Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CE curtains and Customer Relations reply

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2018, 4:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
It's not high on my ever growing grumpy middle aged list of things that I might want to complain about, but if it encourages footfall into the CE cabin by ET pax looking for the toilet then it is somewhat annoying. There are plenty of ET pax that come through even when the curtain is drawn, but I imagine that the number is higher when the curtain is not drawn. In my experience the curtain is almost always drawn, although I've been on a couple of flights where it wasn't.
LTN Phobia likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 9:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Grande Annee
I would have thought that the curtain should be closed. I don’t want the ET passengers counting how many glasses of champagne I have......they would only get jealous
I think most of us sitting just behind the curtain (and therefore in a position to see what you're drinking) are well aware that you've paid a couple of hundred euros more than we have for a glass or two of champagne, a €10 meal and no legroom.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 1:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Misco60
I think most of us .....................are well aware that you've paid a couple of hundred euros more than we have for a glass or two of champagne, a €10 meal and no legroom.
I really must take issue with your figures here.

It’s extremely doubtful that any meal ever served in the glamorous confines of the CE ‘cabin’ could be deemed to have a value of €10. Closer to €5 perhaps.
smokie36 likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 6:43 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by ringingup
  1. I never wrote to CR before about the curtain. I don't know where they got that from. I didn't even pay much attention to that statement, as it's not the first time the CR replies refer to incorrect facts or include incorrect statements and information.
  2. I did not write to complain but simply to give feedback and ask whether there was a specific policy on the issue.
I really wish people here were not always so quick at judging, making assumptions and elevating themselves above others.
Thanks for the clarification. If you read the wording of the OP again, it kinda comes across as "I am a serial curtain-closure-complainer". Now we've established that this statement is a Customer-Relations fabrication (a material fact that, in hindsight, would have been worth highlighting), then that changes tings somewhat. I'd be pretty narked if Customer Relations sent me something like this.
ajamieson and adrianlondon like this.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by T8191
That’s what the Titan CC member (a particularly good and engaging crew) told me when I questioned the lack of curtain. I can say no more than that.
I'm starting up a company purely to fit seperation curtains on BA planes now, this time next year Rodney well be Millionaires! 😃
adrianlondon, Sealink and T8191 like this.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 6:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Sixt Gold
lol

I bet at BA customer service centres they have a wall full of the most ridicolous complaints ever received. This would certainly make it there.
ajamieson and Sealink like this.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 7:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ilcannone
Someone ACTUALLY complained whether curtains were opened or closed or otherwise? Seriously though?

This forum simply never ceases to amaze me with how incredulous some complaints on here are. It seems to me that this is one of the last things that can possibly have any effect on anyone's flying experience.

*major facepalm*
The same open or shut complaint has appeared on here at least once a year ever since I joined FT. At least Alex can't be blamed for them all.
Sealink and T8191 like this.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 7:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by bigwalrus
I was sat in row 6 (ET) a few weeks ago. Curtain was drawn, but it sadly doesn't cover the gaps between the chairs. I was subjected to the sickening sight of a slightly tipsy couple feeding each other their CE meal from across the middle table.

Once done, they reached out to the middle of the dividing table and held hands, leaning over for a kiss every 2-3 minutes. Thankfully, the noise of clattering cutlery and the engines was enough to drown out the sound of the kissing.

Note to self - sit further back next time.

Note to BA - ditch the curtain, let's make it a solid wall!
All the more reason that the seating algorithms ensure that couples are separated.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by kanderson1965

All the more reason that the seating algorithms ensure that couples are separated.
NOOOOOOOO! I love my wife still, after 38 years ... although she feeds herself and always has done. But we do hold hands, either in CE (across the tray table) or in CW (across the divider). On AA l/h we take the single window seats, and accept the lack of physical contact for the few hours it lasts.

But public face-eating? No Way!
Old Nov 26, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Was on an AA flight just behind the curtain when someone staggered up from back in economy and passed through to the business toilet. Clearly smelled like they had already soiled themselves. Poor guy got some horrible stares, must have had a stomach bug or something as he didn't smell like he'd been drinking. There again, would not have been able to have smelt alcohol over that whiff.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
On a AMS - LGW this afternoon and the CSM was doing the demo for CE then went to row 4 and repeated the actions again

i only noticed because they usually just stand in the aisle at Row 1 and don’t move but this was for everything from location of doors right through to life belt.

they certainly didn’t do it that way on the outbound last week as there was a CC at row 4

Old Nov 26, 2018, 9:19 am
amt

Programs: BA GGL & CCR
A few points...

1. If an open curtain annoyed me, I’d either close it myself or request that it be closed.

2. I would guess that the $20k to install a curtain includes the lost opportunity cost of taking the plane out of service.

3. AA recently responded to complaint tweets of passengers using the First class lavatory with a bold statement ‘The First Class* bathrooms can be used by everyone on the plane when you’re flying domestically’

*one might question why they see fit to refer to it as the First class bathroom, if that was the case.

4. Are you for real?
Old Nov 26, 2018, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by T8191
Why instal it and not use it? It helps avoid the queue of forward lavatory users away from my feet in 1C, and perhaps more importantly the Galley.

I was told on our recent Titan substitution that BA woukdn’t pay the £20k or so to instal the curtain, so in that open-plan environment I had people from ‘wherever’ at my feet all the bloody time.

On AA I think they shoot people who try to pass through the net curtain separating the Classes
[OK, bad joke, but they’re very strict!]
It is AA policy to let everyone on the plane to use any lavatory they wish on any domestic or our of the us international flight. On the flights to the USA you have to stay in your cabin and not allowed to walk to business or first.
T8191 likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 11:36 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ringingup
  1. I never wrote to CR before about the curtain. I don't know where they got that from. I didn't even pay much attention to that statement, as it's not the first time the CR replies refer to incorrect facts or include incorrect statements and information.
  2. I did not write to complain but simply to give feedback and ask whether there was a specific policy on the issue.
I really wish people here were not always so quick at judging, making assumptions and elevating themselves above others.

I'm very confused as your OP indicates the opposite.
I contacted Customer Relations earlier this week to let me know that on my last two flights the curtain was either left partially open or was never closed for the whole duration of the flight.

I’m confused by the statement that it’s not policy to close the curtain?
Old Nov 27, 2018, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by frandrake
lol

I bet at BA customer service centres they have a wall full of the most ridicolous complaints ever received. This would certainly make it there.
I imagine on FT we could do likewise with the most ridiculous CS replies and 'policy not to close the curtain' would be up there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.