FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA Promo: Double (base) Avios (max 10 flights), 27Sep-31Dec 18, registration required (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1932745-ba-promo-double-base-avios-max-10-flights-27sep-31dec-18-registration-required.html)

Porky Speedpig Sep 27, 2018 3:52 am

BA Promo: Double (base) Avios (max 10 flights), 27Sep-31Dec 18, registration required

BAEC email announcing double Avios on all flights for the rest of 2018 together with a link to register. Tried twice to register, each time the error "your attempt has been unsuccessful, you are not eligible for this offer" pops up. Anyone else get this?

dptraveller Sep 27, 2018 3:53 am

yes got same thing - tried a couple of times but doesnt work.

bos2gla Sep 27, 2018 3:54 am

Same for me......

HFHFFlyer Sep 27, 2018 3:54 am

Just had exactly the same experience.

BA really don't help themselves, do they? Sending out an email to one of their most loyal customers, advertising an offer and then saying you can't have it.

You couldn't make it up.

lcylocal Sep 27, 2018 3:55 am

No email here yet.

Any chance you could copy the T&Cs here. Particularly keen to know flights already booked/ticketed count.

polochick Sep 27, 2018 3:57 am

Originally Posted by lcylocal (Post 30251311)
No email here yet.

Any chance you could copy the T&Cs here. Particularly keen to know flights already booked/ticketed count.

This offer is only open to Eligible Participants and valid from 27 September 2018 to 31 December 2018 23.59 GMT.

To participate in this promotion, Eligible Participants must pre-register for the offer by following the "Register now" link on the above email communication to a dedicated webpage on ba.com and complete the registration process on the same webpage. Double Avios will only be awarded on Qualifying flights booked after registration and will not apply to any previous existing bookings made before registering. Eligible Participants must fly before the promotional period ends on 31 December 2018 23.59 GMT.

A Qualifying Flight is either a one-way (single sector) or a return flight (two sectors) between the point of departure and final destination with no scheduled change of aircraft that must be booked after the Member has registered. Members can receive double Avios on up to 10 single sector Qualifying Flights. A Qualifying flight is (i) a BA prefix on any selling class (excluding Reward flights) or cabin on any BA operated service, or (ii) a BA prefix on a transatlantic flight operated by British Airways (BA), American Airlines (AA), Iberia (IB) or Finnair (AY) between the Europe and North America. The promotion also applies to travel on domestic flights within the UK and southern Africa (operated by Comair), Sunnair and CityFlyer. Any other flights operated by any other BA franchises, codeshare partners or oneworld Alliance members will not qualify.

danboy767 Sep 27, 2018 3:58 am

Yes unsuccessful or not eligible. Thought it was just me but looks like it’s yet another IT blunder. Either that or members of FlyerTalk aren’t eligible

Gerbs Sep 27, 2018 3:59 am

I also received the same error when attempting to register. Sent e-mail feedback, so will see if any response is forthcoming.

gms Sep 27, 2018 3:59 am

Same here: "Your registration has been unsuccessful, unfortunately you are not eligible for this offer."

BA seems determined to convince us they are useless at not just securing customer data, but also using it!

malcolmcampbell Sep 27, 2018 3:59 am

yes I got the not eligible response as well. It says it is only for flights booked from now on

phb Sep 27, 2018 4:00 am

same here. 'not eligible'.

flyingbee Sep 27, 2018 4:01 am

Reassuring that it’s not just me that received the email and was unsuccessful in registering.
I was feeling a bit miffed!

T8191 Sep 27, 2018 4:02 am

Just arrived here. Sadly I am already booked up for the rest of the year, so no benefit available. tried to register anyway, and got the instant "Your registration has been unsuccessful, unfortunately you are not eligible for this offer."

Assuming that BA hasn't suddenly become charitable, I assume this is an attempt to sell unused flight inventory?

thereandhere Sep 27, 2018 4:04 am

It worked for me

endoman Sep 27, 2018 4:05 am

another reject here