Wiki Posts
Search

CE curtains and Customer Relations reply

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2018, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
CE curtains and Customer Relations reply

I contacted Customer Relations earlier this week to let them know that on my last two flights the curtain was either left partially open or was never closed for the whole duration of the flight.

This was their reply:

Thanks for your email about the problems you've had travelling in Club Europe with us recently. I'm sorry for the delay in my reply.

I know this isn't the first time you've contacted us about how frustrated you feel when the curtain between Euro Traveller and Club Europe isn't closed. I understand closing the curtain provides privacy and deters Euro Traveller passengers from using the facilities in Club Europe. While it's not policy to close the dividing curtain, I appreciate the benefit closing the curtain makes.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts. We appreciate your support as a Gold member of our Executive Club. I would like to reassure you we remain passionate about our airline and the service we offer our customers. We're aware you have options when it comes to booking your flights and we hope you continue to choose us.
I’m confused by the statement that it’s not policy to close the curtain?

Last edited by ringingup; Nov 27, 2018 at 2:19 am
Old Nov 25, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Perhaps it's SOP but at the discretion of the crew.

What's the concern/complaint here? Use of the forward lavatory and foot traffic?

Did you talk with the crew about this at all?
Old Nov 25, 2018, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by ringingup
I contacted Customer Relations earlier this week to let me know that on my last two flights the curtain was either left partially open or was never closed for the whole duration of the flight.

This was their reply:

If it's not policy to close the curtain, why have one to start with. They could have one of those short bits of magnetic rope some of the US airlines use.
lhrpete likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 9:27 am

The curtain appears more important to BA than allowing those in the first row of Y behind the curtain to watch the safety video. With the curtains open, unless they're very tightly bunched up which is a rarity, window seat passengers in that first row can't typically see the screen.

On topic: I don't recall any fights that I've been on (BSL-LHR) where the curtain was left open.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 9:31 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
I can think of many things to write to CR about. The curtain open, closed or entirely missing is not one of them!
Old Nov 25, 2018, 9:34 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Over the last 2 weeks I have done around half a dozen short haul flights and the curtain between CE/ET has been used and drawn during the flight. It doesn’t seem to be the case any policy has changed at BA recently. I think this is the kind of issue which is best addressed on the flight by speaking to the CSM/CSD/purser.
Often1 likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 9:36 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by ringingup
I contacted Customer Relations earlier this week to let me know that on my last two flights the curtain was either left partially open or was never closed for the whole duration of the flight.

This was their reply:

Just for clarification, was your complaint tabled from the position of the curtain being in front of you, or behind you ?

Originally Posted by Customer Relations
I know this isn't the first time you've contacted us about how frustrated you feel when the curtain between Euro Traveller and Club Europe isn't closed.
How many times have you contacted CR about how frustrated you feel when the curtain between Euro Traveller and Club Europe isn't closed ?

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Nov 25, 2018 at 10:52 am
Old Nov 25, 2018, 9:38 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If it was important to OP, it should have been raised to the relevant cabin crew on the spot and thus rectified (or not). Complaining after the fact about simple issues which are easily resolved on the spot serves little purpose.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by Often1
If it was important to OP, it should have been raised to the relevant cabin crew on the spot and thus rectified (or not). Complaining after the fact about simple issues which are easily resolved on the spot serves little purpose.
But thar isn't the question in the OP which is whether indeed it is policy not to close the curtain.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Why instal it and not use it? It helps avoid the queue of forward lavatory users away from my feet in 1C, and perhaps more importantly the Galley.

I was told on our recent Titan substitution that BA woukdn’t pay the £20k or so to instal the curtain, so in that open-plan environment I had people from ‘wherever’ at my feet all the bloody time.

On AA I think they shoot people who try to pass through the net curtain separating the Classes
[OK, bad joke, but they’re very strict!]
Sealink and rockflyertalk like this.

Last edited by T8191; Nov 25, 2018 at 11:02 am
Old Nov 25, 2018, 10:56 am
Suspended

If they are saying ‘separate cabin’ then separate it.
nivsy, T8191, Dover2Golf and 3 others like this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 11:01 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by T8191
Why instal it and not use it? It helps avoid the queue of forward lavatory users away from my feet in 1C, and perhaps more importantly the Galley.

I was told on our recent Titan substitution that BA woukdn’t pay the £20k or so to instal the curtain, so in that open-plan environment I had people from ‘wherever’ at my feet all the bloody time.

On AA I think they shoot people who try to pass through the new curtain separating the Classes [OK, bad joke, but they’re very strict!]
£20k per plane??
Old Nov 25, 2018, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by BOH
£20k per plane??
That’s what the Titan CC member (a particularly good and engaging crew) told me when I questioned the lack of curtain. I can say no more than that.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 11:09 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
I paid extra recently to upgrade to CE as I knew I was gonna be pooped after connecting off as trans continental flight. I sat in row 1 intending to get some kip but what with the BOB blocking the aisle and the lack of curtain I was bothered pretty much the whole flight by kids running up & down and the lavatory queue. New age dads seem to be the biggest culprits..

I complained to the CSM who shrugged her shoulders.
T8191 and masmadrid like this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 11:16 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by BOH
£20k per plane??
Everything on aeroplanes tends to be very expensive so I would not be at all surprised.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.