FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Flying Start GGL reception in Science Museum (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1933834-flying-start-ggl-reception-science-museum.html)

furryman Oct 4, 2018 2:05 am

Flying Start GGL reception in Science Museum 15Nov88

Just received an invite. Anyone here going?

Schwann Oct 4, 2018 3:13 am

Cringe. Maybe they'll make all the attendees watch those onboard promo videos with the crew wandering around slums in their full uniform whilst the event participants drink champagne and pretend they're saving the world with the humanitarian and caring organisation that is BA.

thebigben Oct 4, 2018 3:16 am

Originally Posted by Schwann (Post 30277341)
Cringe. Maybe they'll make all the attendees watch those onboard promo videos with the crew wandering around slums in their full uniform whilst the event participants drink champagne and pretend they're saving the world with the humanitarian and caring organisation that is BA.

Whether it is gaining status, or attending such events, don't we do it (at least partially) for the free champagne after all? ;)

Sealink Oct 4, 2018 8:46 am

Still doing more than nothing.

msm2000uk Oct 9, 2018 5:17 am

I got an invite to this, and will likely be going.

M

navylad Oct 11, 2018 7:17 am

Flying Start Reception

Is anyone else going to the Flying Start reception, in celebration of £20m raised by BA for Comic Relief on the 15th November?

lavajava Oct 11, 2018 7:24 am

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ce-museum.html

Duplicate thread? Doesn't have the date in the other thread..

navylad Oct 11, 2018 8:34 am

Many apologies I didn’t see that thread despite a search, mods feel free to combine.

technical_bob Oct 11, 2018 11:50 am

Let's see, £20m raised where perhaps 200 long haul segments flown per day, over the 8 years since 2010, that's about 34 quid per segment or about 10p per pax.

So... I'll kick in 10p per flight to never see it again if everyone else will?

(usual disclaimer that I'm very happy to give money to charity and regularly do so, but not in response to attempts to leverage a very tired captive audience after a long flight).

CKBA Oct 11, 2018 11:55 am

More often than not I chip-in, mostly with $1 bills that I collect over time - coins are way too heavy (and after one embarrassing incident, not worth the hassle!). It is I suppose a bit of a love-hate relationship - sometimes the cabin crew will actively come through the cabin, other times I have to hand in the envelope on my way out... .

plunet Oct 11, 2018 11:59 am

They said they were collecting for the Indonesian Earthquake and the DEC appeal today back from DXB.

Woodbinerich Oct 11, 2018 12:41 pm

I'll come along to this.

jackcarr Oct 11, 2018 1:05 pm

Castelnau?

Vasco Pridat Oct 11, 2018 1:11 pm

Is that one of the November events?

TravellerFrequently Oct 11, 2018 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by plunet (Post 30304329)
They said they were collecting for the Indonesian Earthquake and the DEC appeal today back from DXB.

And on SIN-SYD just now.