Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tallinn Dropped

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2018, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Tallinn Dropped

I've just been notified by BA that my flights booked to Tallinn for next year have been cancelled.

It seems from playing about with their system that the direct route is dropped from Summer 19.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
That'll teach 'em.

We want 80 TPs !!
Old Nov 1, 2018, 8:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by bhbloke
That'll teach 'em.

We want 80 TPs !!

In all seriousness though, the flight times aren't very conducive to leisure travel. I arrived annoyingly late at night and came back via HEL when I had a weekend trip there.
Cymro likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 9:03 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
If that means the good Ole tp run prices come back.. Please.. Nice sauna in Helsinki and Tallinn is a great city for a get away..
Old Nov 1, 2018, 9:05 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
If that means the good Ole tp run prices come back.. Please.. Nice sauna in Helsinki and Tallinn is a great city for a get away..
My thoughts exactly, happy to have a short pit stop in Helsinki
Isochronous and Vasco Pridat like this.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
I didn't think anybody on FT cared about the direct flights, at least when compared to the TP run via HEL...
Markie and Unionruler like this.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 9:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Damn, was thinking of a three day getaway on Avios in June.
florens likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 9:17 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by craigthemif
I didn't think anybody on FT cared about the direct flights, at least when compared to the TP run via HEL...
I have a few direct flights, and have a few more coming up, the timings actually suit me, though I suspect few others. But where the direct flights sometimes work is for exEU trips to Asia, some pricing is attractive.

I am actually a bit surprised this route is being dropped since the loads on it have been reasonably healthy when I have flown on these flights. I guess, however, they had to do that on give-away low yield fares, and the timings meant they couldn't get much USA-TLL trade, or such that exists.
florens and mike&co like this.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 9:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Well, I haven't been there since Finnair stopped doing the £232 or so flights. Could even put up with sub-zero temps in December for that price.
Missing the oversized suite I kept getting at the Hilton.
Outside of business purposes, once you've done the Old Town and a couple of things such as the KGB museum, unless you're catching a ferry to Helsinki, cruise ship or venturing into the country, there's not really enough there to justify flights of something like £605.21 return this December for example.
Don't really fancy flying BA on a bog standard plane and there's better value out there than what AY are charging now. Are they still doing the A350 or have they dropped that?

I did like the HEL lounges. Some really nice food especially in the standard ones rather than the business one.
Definitely don't have a selection of glassware from there.
Markie, ID90_J and Vasco Pridat like this.

Last edited by xenole; Nov 1, 2018 at 9:34 am
Old Nov 1, 2018, 9:34 am

Whenever I see Tallinn mentioned it reminds me of that droney guy on the radio programme about frequent flyers who spent his weekend travelling from Helsinki to Tallinn to Helsinki to [fade to grey.....]
Old Nov 1, 2018, 9:35 am

Programs: BAEC
Really disappointing to see another route suspension from BA and imho quite an interesting route which I had on my future radar.

So BA have now suspended LHR-BIO, MAH, MJV, TLL and TRN and have converted PMI and PMO to seasonal services. This is in addition to the axing of PSA, VLC and BCN from LGW. It seems BA are scaling back their short haul route network.
florens likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by BAeuro
So BA have now suspended LHR-BIO, MAH, MJV, TLL and TRN and have converted PMI and PMO to seasonal services. This is in addition to the axing of PSA, VLC and BCN from LGW. It seems BA are scaling back their short haul route network.
That's a very misleading way of putting it, given that most of those changes are simply swaps of service between LGW and LHR. They have also added new shorthaul routes too.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 9:52 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
That's a very misleading way of putting it, given that most of those changes are simply swaps of service between LGW and LHR. They have also added new shorthaul routes too.
I suppose you’re right, it just seems a lot when you consider all the recent changes. Maybe I’m just pessimistic
Old Nov 1, 2018, 10:29 am

Programs: BA Gold
Helsinki flights will be cut down to one daily and now Tallinn will be suspended. BA obviously does not consider this (far away) north east corner of Europe a very lucrative market.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 11:23 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
To be fair, I'd much rather do my TP runs to MLA, RAK or CTA and enjoy some sunshine, than fly for 3 hours to spend the weekend in the cold, wet Nordics.

Nobody actually flies to TLL or HEL for the destination, do they?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.