Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Airports in which you don't bother to use BA lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airports in which you don't bother to use BA lounges

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Hannover was truly awful. Ok it’s a very small airport and all the cafe’s / shops and lounge are land side. An earlier comment asked does the lounge exceed catering else where in the airport - for Hannover I’d say no. The wine was ok but the food amounted to hot dogs and some potatoe salad.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 2:13 pm

I always try and ensure I use a lounge at every airport that I'm entitled to use one based either on class of travel or status. Even if I'm not planning in hanging around there for long. My mentality for doing so is that I simply don't trust BA/IAG enough not to cancel down a contract on a lounge for access based upon low usage. AENA lounges is Spain aren't exactly brilliant but they're better than nothing and the fact I may need to use one at some point means I'll often find myself popping in just to register my entry ore than actually using the facilities. BA relinquished ties with the PFO lounge a couple of years ago I seem to remember. I no longer have a choice there whether I use or not. I seem to remember the place getting snubbed on here a lot at the time.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA Gold
OSL contract lounge is pretty underwhelming.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 12:36 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
AMS, BRU, DXB for sure.

ZRH if it is the B gates Aspire lounge. No natural light and usually nowhere to sit. Food very average. However, if it is the E gates Aspire lounge, I normally go up. The food is similar but it’s a much better space with tons of light and a great view of the airfield. The little outside terrace can be a great place to unwind.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 12:56 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
What’s up with BRU? Free Belgian beers, decent food, bubbles on tap, windows, quiet (at least on a Sunday)...
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Rewards Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by N1120A
I meant the old one.
I agree with you on that then! The old one was an absolute disgrace. The new one is nice, but is a new (presumably less expensive) design concept. It's roomy and has stuff in it though, which wasn't necessarily the case in the old one.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Sixt Gold
Not really a BA lounge, but I always avoid the lounge at WAW airport in the Shengen area. If I have time I use the non-Shengen one (which is better in terms of space but still horrible for F&B) and then make my 10 min way to the gate.

ARN also very disappointing, I tend to retreat in the restaruant just next to the lounge.

NCE so so. Indeed quieter than the low cost style waiting area downstairs, but overall cleanliness and F&B leave much to be desired.

And finally, when I was Silver I frankly avoided the LHR GC lounges in favour of Plane Food.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.