Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Flying Start GGL reception in Science Museum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2018, 2:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL, currently GGL
Flying Start GGL reception in Science Museum 15Nov88

Just received an invite. Anyone here going?

Last edited by furryman; Oct 12, 2018 at 6:03 am Reason: Added date to title
Old Oct 4, 2018, 3:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Cringe. Maybe they'll make all the attendees watch those onboard promo videos with the crew wandering around slums in their full uniform whilst the event participants drink champagne and pretend they're saving the world with the humanitarian and caring organisation that is BA.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 3:16 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
Originally Posted by Schwann
Cringe. Maybe they'll make all the attendees watch those onboard promo videos with the crew wandering around slums in their full uniform whilst the event participants drink champagne and pretend they're saving the world with the humanitarian and caring organisation that is BA.
Whether it is gaining status, or attending such events, don't we do it (at least partially) for the free champagne after all?
frandrake likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 8:46 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Still doing more than nothing.
stewaran likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 5:17 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I got an invite to this, and will likely be going.

M
Old Oct 11, 2018, 7:17 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Flying Start Reception

Is anyone else going to the Flying Start reception, in celebration of £20m raised by BA for Comic Relief on the 15th November?
Old Oct 11, 2018, 7:24 am

Duplicate thread? Doesn't have the date in the other thread..
Old Oct 11, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Many apologies I didn’t see that thread despite a search, mods feel free to combine.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: BA Gold
Let's see, £20m raised where perhaps 200 long haul segments flown per day, over the 8 years since 2010, that's about 34 quid per segment or about 10p per pax.

So... I'll kick in 10p per flight to never see it again if everyone else will?

(usual disclaimer that I'm very happy to give money to charity and regularly do so, but not in response to attempts to leverage a very tired captive audience after a long flight).
Old Oct 11, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: BA Gold
More often than not I chip-in, mostly with $1 bills that I collect over time - coins are way too heavy (and after one embarrassing incident, not worth the hassle!). It is I suppose a bit of a love-hate relationship - sometimes the cabin crew will actively come through the cabin, other times I have to hand in the envelope on my way out... .
Old Oct 11, 2018, 11:59 am

Programs: BAEC
They said they were collecting for the Indonesian Earthquake and the DEC appeal today back from DXB.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 12:41 pm

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
I'll come along to this.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 1:05 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Castelnau?
Old Oct 11, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Is that one of the November events?
Old Oct 11, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by plunet
They said they were collecting for the Indonesian Earthquake and the DEC appeal today back from DXB.
And on SIN-SYD just now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.