Wiki Posts
Search

Tallinn Dropped

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2018, 9:07 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by RollAnotherFatOne
makes sense, no real demand. doubt they were making much. this region has been struggling economically and politically with the russian advances.
Estonian economy is not struggling but growing.
lhrpete likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 9:10 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
Originally Posted by RollAnotherFatOne
makes sense, no real demand. doubt they were making much. this region has been struggling economically and politically with the russian advances.
Err, Tallin is booming!
sahajesh and florens like this.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 9:14 am

Programs: BA, JAL
Originally Posted by lhrpete
Err, Tallin is booming!
But it's very superficial. It's growing because there wasn't much to start off with and it's like me saying the Irish economy is booming - well, yes it is, but that's only because it's underwritten by larger more meaningful economies. If it were dissected and looked at alone, in any disaster, it would be the first to fall over spectacularly.
In that region, many countries are not by themselves self-sustaining, so any growth is not driven by true industry. Of course, just my opinion. I appreciate the information you have shared as I am no knowledge on eastern europe.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
GDP has grown every year since 2009, it grew at 4.9% in 2017 and has ben growing around 3.7% each quarter so far this year

Unemployment has fallen every year since 2010 and was at 5.8% in 2017

I would not say it was "struggling economically"

I accept its starting from a lower base and should the European economy go into recession it MAYbe hit harder
lhrpete likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 1:45 pm

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by flyslow
Considering flying BA to ARN and Nordica to TLL though, they have some reasonable prices.
I think they have an agreement but it might be worth looking at Nordica as well.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 2:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
If ypu are considering LOT Nordica then there ae various options through warsaw

If you want ow then to helsinki and onto finnair Norra
Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:37 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
If ypu are considering LOT Nordica then there ae various options through warsaw

If you want ow then to helsinki and onto finnair Norra
BA and Nordica have a fare agreement as well so certain routings may be possible that way as well.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:46 am

Thanks

Sitting in the lounge in Tallinn at the moment. Only BA flight numbers are on the AY flights.

As someone who is frequently in tallinn, if you have a link to some of the joint fares it would be great to see them and info on any tier points that are awarded.
salut0 likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 8:30 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
Thanks

Sitting in the lounge in Tallinn at the moment. Only BA flight numbers are on the AY flights.

As someone who is frequently in tallinn, if you have a link to some of the joint fares it would be great to see them and info on any tier points that are awarded.
There is still AY with plenty of flights. I haven't seen BA codeshares on any Nordica flights. Maybe iLied can elaborate?
Dover2Golf likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 1:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Bumping this old thread to say that I had an excellent time recently in TLL but didn’t know that BA used to fly there. The airport is charming and small, and they even have an outdoor roof terrace off the lounge. Enjoyed the ATR72 flights on AY from HEL and connecting in HEL airport is always a pleasure, although the TLL flight left from a low numbered gate very far from the rest of the airport so it was a long walk.
EDDLEGLL likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2023, 5:49 am

Also in TLL atm, waiting for delayed BT flight. Noticed on the departure board an O2 flight to BZZ, must be some troop movement.
Old Sep 9, 2023, 6:03 am

Yes, last time I was in TLL I saw a RAF A330.

It’s a surprisingly hard and expensive place to get to — seen Ryanair at over £350 one way.
Old Sep 9, 2023, 6:29 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Very inexpensive flights from Luton on Wizz.
Old Sep 9, 2023, 7:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Not too long ago since we were revelling in the £232 Club return via HEL for a cool 200 tier points and Finnair flat bed to boot.

If the nonstops (that were irregular anyway) are going away, maybe time to revisit the AY options?
Old Sep 9, 2023, 7:09 am

Cheapest AY J return seems to be £585, not very cost effective for TPs.
Direct flights are still available with BT, FR and W6. BA will start flying to RIX in October, but I haven't checked the prices. RIX to Tallinn is not very long coach ride and is also drivable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.