FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA Promo: Double (base) Avios (max 10 flights), 27Sep-31Dec 18, registration required (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1932745-ba-promo-double-base-avios-max-10-flights-27sep-31dec-18-registration-required.html)

Oxon Flyer Sep 27, 2018 10:49 am

Originally Posted by tinkicker (Post 30251416)
The detailed T+C says base

FWIW, the precise wording in the blurb is :

Avios award will be calculated on your base Avios, your cabin and tier bonus will apply as normal.
Wonder which muppet approved this comma’d wording, when “Avios award will be calculated on your base Avios. Your cabin and tier bonus will apply as normal.” would avoid any possibility of ambiguity and misinterpretation ?

Txubito Sep 27, 2018 10:57 am

Worked for me this morning. Which is probably more annoying since I've booked all my travel (2x CW to Europe from SFO) for 2018 as of Monday...!!

Flyerstarter Sep 27, 2018 11:12 am

Worked fine for me. Great timing too, pending trips to JFK, KTM and IAD to be flown before Xmas.

Ancient Observer Sep 27, 2018 11:39 am

Worked for me. But I am BfL.

(Blue for Life)

darloscott Sep 27, 2018 11:43 am

Worked fine for me, just a shame all of my travel is booked already - as an infrequent flyer (only Bronze) I've got HEL, TXL and HKG/BKK/SIN in the next month and a half. Never know with BAs IT though there's a chance it may work anyway ��

Shadowunt3r Sep 27, 2018 12:58 pm

Just to make sure I understand this correctly: Does the term "Eligible Participants will only be awarded double Avios calculated from the base Avios" mean the same as it is the case for the status-bonus? So for LHR-BOS which gives 817 Avios for BK O I will receive a Bonus of 3267, as that is the base-amount. Or will I receive another 817 (which in my opinion would include the "cabin bonus" which is excepted in the T&C).

Thanks for the clarification.

dombo17uk Sep 27, 2018 1:03 pm

Didn’t work for me. Gald I’m not alone

T8191 Sep 27, 2018 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by Shadowunt3r (Post 30253281)

Thanks for the clarification.

No Cabin or Status Bonus or anything else factored in. Just double the basic Avios for the cabin you book.

eugegall Sep 27, 2018 1:33 pm

No email for me! Any reason why?

EDIT - Don't worry, googled it and registered.

spicysoup Sep 27, 2018 1:54 pm

I'm still getting "Your registration has been unsuccessful, unfortunately you are not eligible for this offer." when I click on the "already registered" button despite originally being told I'd successfully registered.

Any thoughts? Just defective and I'll get the bonus when I book?

Thanks

adrianlondon Sep 27, 2018 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by cupsandsaucers (Post 30252701)
Literally just booked a huge flight, 5 mins later email came through. That reeks.

The glitch worked in your favour!

"Any Members that have booked on 27 September 2018, and register before midnight tonight, will be eligible for double Avios." So your flight booked today will count.

Shadowunt3r Sep 27, 2018 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by T8191 (Post 30253408)
No Cabin or Status Bonus or anything else factored in. Just double the basic Avios for the cabin you book.

That is exactly my question. Isn't the Cabin bonus for BK O -75%? Or am I completely misunderstanding something here?
I mean, the status bonus is also based on the Base Miles, right? If I am silver and fly 5.000 miles in Booking class O, I get 1.250 miles for the Cabin Class and 2.500 miles as a status bonus. When the bonus is now 100% before cabin and status bonus, wouldn't it be 5.000 + 2.500 + 1.250?

FlyingGarden Sep 27, 2018 2:14 pm

So lots of details about us all get leaked and the company still thinks sending out CLICK HERE emails are a good idea?

I assume too that all those who clicked the link had checked they were really on a BA site and not a clone or wrapper that was scrapping their login details.

A safer way to do this would be an individual redemption code, and telling people to login on the ba website and enter code to redeem offer.

I can see the phishing people carefully crafting their emails now

David buick Sep 27, 2018 3:15 pm

Did work for me and my wife, but not the kids !
16 & 15 Year old.

MarkFlies Sep 27, 2018 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by Shadowunt3r (Post 30253626)
That is exactly my question. Isn't the Cabin bonus for BK O -75%? Or am I completely misunderstanding something here?
I mean, the status bonus is also based on the Base Miles, right? If I am silver and fly 5.000 miles in Booking class O, I get 1.250 miles for the Cabin Class and 2.500 miles as a status bonus. When the bonus is now 100% before cabin and status bonus, wouldn't it be 5.000 + 2.500 + 1.250?

If I remember correctly from previous times, the bonus is 100% of the Avios, like you said.

I think this goes back to times where 100% was the lowest you got.