FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA Promo: Double (base) Avios (max 10 flights), 27Sep-31Dec 18, registration required (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1932745-ba-promo-double-base-avios-max-10-flights-27sep-31dec-18-registration-required.html)

jowlymonster Sep 27, 2018 4:21 am

Failed for me too. I guess an IT blunder, the T&Cs didn't sound onerous.
Not too fussed for myself, I'm unlikely to book anything else this year anyway, but the other half has 2 or 3 business trips still to arrange.

*Edit* - having logged in anyway, I also have no upcoming bookings apparently (this is a lie)... so their site is definitely having a fun day today.

rapidex Sep 27, 2018 4:22 am

Worked for Mrs and I. Was going to book my next trip on QR.

morges1 Sep 27, 2018 4:23 am

New BA avios offer

I just received an email from BAEC entitled "Mr Morges1l, double Avios on flights for the rest of 2018 ".

On trying to register, I received the following message "Your registration has been unsuccessful, unfortunately you are not eligible for this offer." I could find no explanation, either online or in the original email!

PeeTee Sep 27, 2018 4:24 am

Originally Posted by armouredant (Post 30251371)
Campaign codes for the Register Now and Already Registered buttons are WW0059 and WW0058 respectively... I suspect the author of the new campaign page forgot to increment the Already Registered button...

Good point. Who knows what registration is what. Suggest everyone hold off until they fix something.

Royalscot Sep 27, 2018 4:25 am

"Already registered" worked for me how bizarre is BA's IT

Filthy Monkey Sep 27, 2018 4:27 am

Oh dear, good old BA! Same issue for me. Registering takes me to the WW0059 page so is unseccessful. Clicking on Book Now takes me to WW0058 and tells me I'm already registered. Looks like a mix up with links. Sloppy...

Porky Speedpig Sep 27, 2018 4:27 am

Originally Posted by Royalscot (Post 30251387)
"Already registered" worked for me how bizarre is BA's IT

Me too now. You can't make this stuff up. Thankfully the software powering the aircraft is a bit more sophisticated (hopefully!)

BAAZ Sep 27, 2018 4:28 am

Originally Posted by T8191 (Post 30251377)
Oh, hahahahaha ... yes, "Already Registered" seems to work. :D

Same here. Clicked on Register and it said I wasn't eligible. Clicked on Already Registered and it thanked me for registering. Please, BA, can someone think about testing all the links in your emails before you send them?

PETER01 Sep 27, 2018 4:30 am

Originally Posted by PeeTee (Post 30251336)
Clicking the "Already registered? Book now" button seems to result in a successful registration. Oh and it doesn't actually link to a page where you can book flights! Good old BA IT.

That worked and I after the e-mail I did as above and got this.

Thank you, Mr PETER01, you are now registered for this offer.

Poor show BA.

FLYGVA Sep 27, 2018 4:31 am

Originally Posted by PeeTee (Post 30251336)
Clicking the "Already registered? Book now" button seems to result in a successful registration. Oh and it doesn't actually link to a page where you can book flights! Good old BA IT.

Same here - Thank you

rapidex Sep 27, 2018 4:33 am

Originally Posted by Porky Speedpig (Post 30251393)
Me too now. You can't make this stuff up. Thankfully the software powering the aircraft is a bit more sophisticated (hopefully!)

Dont count on it. After we all got used to querty keyboards on out loptops and pc's, some genious at Honeywell decided it would be better if they put an abcde keyboard on the flight management computers.

tinkicker Sep 27, 2018 4:35 am

Originally Posted by TheJayHatch (Post 30251363)
Aside from the inevitable IT issues, does anyone remember from last year whether this offer is double on the base Avios only, or does it include all avios accrued on the flight through status etc?

The detailed T+C says base avios only. I can never recall what they are though without looking the rules up. Am I right the base avios points for a WTP or J fare is the same as a Y?

andymcdonnell Sep 27, 2018 4:41 am

Qualifying flights... So if I book DUB-LHR-JFK departing 28/12 and returning 1/1 do I get the double avios for the 2 sectors in Dec but nothing for the returns?

frandrake Sep 27, 2018 4:41 am

LOL they swapped the links. What a joke.

Having worked in highly complex IT environments I really do get the challenge, it's not easy at all, but they are really a joke. This is too much.

Gastrocnemius Sep 27, 2018 4:41 am

Could someone post the link, please?

i’ve not received the email