Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Entering Known Traveler # on BA (TSA PRECHECK)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Entering Known Traveler # on BA (TSA PRECHECK)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2018, 5:00 pm

Programs: BA, Marriott, Starwood, Hyatt
Yes it appeared on my BA mobile boarding pass yesterday too.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 1:59 pm

Programs: Lifetime Marriott Titanium Elite, Formerly UA 1K and Hertz President's Circle
FWIW, I can't find where to add the KTN. Google searches turn up conflicting information that you can or can't, where it is to be found or isn't. Yesterday a BA agent told me I needed to speak with the Holidays Team as I booked a package. They were closed and I called back this morning. The agent never heard of this. I hung up and called back. The second agent said there isn't anyplace to add it. He confirmed with a "liaison" there isn't anyplace to add it. I hung up and called back again... got an incorrect recoding that said the offices were closed and try back tomorrow. Pressed redial and have just spoken with an agent that knew exactly what I was talking about. He read back my number and that of my wife's. Apparently I provided them when I booked the flight. It just isn't displayed to the customer. I asked why, and the agent said it was something to do with U.S. Customs and didn't know anything more. I told him how he's the first agent I spoke with that knew what he was talking about - thank you!!

The moral of the story is make sure to provide it at booking, and if you don't see it on the reservation anywhere, keep calling until you get someone that knows what they're talking about. Or just cross your fingers and hope your boarding pass has pre-check printed on it. ;-) At this point I'm optimistic ours will.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 7:33 pm

Programs: Confirmed
Originally Posted by jk156
I've been able to add my KTN at airport check-in in the US. I'd only been issued the number a day beforehand (completing Global Entry enrolment on arrival at JFK) and an AA agent was able to add it to the return leg of my BA-ticketed itinerary. AA at least were then able to check it in real time and issue me with a TSA Pre BP.
BA at T7 also added my KTN because my apple wallet pass doesn’t show it. The agent reissued a boarding pass and the paper and digital ones both show TSAcheck.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 7:36 pm

Programs: Confirmed
Old Dec 30, 2021, 6:53 am

TSE PRE on BP inbound to US

Hello, and sorry to dig up such an old thread.

I recently gained membership of Global Entry and Pre Check, and was able to use Pre Check for the first time a couple of weeks ago departing IAH. Everything worked as expected as far as entering the KTN and at security screening. I was a bit surprised to see “TSA PRE” on the boarding passes (paper and mobile) for my LHR-IAH flight yesterday, though. Does anyone know what purpose, if any, this serves on international flights to the US?
Old Dec 30, 2021, 8:24 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ABZSimy
Hello, and sorry to dig up such an old thread.

I recently gained membership of Global Entry and Pre Check, and was able to use Pre Check for the first time a couple of weeks ago departing IAH. Everything worked as expected as far as entering the KTN and at security screening. I was a bit surprised to see “TSA PRE” on the boarding passes (paper and mobile) for my LHR-IAH flight yesterday, though. Does anyone know what purpose, if any, this serves on international flights to the US?
It doesn't mean anything UK-US - I guess it's just for consistency....
ABZSimy likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 9:21 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CKBA
It doesn't mean anything UK-US - I guess it's just for consistency....
more like shoddy IT that they cannot have two streams of boarding passes where it would not show when not applicable -- as in every flight originating outside of the US.
ABZSimy likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 1:55 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It is there because Pre-Check is trip not sector related and so you may have had a domestic connection onwards from IAH on the same reservation. AA at T3 tend to spare Pre-Check people any of the usual security-led questions pre flight.
MaxFlyer and ABZSimy like this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 2:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
There was a man (we'll call him Chad to withhold his nationality) kicking off at T5 security a few weeks ago because he thought he was TSA PreCheck and he had the hump about having to take his laptop out the bag. Caused quite the scene - and judging by the response of the LHR security agent they must get that quite a lot.
VSLover, ABZSimy and RichieMc like this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It is there because Pre-Check is trip not sector related and so you may have had a domestic connection onwards from IAH on the same reservation. AA at T3 tend to spare Pre-Check people any of the usual security-led questions pre flight.
Thanks. This makes sense to some extent, but then why wouldn’t it be printed on all boarding passes within the reservation on that basis? In my case, TSA PRE was printed on my IAH-LHR and LHR-IAH passes, but not on my LHR-ABZ or ABZ-LHR ones. Does it only get included only on boarding passes that include a US city?

If you have a connection on the same reservation after arriving in the US, surely it’s the boarding pass for the connecting flight that is the important one, which should have pre check indicated on it in any case? Just trying to understand how you would use your LHR-US BP during a US domestic connection, after that international segment was flown.

Sorry for all the questions, still learning all these ins and outs.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 3:12 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ABZSimy
If you have a connection on the same reservation after arriving in the US, surely it’s the boarding pass for the connecting flight that is the important one, which should have pre check indicated on it in any case? Just trying to understand how you would use your LHR-US BP during a US domestic connection, after that international segment was flown.
Your expectation that this has been carefully thought out and with IT to match is quite interesting. If there is a USA city on your boarding card you get the pre-check, if eligible and that would have also been printed on the BA issued boarding pass from say IAH to AUS. In addition some BA codeshare routes involve TSA security via pre-clearance, for example DUB.
ABZSimy and VSLover like this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 4:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Your expectation that this has been carefully thought out and with IT to match is quite interesting. If there is a USA city on your boarding card you get the pre-check, if eligible and that would have also been printed on the BA issued boarding pass from say IAH to AUS. In addition some BA codeshare routes involve TSA security via pre-clearance, for example DUB.
it does not matter if you have an ongoing domestic US flight either. it just is you are landing in the US. it is meaningless but hey, im just happy it finally registers!
Old Dec 31, 2021, 2:54 am

We had yet another Covid cop out recently when flying back from ORD. We were grumpily advised by the person supervising the security line entrance that TSA Pre is suspended due to Covid! The border security agent wrote SSSS on our boarding passes which apparently meant that we could keep our shoes on but the person doing the scanning was shouting hat everyone had to remove all electrical items including e-readers and phones and all shoes to be removed and we couldn’t be bothered to argue the point.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 5:22 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Definitas
We had yet another Covid cop out recently when flying back from ORD. We were grumpily advised by the person supervising the security line entrance that TSA Pre is suspended due to Covid! The border security agent wrote SSSS on our boarding passes which apparently meant that we could keep our shoes on but the person doing the scanning was shouting hat everyone had to remove all electrical items including e-readers and phones and all shoes to be removed and we couldn’t be bothered to argue the point.
SSSS is for an enhanced security check
Old Apr 2, 2024, 5:47 pm

Lightbulb My Experience: Tad Trickier in 2024

I found that if you...
  1. log into your account on ba.com then
  2. click on your name (upper right area),
  3. select the dropdown menu "My bookings" then
  4. select "My upcoming flights" then for a specific flight
  5. click on "Manage My Booking" then look for the section Passenger details where you'll find your name with a greater than sign: >
  6. click on Your Name there, which displays the Add Advance Passenger Information page: sadly, I had nice screen shot that would have shown you exactly what this looked like, but as a new user am prevented from showing it. In that list is the Known Travel Number
  7. click on "View or change details"
You should be able to add the number on that screen (don't forget to save your changes).
I'm not sure if the number is only added to that flight specifically or adds to your account.
LCSinTexas likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.