that the next time I'm flying with HM
Old Dec 3, 2018, 1:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by onobond
Really useful advice. Will remember that the next time I'm flying* with HM
Quip of the month ^

* especialliy in CE !
Old Dec 3, 2018, 2:04 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Personally, I won’t ask for anything additional until everyone has been served, hopefully having respect for other pax brings me karma.
Whereas asking first can bring you korma.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 2:16 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by bisonrav
Whereas asking first can bring you korma.
I find trying to curry favour with the cabin crew can go along way to getting what you want.

simons1 likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 2:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
On the opposite end of this. I had a single crewmember on LGW-AMS in CE, and 2 pax. They barely managed to clear my tray before landing, and seemed busy the whole time.

The galley work seems very intensive on the new CE service.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 2:19 am

Programs: Some
The whole pressing the bell for service thing also only works if someone actually responds when you do. I had a very long wait for an offer of a top up on two CE flights in the last month so tried this twice and both times no one actually came when I did press it.

I am also inclined to think 48 people in CE is too many, but then again if you want to pay £235 return to HEL or whatever the fare was, you can’t expect BA to throw resources at the cabin!

Last edited by lost_in_translation; Dec 3, 2018 at 2:27 am
Old Dec 3, 2018, 2:56 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
but then again if you want to pay £235 return to HEL or whatever the fare was, you can’t expect BA to throw resources at the cabin!
There might have been one or two in the cabin who didn't book that in the September sale though. And from my Google Flights tracker, I think that CE return last weekend had been sitting at £800-£1000 for several weeks, which would have left me more agitated about mediocre service.
subject2load likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by madfish

I find trying to curry favour with the cabin crew can go along way to getting what you want.
The last time I tried they were having naan of it.
choosethedrew likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:01 am

Programs: BA GGL
No, it's a terrible idea and BA shouldn't allow it unless it can be better handled.

Last time this happened to mr it took an hour for a drink to be offered and no meal choice was available.

I complained and some paltry Avios sum was thrown my way.
​​​​​
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by subject2load

Quip of the month ^

* especialliy in CE !
At least with HM's slight frame she would not struggle with the densified seating.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
To answer the OP's question - no its not because there is risk of me getting kicked out of my exit row seat in ET
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:15 am

Programs: BMI Dimond club, BA Executive Club
I had 28 in CE on a flight to Manchester yesterday! They did food first and then drinks.

My god was it fast-paced. But it worked. No excuse for a long flight to HEL.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:47 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by pacenotes
I had 28 in CE on a flight to Manchester yesterday! They did food first and then drinks.

My god was it fast-paced. But it worked. No excuse for a long flight to HEL.
I am always amazed at just how well the crews manage on these short sectors, I've seen them complete 10 rows on the MAN sectors - and still be asked if I want another drink before landing!
HIDDY likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.