FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Best oneworld lounges in Europe. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1922066-best-oneworld-lounges-europe.html)

GadgetGal Jan 19, 2020 12:23 am

Originally Posted by Pascoe (Post 31961466)
Had a rare T4 (as opposed to T4S) MAD departure yesterday and the refurb there is nice. Not changed it massively but it's still a decent spot for views (if not as good as T4S, right out on the Apron with the floor to ceiling external windows).

But why oh why do they now have such chokingly perfumed air fresheners. Awful stink. Way too strong.....

They've added some food variations, eg gluten free bread, low-carb bread but they removed the cava. Giveth with one hand...

corporate-wage-slave Jan 19, 2020 1:11 am

Originally Posted by GadgetGal (Post 31968096)
They've added some food variations, eg gluten free bread, low-carb bread but they removed the cava. Giveth with one hand...

There were Cava Benjamins out a couple of weeks ago, there was an empty one on my table from a previous user. They only restock later on in the day though, they don't encourage early drinking.

However given the very restricted food options - well below GC for both T4 and T4S unless going on the late longhauls to South America - I'm surprised at its frequent reference in this thread.

PUCCI GALORE Jan 19, 2020 2:59 am

Originally Posted by GadgetGal (Post 31968096)

Really? I was there just before Christmas and it was certainly out then.

Robespierre Jan 21, 2020 5:58 am

Vote for NCL from me. First time there yesterday in 30 years of flying BA and felt right at home, which is what a lounge is all about. The retro Terraces feel is nice (missing some birdsong though!) and lots of open spaces plus everybody was cheerful. CX F and J in T3 are better then their BA peers in T5 or T3. CX CDG is a very nice place to hang out as is Madrid T4S. Finnair Non-Schengen is different but not really relaxing for me. QR LHR and BA CCR are off the list as you can't enter as a oneworld member but for the record I prefer CCR.

krispy84 Jan 31, 2020 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE (Post 31961730)
Then a Mucci you are. Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classe.

First this year!

I must prostrate myself in apology for the delay in giving thanks.

I’m delighted beyond reasonable measure to receive a Mucci. If I ever have the pleasure of your company, the Gin Mare’s are on me. 😉

PUCCI GALORE Feb 1, 2020 5:36 am

Originally Posted by krispy84 (Post 32018419)
I must prostrate myself in apology for the delay in giving thanks.

I’m delighted beyond reasonable measure to receive a Mucci. If I ever have the pleasure of your company, the Gin Mare’s are on me. 😉

Done!

1010101 Feb 1, 2020 8:00 am

I'll add MXP to the list. It is a shared lounge however there is plenty of good seating, great airport views, generally decent food and a secret 'private' room that nobody ever seems to know about.

I don't usually drink on flights but as it's Italy i assume there is Prosecco on offer.