Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ex-US Fuel Surcharges for F up 50%

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2019, 6:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by beachfan
Some folks are surprised, but the only really new thing is differences between J&F. From 7 years ago:
Fuel surcharge FAR higher on 2 one-ways vs return!

To see even bigger numbers, look at LAX_LHR-BOM or other similar routings. If it's the same as back then, the YQ was based on LHR-xx or xx-LHR and was additive by LHR segment. So what's the Max YQ now on a real route? LAX-LHR-BOM I'm guessing is close to $4k.
The YQ on US to India in business or 1st class is , as I posted $500 , which is less than the surcharges for US-UK , so it cannot be additive. If it was , then the UK-India surcharge of $176 would be added to the $600/$800 US-UK supplement for a total of $976/$1176 one way

2 x one ways of US-India would be $500 + $186 for a total of $686 in business or 1st class ( less than the one way surcharge for 1st class from US-UK )

There is variation between business and 1st surcharges on some routes, not all
Dambus likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by beachfan
To see even bigger numbers, look at LAX_LHR-BOM or other similar routings. If it's the same as back then, the YQ was based on LHR-xx or xx-LHR and was additive by LHR segment. So what's the Max YQ now on a real route? LAX-LHR-BOM I'm guessing is close to $4k.
For the entire round-trip, LAX-LHR-BOM-LHR-LAX in:-
World Traveller: $550.00
World Traveller Plus: $550.00
Club World: $1,000.00
First: $1,000.00
KARFA likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 7:48 pm

For ex-US redemptions with BA (obviously connecting via LON), are there known regions/airports where the YQ is lower than just going to LON?

I am trying to use a Chase 241 productively, and the $200 rebate barely dents the $3,103.38 taxes/fees for two people for JFK-LHR in CW.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 10:55 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Wow. That USD 1,550 per person in taxes and fees alone exceeds the entire CW ticket cost of what can be achieved when flying that trip the other way around starting ex-EU or INV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.