Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stop warming my nuts

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2018, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by stacylk2003
I am asounded that the temperature of this flyer's FREE NUTS is even worthy of a discussion. It's a perk dude or didette. Don't eat them if you don't like them. I think a more worthy discussion is flight safety, discrimination on board, or unruly , rude passengers!
Oh, we have threads on those topics too. Often also slightly heated!

In a Free Country, one always has the choice not to read something that bothers you. Many newspapers fall into that category.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 11:43 am

Programs: GGL, BA Lifetime Gold
Free nuts

I am asounded that the temperature of this flyer's FREE NUTS is even worthy of a discussion. It's a perk dude or didette. Don't eat them if you don't like them. I think a more worthy discussion is flight safety, discrimination on board, or unruly , rude passengers!
I thought everyone knew there is no such thing as a free nut on a BA flight.
wrp96 and newyorklondon like this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Africanflyer1955

I thought everyone knew there is no such thing as a free nut on a BA flight.
Getting them out of the packet is hard enough, and deserves a rebate on flight costs.

Warmed nuts placed in a small bowl is much nicer for the customer.
florens likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 12:11 pm

Programs: GGL, BA Lifetime Gold
That the CC’s job

Originally Posted by T8191
Getting them out of the packet is hard enough, and deserves a rebate on flight costs.

Warmed nuts placed in a small bowl is much nicer for the customer.
That’s why in F we ask the CC handle that job for us. Provided they don’t get over excited, I find it for the best.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 12:23 pm

Interesting that the topic of temperature of nuts is being brought up. But what about beer?(which often goes with it). To me, that's more of a temperature problem. On some occasions(not often), the cans of beer are frozen solid, and flight attendants are unable to serve it...…...or(in most cases) it is at barely less than room temperature. I always order something else besides beer.

…...not specifically mentioning BA on this.....but in a general sense, on most airlines.

Last edited by RUAMKZ; Sep 18, 2018 at 12:25 pm Reason: forgot something
Old Sep 18, 2018, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Temperature control of beverages, and indeed cutlery, has always been a challenge to BA. Warm White, icy-cold Red ... I defer to Beer drinkers on their issues.

But Warm Nuts will cool naturally, if one is relaxed and patient.
newyorklondon likes this.

Last edited by T8191; Sep 19, 2018 at 1:52 am
Old Sep 18, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: BAEC - back to lowly blue. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by T8191
...But Warm Nuts will cool naturally, if one is relaxed and patient.
But according to the OP, they lose their "tautness". We should study whether or not tautness can be regained by a cooling off period. Maybe there are some who prefer relaxed nuts.

Re. beer temp: my dad had this embarrassing habit of asking waiters in the UK if the beer was cold. You'd think they hadn't yet discovered refrigeration!
Old Sep 18, 2018, 2:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I only read the first post here... but this subject header can be so, so misunderstood . Thanks for the laugh, which was badly needed after a long workday.
florens and newyorklondon like this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

I really don't mind the temperature of my nuts being discussed here on FT. I appreciate your suggestions for more worthy topics of discussion, though. In this vein, I definitely think there certainly is a flight safety issue if one's nuts are overheated on board. In fact, isn't there compensation provision in EC 261 for this very issue?

There are experienced BA cabin crew who contribute to this forum, who can more accurately detail how my warm nuts might impact, for example, "discrimination on board, or unruly, rude passengers."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.