Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Airports in which you don't bother to use BA lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airports in which you don't bother to use BA lounges

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2018, 4:00 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Two that come to mind where I usually go the lounge, but where the seats in the general passenger area and the food offerings for purchase are really nice would be DEN and LAX. Both main terminals have ample seating with power ports, and numerous good dining options. That said the LAX lounge is one of the best OW lounges around so it feels weird mentioning it, but if I have a particularly long layover I’ll usually spend an hour or more roaming the terminal as the lounge gets boring after a couple of hours.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 4:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum, HH Diamond; others
Austin - The BA/OW​​​​ lounge option is a tiny and usually overcrowded Admirals club.

Old Sep 2, 2018, 4:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by AnaTravel
I'd add Tel Aviv Lounge to Cairo (above). It's a grim, uncomfortable lounge. Food offerings are poor but infinitely better than Cairo's stale bread feasts. You can also get a glass of wine or a beer in Tel Aviv. In Cairo, you need beer or glass of wine, it is so bad.
I second this. Although the Dan + lounge is lighter and brighter than the Dan lounge, the food offering is poor and there are fairly decent food offerings in the rotunda.
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 9:04 pm

Manchester
i now no longer use the lba leeds contract lounge as it is unacceptably poor.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 1:40 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Barnaby100
Manchester
I thought @KARFA is a regular there
Old Sep 3, 2018, 1:40 am

Another +1 for SIN and I would like to add TXL as this lounge has basically nothing to offer and is prior security.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 1:42 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
LCY!

(sorry...!)
Old Sep 3, 2018, 2:50 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Barnaby100
Manchester
You'd prefer to sit in the departure lounge in T3 rather than the nice BA lounge at MAN?
endoman and Marschel like this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 4:33 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
Heathrow for me. Far too busy and the terminal itself has lots of great shopping and wagamamas. Just don't want to be in the zoo. Sorry, lounge.

Love Gatwick lounge though.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by obduro
LCY!

(sorry...!)
And MSY. No lounge at all but a voucher to be spent at a range of crappy airport eateries.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 4:51 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Quite surprised nobody has mentioned Atlanta. Twice I have been there, and twice decided to leave immediately as the place is tiny and crowded with queues at the reception.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 5:06 am

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
Originally Posted by Cheny
Agreed. To be fair it is an old airport and BA probably didn't bother to refurbish it as they were planning to move to Berlin Brandenburg - BER

Oh I almost forgot this recent one: Bucharest
Though technically speaking it isn't a BA/OW owned lounge but a 3rd party lounge
I’m in TXL lounge now and whilst it is retro and has no toilets grrrrr, it’s ok. It’s light an airy and for me right next to my gate not the wrong end of the airport.

it beats MUC in my eyes especially as there is knowhere to go at TXL apart from stand in the way in the narrow corridor they call an airport.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 5:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TKM&S Elite
DXB and SIN. DXB because the one time I used it, there were no seats available it was so full. What made it worse was I had guested a friend in for her first ever experience of a lounge! So next time i was there i just gave it a miss. SIN because I love the airport, and whilst I do lounge if I have a lot of time to kill, I'd rather go for a walk through the terminal or go an explore a different terminal given the chance. Of course, none of that compares to the KAL lounge at NGO which was perhaps the most depressing lounge I've ever experienced!!
Old Sep 3, 2018, 6:14 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Geneva. It's usually full and the food is awful. Would rather sit at the gate.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by AnaTravel
Cairo is one of the worst I have encountered. The new one has even worse food offerings than the old. I was there in late April and the lounge was under some kind of reconstruction. Most blocked off, after opening just a few years ago. Everything about Cairo food offerings is bad. The public areas are a far better option. British Airways should be ashamed of offering this to customers for years. I pity anyone seeking a nice Club World experience by starting from Cairo. When they used to have fist class departures, it was even more miserable a choice.
Priority Pass lounge is on the second floor and inside security. Much better than the garbage that BA and most other airlines use.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.