Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Airports in which you don't bother to use BA lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airports in which you don't bother to use BA lounges

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2018, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I don't think there is anywhere that is so terrible one is better off outside.
For me, it's not so much that the lounge in question is "terrible", but that outside there might be a bright, well-designed airy terminal, not too crowded, with a better selection of food and beverage. Often in these situations, the BA/ow/partner lounge is actually perfectly fine.

Nowadays I have the feeling of having 'missed out' by always having headed straight to the lounge, so I tend to enjoy the public spaces more. I appreciate I am saying this from the privileged position of having lounge access.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Tredders

I was just about to add AMS and BRU. Two places I head for paid restaurants rather than the lounge.
BRU? I agree it‘s not great but surely it’s better than the public areas: restaurants are awful and the public seating areas are dire! Much rather head to the lounge for a glass or 2 in a reasonably comfortable seat.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: 2,894,211 AA miles and counting
IST Lounge

I agree completely. A few days ago at 0700 NO breakfast foods at all!! No restrooms.

Originally Posted by Worcester
IST which is just dreadful. With the additional security screening I don’t know why they bother as you can’t spend more than a few minutes in there anyway.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 10:33 am

Programs: BA Silver
SVQ (Seville) was dingy and crowded, and I preferred to use the public areas outside when there a couple of months ago. I do vaguely remember that there is a new lounge opening or a refurb programme, so maybe I'm out of date?

Last edited by fruitcage; Sep 2, 2018 at 12:18 pm Reason: typo
Old Sep 2, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
BRU - Its a nice lounge, but the food options don't compare to the Priority pass lounge - they usually have at least 4 different hot dishes in there.... pasta, curry, tagine, vegetarian ... it even has more food choices than GF in T5 !
Old Sep 2, 2018, 10:42 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by abligh
I don't normally bother with the BA lounge in ZRH if flying through D gates - it's the wrong side of passport control for a start. There's another (I forget which) lounge you can get into if flying through E gates which is "OK-ish" unless it's so packed you can't get a seat (reasonably frequent).
Used the one at the ZRH E gates for the first time last Tuesday and thought it was one of the best I had been to in the European network. Bright, airy, great view over the airfield and also hot food in the evening which was very, very tasty ^
Old Sep 2, 2018, 11:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
Faro is pretty dismal and the layout of the airport (on last visit, during renovations) meant it was a few metres from the gate as the crow flies but a good 10 minute walk up down and round and about. Better off in one of the public cafes or bars.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 11:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Nothing wrong with BRU in the morning. I am there at leats once a week, grab a good cup of cappucino and a chocolat croissant.
Not much more that i want in the morning. Never bin there later then 9 am, so can not say anything about the period after.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 12:55 pm

Cairo is one of the worst I have encountered. The new one has even worse food offerings than the old. I was there in late April and the lounge was under some kind of reconstruction. Most blocked off, after opening just a few years ago. Everything about Cairo food offerings is bad. The public areas are a far better option. British Airways should be ashamed of offering this to customers for years. I pity anyone seeking a nice Club World experience by starting from Cairo. When they used to have fist class departures, it was even more miserable a choice.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 12:59 pm

I'd add Tel Aviv Lounge to Cairo (above). It's a grim, uncomfortable lounge. Food offerings are poor but infinitely better than Cairo's stale bread feasts. You can also get a glass of wine or a beer in Tel Aviv. In Cairo, you need beer or glass of wine, it is so bad.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 2:55 pm

Programs: DIAMANTAIRE EXTRAORDINAIRE
The breakfast options at BRU are ok , no meal options really .
Also there used to be kettle crisps which where replaced by lays & now even the lays crisps are gone.
Diamond lounge accros has a better spread , but seating can be an issue.

-AMS i refuse to enter the lounge, aspire is miles ahead for Breakfast & meals options. Though again seating can be an issue.

-Dxb never really had a meal, should be decent I guess considering they have 3 flights a day to lhr . I always head to Dih .(Any reviews on the spread at BA dxb lounge?)
Old Sep 2, 2018, 3:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Geneva is hell... on a Saturday... Over the winter season.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 3:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Avis Presidents Club
I'm a bit ambivalent about Lisbon's lounge - some decent food options downstairs.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 3:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, *A Silver, Skywards Silver
I certainly second TLS - on the Shengen/domestic side, dark, dingy with very limited food and drink options and miserable staff. A very long hike to passport control, and then a hike back in the other direction to the gates.

At least the cafeterias have some choice and a bit of light.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 3:51 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
LHR T3 anyone?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.