FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA Promo: Double (base) Avios (max 10 flights), 27Sep-31Dec 18, registration required (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1932745-ba-promo-double-base-avios-max-10-flights-27sep-31dec-18-registration-required.html)

UKtravelbear Sep 27, 2018 3:53 pm

This is now showing on the website. I just clicked the link and oit worked

Apologies for the registration glitch this morning, it is now resolved and all Executive Club Members are encouraged to click on “Register Now” below, to complete their registration. Any Members that have booked on 27 September 2018, and register before midnight tonight, will be eligible for double Avios. Thank you and apologies for any inconvenience.

aceman Sep 27, 2018 3:59 pm

never even got the email, but registered now thanks to the CWS version!

eugegall Sep 27, 2018 5:38 pm

Does anyone know whether this would work on a codeshare flying with American? I'm guessing not!

Blumie Sep 27, 2018 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by eugegall (Post 30254358)
Does anyone know whether this would work on a codeshare flying with American? I'm guessing not!

Both the email and the more detailed terms and conditions answer your question. This is from the email:

“This includes … British Airways flights operated by our partners, American Airlines, Iberia and Finnair when travelling between Europe and North America.”

And just to be clear, the T&Cs clarify that “Any other flights operated by any other BA franchises, codeshare partners or oneworld Alliance members will not qualify.”

RG1X Sep 28, 2018 4:19 am

Originally Posted by FlyingGarden (Post 30253656)
I can see the phishing people carefully crafting their emails now

It's always astonished me just how bad most phishing emails are. Imagine someone that had a clue started putting them together without all of the obvious mistakes (and with some much more likely looking URLs).

RABC Sep 29, 2018 8:10 am

BA Promo : Double (base) Avios for the rest of 2018, registration required

I clicked on the email link and was refused 3 times. I logged into ba.com on browser then clicked the original email link and it registered me just fine. Just booked my first flight,

Confus Sep 29, 2018 9:13 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 30251537)
2) Once you see your status and Avios amount in the top left, cut and paste this URL into the window
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...t=100000178571

OR

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...t=100000178571

I’d love to see the post-campaign-analysis when they wonder why a thousand people signed up from a single customer’s personal link!
And I’d laugh heartily if this triggered some sort of fraud flag at BA and all your accounts were closed as suspected ‘duplicates’ :p

carrotjuice Oct 8, 2018 4:23 am

Originally Posted by David buick (Post 30253865)
Did work for me and my wife, but not the kids !
16 & 15 Year old.

Same here. So non adults don’t qualify?!

flyslow Oct 8, 2018 6:39 am

Has anyone used this yet? I registered for the offer and now booked LGW-ACE return for November. MMB shows that I will earn just normal Avios. Is the bonus just added later?

ceej123 Oct 8, 2018 6:41 am

Originally Posted by flyslow (Post 30291225)
Has anyone used this yet? I registered for the offer and now booked LGW-ACE return for November. MMB shows that I will earn just normal Avios. Is the bonus just added later?

Yeah the bonus points added to my BAEC account along with the flight that i took on Friday evening this morning.

Lefly Oct 8, 2018 7:35 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 30290941)
Same here. So non adults don’t qualify?!

Nope. Only +18.

mickeyjaw Oct 8, 2018 8:14 am

Has anyone flown a multi-segment itinerary under this offer yet?

If so, did you:

A) Get no bonus for any flights
B) Only get the bonus for the first sector
C) Get the bonus for every sector
D) Something else

bmifly Oct 13, 2018 5:26 pm

Offer on AA coded flight on BA plane?

I'm confused by the promotion. I'm flying on an AA itinerary with associated AA flight codes. However two Ireland/Heathrow flights and two transatlantic flights are actually on BA planes. I'm also BA Gold and will be flying as such. Does anyone know if I will qualify for the bonus? I suspect not as I think it needs to be a BA flight with BA flight number but any clarification would be most welcome!

Thanks for any and all help.

bmifly

mickeyjaw Oct 14, 2018 4:48 am

Originally Posted by bmifly (Post 30312379)
I'm confused by the promotion. I'm flying on an AA itinerary with associated AA flight codes. However two Ireland/Heathrow flights and two transatlantic flights are actually on BA planes. I'm also BA Gold and will be flying as such. Does anyone know if I will qualify for the bonus? I suspect not as I think it needs to be a BA flight with BA flight number but any clarification would be most welcome!

Thanks for any and all help.

bmifly

Based on my reading of the rules, you have to be on BA codes to qualify:

A Qualifying Flight is either a one-way (single sector) or a return flight (two sectors) between the point of departure and final destination with no scheduled change of aircraft that must be booked after the Member has registered. Members can receive double Avios on up to 10 single sector Qualifying Flights. A Qualifying flight is (i) a BA prefix on any selling class (excluding Reward flights) or cabin on any BA operated service, or (ii) a BA prefix on a transatlantic flight operated by British Airways (BA), American Airlines (AA), Iberia (IB) or Finnair (AY) between the Europe and North America. The promotion also applies to travel on domestic flights within the UK and southern Africa (operated by Comair), Sunnair and CityFlyer. Any other flights operated by any other BA franchises, codeshare partners or oneworld Alliance members will not qualify.

ConsultanSea Oct 17, 2018 4:05 pm

Double Avios Offer - Q4 2018

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...-special-offer

News to no one I suspect - but it’s a nice one.

My question is probably very easy to answer but wanted to double check as I keep reading what sounds like contradictory information in the T&C.

I registered and have now booked return to Tokyo. Return leg is on Japan metal, BA number. Does this invalidate the whole booking for the promotion, or will I just get the double for the outbound?

Thanks muchly