FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA Promo: Double (base) Avios (max 10 flights), 27Sep-31Dec 18, registration required (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1932745-ba-promo-double-base-avios-max-10-flights-27sep-31dec-18-registration-required.html)

Filthy Monkey Nov 28, 2018 1:35 am

Originally Posted by JALOO5-Flyer (Post 30472882)
I have a travel agent booking (BA ticket number) on BA coded LAX-LHR segment. Does this qualify for the double avios promotion?

Yes, it does.

The _Banking_Scot Dec 13, 2018 1:58 pm

Hi,

Just completed 8 flights in the past week

EDI-LHR-BCN (rtn)
BCN-LHR-HKG (rtn)

All the bonus avios posted ( at base avios)

Still that was a hefty chunk of avios earned.

Regards

TBS

Vinotraveller Dec 14, 2018 2:55 am

My first 6 flights posted fine, but my last 4 have not - what is the best way to reclaim the missing points?

peter h Dec 17, 2018 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot (Post 30532322)
Hi,

Just completed 8 flights in the past week
All the bonus avios posted ( at base avios).

Regards
TBS

Me too - 6 flights the weekend before last and bonus points (at base rates!) all credited pretty quickly.

SinoBritAsia Dec 18, 2018 1:03 am

I did KUL-LHR-MIA on BA in Premium Economy two weeks ago, posted Avios fairly fast. 66,000 Avios for 1,600 GBP.

squawk Dec 18, 2018 1:10 am

My bonus from a short haul trip in Europe over the weekend (our Friday, returning Sunday) posted quickly - the outbound was visible on Sunday, the return this morning.

barneyb Dec 19, 2018 2:28 am

Flew to GLA the other week and the double base points still haven't posted. I did POUG the booking - would this flight still be valid for this offer, or has my POUG just broken the automatic posting and I need to raise a missing points request?

rapidex Dec 19, 2018 10:02 am

I flew LGW-MLA and the bonus points didn't post. Contacted BA and they informed me due to a technical error the bonus was missed, but they fixed it manually.Just flew LGA-LAS and the bonus points haven't posted. Did an AUP for 3 of us, avios not posted correctly for any of us. BA IT at its best:td:

wilsnunn Dec 19, 2018 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by rapidex (Post 30553150)
I flew LGW-MLA and the bonus points didn't post. Contacted BA and they informed me due to a technical error the bonus was missed, but they fixed it manually.Just flew LGA-LAS and the bonus points haven't posted. Did an AUP for 3 of us, avios not posted correctly for any of us. BA IT at its best:td:

How did you contact BA for this? I had he same happen on an AUP and just assumed that for an AUP the Avios were awarded as standard, so can I now assume that for my AUPed flight I should still have received the double avios?

rapidex Dec 20, 2018 7:13 am

Originally Posted by wilsnunn (Post 30554610)

How did you contact BA for this? I had he same happen on an AUP and just assumed that for an AUP the Avios were awarded as standard, so can I now assume that for my AUPed flight I should still have received the double avios?

By the online missing Avios method.

wilsnunn Dec 20, 2018 7:15 am

Originally Posted by rapidex (Post 30556820)
By the online missing Avios method.

When I did that, it told me that the Avios had already been awarded (although the double hadn't)

rapidex Dec 20, 2018 8:00 am

Originally Posted by wilsnunn (Post 30556832)
When I did that, it told me that the Avios had already been awarded (although the double hadn't)

Time to get on the phone then.Today might not be the best time with all the LGW problems, but when it all settles down chase the matter.

rapidex Dec 20, 2018 11:39 am

Originally Posted by wilsnunn (Post 30556832)

Just for info I have just had my promotional Avios awarded for my flight on the 17th. They did not post automatically due to a technical issue.

No bonus Avios for Miss rapidex as children are excluded from this promotion. At 15 I have to pay for an adult seat for her, so BA again using the child/adult scenario to their advantage.

xenole Dec 22, 2018 9:14 pm

The double Avios posted after a couple of days on a recent LHR-LAX flight (along with a cabin bonus) but nothing other than the standard Avios + status level Avios bonus for the return so far.

As expected, nothing for any internal US flights on AA.

FromBerlin Dec 28, 2018 9:53 am

Hi all,

I did TXL-LHR-EWR on Dec 7th and JFK-LHR-TXL on Dec 10th, all on BA metal (1 booking but transatlantic legs booked "IB" , via OTA).
BA are crediting double Avios "special promotion" only on TXL-LHR & LHR-TXL : is this correct ?
After claiming missing Avios through the official channels, they affirm the transatlantic routes are NOT qualifying flights... what do you think ?
Thanks