Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Flying Start GGL reception in Science Museum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Start GGL reception in Science Museum

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:11 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling

Ah shame FM, we could have ended up meeting at a non-BA event!
Another time...

Work plans have now changed, so I'm good for tennis this weekend, but a last minute Sao Paulo trip has thrown a spanner into the works of next week's BA sponsored rugby jaunt
Old Nov 17, 2018, 2:02 am

Programs: BAEC GGL CCR (Gold for Life), AA EXP, HH Diamond, SPG Platinun
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Quite an entertaining event last night, notably with the comedian Russell Kane insulting 'Geoffrey the Gold cardholder'. It was genuinely funny, and sounded like he'd been reading the DYKWIA thread!

Aamon Holmes led the speeches, with Alex Cruz, Emma Freud (hilarious woman), John Bishop, and a couple of others speaking.

Nice to meet a few FTers too, rubecula, theox, and RF (not sure what your FT name was!).

The best moment of the evening? When the "Champagne Reception" ran out of champagne!

M
I may have been responsible for this....... one lad was excellent at topping up during the speeches and comedy.
Also funny that Vernon Kay was wearing a name badge.... times must be tough.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 2:21 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by BritNYC
I may have been responsible for this....... one lad was excellent at topping up during the speeches and comedy.
Also funny that Vernon Kay was wearing a name badge.... times must be tough.
I think it was a lady who was responsible...whenever I was stood near the bar, she seemed to be acting as a vessel for champagne flutes!

All the celebs had name badges, including Gary Linekar, Gabby Logan, and a few others.

M
Old Nov 17, 2018, 6:16 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Good to meet msm2000UK. I thought there was going to be one scoop, namely new First pyjamas, but it was just a “leisure suit” worn by a speaker.
It was enjoyable and a credit to BA.
msm2000uk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.