Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CE curtains and Customer Relations reply

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: Qatar, Turkish, Aeroflot
Someone ACTUALLY complained whether curtains were opened or closed or otherwise? Seriously though?

This forum simply never ceases to amaze me with how incredulous some complaints on here are. It seems to me that this is one of the last things that can possibly have any effect on anyone's flying experience.

*major facepalm*
Annalisa12 likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 11:57 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
I complained to the CSM who shrugged her shoulders.
Maybe she was thinking to herself "People who don't want to be disturbed by passing crew, clanking crockery, BOB trolleys, dispatchers and waiting-for-bog loiterers really shouldn't put themselves in 1C."
ajamieson and T8191 like this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
  1. I never wrote to CR before about the curtain. I don't know where they got that from. I didn't even pay much attention to that statement, as it's not the first time the CR replies refer to incorrect facts or include incorrect statements and information.
  2. I did not write to complain but simply to give feedback and ask whether there was a specific policy on the issue.
I really wish people here were not always so quick at judging, making assumptions and elevating themselves above others.
NoY, SW7London, expatboy and 2 others like this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 12:11 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club and OnBusiness
I let my neighbour know beyond the hill;
And on a day we meet to walk the line
And set the wall between us once again.
We keep the wall between us as we go.
Good curtains make good neighbours
T8191 likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 12:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by T8191
On AA I think they shoot people who try to pass through the net curtain separating the Classes
[OK, bad joke, but they’re very strict!]
No it isn't - on domestic flights, there is no issue with economy passengers passing through the front cabin to use the toilets
Old Nov 25, 2018, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by binman
I can think of many things to write to CR about. The curtain open, closed or entirely missing is not one of them!
agree
Old Nov 25, 2018, 12:42 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by binman
I can think of many things to write to CR about. The curtain open, closed or entirely missing is not one of them!
I don't think I'd even take enough notice to remember after the flight.

Even when the curtains are closed, there is a steady stream of people coming from the ET to use the forward loo and often forming a queue down the aisle in CE anyway, so I don't think the curtains do much, although since they are there to be closed, they should really be closed. It might just reduce the flow of people into the CE cabin if it is closed too, although it in no way seems to stop the flow.

I remember MA (RIP) used to have a sign on the curtains to the effect that no entry was permitted into the business class except in an emergency. That used to be very effective and I had not seen anyone venturing through the curtains (except of course the crew members).

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Nov 25, 2018 at 5:37 pm
Old Nov 25, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
I would have thought that the curtain should be closed. I don’t want the ET passengers counting how many glasses of champagne I have......they would only get jealous
Old Nov 25, 2018, 1:09 pm

Programs: All the usual suspects
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
No it isn't - on domestic flights, there is no issue with economy passengers passing through the front cabin to use the toilets
My experience as well. just flown to KOA from LAX on AA and the curtain was pretty much ignored. However I think on international flights they are a little more rigid in their enforcement
Old Nov 25, 2018, 1:24 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF Bronze, VA Red
Originally Posted by ringingup
I really wish people here were not always so quick at judging, making assumptions and elevating themselves above others.
You mean like, by commenting to an airline about a curtain separating them from people who paid less for their tickets?
rickg523 and Row9 like this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 1:40 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
To be fair if you don’t want people to make assumptions about your post, you can always put the details into the post.

Personally, my concern about a curtain isn’t up there, but if yours is and you wanted to spend time asking BA if it has a policy, that’s up to you; a CC is more likely to be able to tell you if there is a policy than someone sat in an office replying to comments and complaints.

I originally thought their policy comment was a bit starnge, but if your specifically asked if there was a policy, it now makes sense.

i suspect there is an SOP to close the curtain but CC may have it open or partially open for all kinds of operational, communication and supervision reasons if I hazard a guess.
flygirl68 likes this.

Last edited by navylad; Nov 25, 2018 at 2:16 pm
Old Nov 25, 2018, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by ilcannone
Someone ACTUALLY complained whether curtains were opened or closed or otherwise? Seriously though?

This forum simply never ceases to amaze me with how incredulous some complaints on here are. It seems to me that this is one of the last things that can possibly have any effect on anyone's flying experience.

*major facepalm*
Hi, Major Facepalm, and welcome to BAFT!

Please envisage a 10-hour sector in CW, in a 777 aisle seat, just in front of the curtain., on a Caribbean route. Then have an endless procession of WT+ and WT passengers past your seat for those 10 hours (“The nearest toilet may be behind you”), some of whom have less accurate toilet habits than is desirable. One develops a deep desire for a fastened curtain, I assure you.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 1:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I was sat in row 6 (ET) a few weeks ago. Curtain was drawn, but it sadly doesn't cover the gaps between the chairs. I was subjected to the sickening sight of a slightly tipsy couple feeding each other their CE meal from across the middle table.

Once done, they reached out to the middle of the dividing table and held hands, leaning over for a kiss every 2-3 minutes. Thankfully, the noise of clattering cutlery and the engines was enough to drown out the sound of the kissing.

Note to self - sit further back next time.

Note to BA - ditch the curtain, let's make it a solid wall!
mccartje likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
No romance in your soul, then!
Old Nov 25, 2018, 2:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by T8191
No romance in your soul, then!
When I think of romance, being spoonfed scrambled egg isn't the first thing that comes to mind!
LTN Phobia and T8191 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.