FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Best oneworld lounges in Europe. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1922066-best-oneworld-lounges-europe.html)

PUCCI GALORE Jan 15, 2020 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by krispy84 (Post 31953862)
Close, but no cigar florens, one can’t see the year! Good champagne anyway IMO, has always punched above its weight compared to the better known Grand Marques.

Do you think that there is a year to see? It may not be vintage - but for Joseph Perrier champagne I would go and clean Mr Cruz's office.

LiHS Jan 15, 2020 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE (Post 31955298)
Do you think that there is a year to see? It may not be vintage - but for Joseph Perrier champagne I would go and clean Mr Cruz's office.

There definitely is a year to see. On the picture, the gold label has the word "vintage" on it, in which case labelling regulations require the producer to specify which vintage/millesime it is. Zooming in, there's also what looks like a number "2" following the word "vintage", seemingly followed by "00", but the angle makes it difficult to conclusively determine the all-important final digit. Hopefully it is indeed 2008, a very good if sometimes underrated vintage, generally more elegant than the warmer 2009.

SKRan Jan 16, 2020 12:35 am

Isn’t UK a European country? If so, isn’t galleries First in LHR a good emerald lounge?

florens Jan 16, 2020 3:09 am

Originally Posted by SKRan (Post 31956567)
Isn’t UK a European country? If so, isn’t galleries First in LHR a good emerald lounge?

Plat Wing for example wins hands down compared to T5 GF lounge.

VFRonTop Jan 16, 2020 3:33 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 30020259)

T3 short haul routes for the CX lounge are:

Barcelona, Bilbao, Budapest, Chania, Gibraltar, Helsinki, Lisbon, Luxembourg, Lyon, Marseille, Palermo, Prague, Vienna, and Warsaw (moving to T5 from 28 October)

Some changes were made on October 2019

Bilbao is now served from LGW
Chania, Luxembourg and Lyon have moved to T5
Billund, Hanover, Pisa and Zagreb are now in T3

Current BA T3 List:
Barcelona, Billund, Budapest, Gibraltar, Hannover, Helsinki, Lisbon, Marseille, Palermo, Pisa, Prague, Pula (summer only), Vienna, Zagreb

KARFA Jan 16, 2020 3:57 am

Originally Posted by VFRonTop (Post 31956907)
Some changes were made on October 2019

Bilbao is now served from LGW
Chania, Luxembourg and Lyon have moved to T5
Billund, Hanover, Pisa and Zagreb are now in T3

Current BA T3 List:
Barcelona, Billund, Budapest, Gibraltar, Hannover, Helsinki, Lisbon, Marseille, Palermo, Pisa, Prague, Pula (summer only), Vienna, Zagreb

Thanks. I would be surprised if there weren't changes, my post is coming up to 2 years old soon :)

The current up-to-date T3 list is also in this thread
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...lights-t3.html

and post 2 of this thread
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ng-lhr-t5.html

VFRonTop Jan 16, 2020 5:29 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 31956946)
Thanks. I would be surprised if there weren't changes, my post is coming up to 2 years old soon :)

The current up-to-date T3 list is also in this thread
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...lights-t3.html

and post 2 of this thread
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ng-lhr-t5.html

The time stamp alluded me :)

krispy84 Jan 16, 2020 5:51 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE (Post 31955298)

Darling Pucci, there is certainly a year. JP non-vintage has a yellow label from memory, the gold label is used on vintage. I would similarly debase myself for their champagne, although not as much as I would for Roederer or Pol Roger.

PUCCI GALORE Jan 16, 2020 9:49 am

Originally Posted by krispy84 (Post 31957192)
Darling Pucci, there is certainly a year. JP non-vintage has a yellow label from memory, the gold label is used on vintage. I would similarly debase myself for their champagne, although not as much as I would for Roederer or Pol Roger.

I have to confess that I am in the middle of dry January (Yes, I've been a good girl to date). I am fascinated by anything to do with the fabrication of Champagne. I confess that I really only know what I like. I enjoy the Nicolas Feuillate that they serve in Europe. My favourite in the "normal" leagues is Canard-Duchene - and indeed I adore Veuve Cliquot et Ponsardin. At BCAL we were trained in Champagne and how to serve - and it was Krug which along with Contes de Champagne Tattinger is sublime.

All that said, I tend to buy my Champagne from a producer that I know - I'll also let you in on a secret. At Christmas 2018, I was served a very drinkable Champagne. My host was initially coy about the marque - and finally smiled and said "Lidl" - it cost about €12 a bottle and it was delicious - absolutely delicious.

Would you care to be a Mucci?

krispy84 Jan 17, 2020 4:47 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE (Post 31958111)
I have to confess that I am in the middle of dry January (Yes, I've been a good girl to date). I am fascinated by anything to do with the fabrication of Champagne. I confess that I really only know what I like. I enjoy the Nicolas Feuillate that they serve in Europe. My favourite in the "normal" leagues is Canard-Duchene - and indeed I adore Veuve Cliquot et Ponsardin. At BCAL we were trained in Champagne and how to serve - and it was Krug which along with Contes de Champagne Tattinger is sublime.

All that said, I tend to buy my Champagne from a producer that I know - I'll also let you in on a secret. At Christmas 2018, I was served a very drinkable Champagne. My host was initially coy about the marque - and finally smiled and said "Lidl" - it cost about €12 a bottle and it was delicious - absolutely delicious.

Would you care to be a Mucci?

Krug and Taittinger CdC? A lady after my own heart! The CdC ‘95 is probably the best champagne I have had the pleasure to taste, an infrequent treat given the price.

I should be honoured to accept the mantle of Mucci!

Pascoe Jan 17, 2020 5:55 am

Had a rare T4 (as opposed to T4S) MAD departure yesterday and the refurb there is nice. Not changed it massively but it's still a decent spot for views (if not as good as T4S, right out on the Apron with the floor to ceiling external windows).

But why oh why do they now have such chokingly perfumed air fresheners. Awful stink. Way too strong.....

PUCCI GALORE Jan 17, 2020 7:28 am

Originally Posted by krispy84 (Post 31961320)
Krug and Taittinger CdC? A lady after my own heart! The CdC ‘95 is probably the best champagne I have had the pleasure to taste, an infrequent treat given the price.

I should be honoured to accept the mantle of Mucci!

Then a Mucci you are. Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classe.

First this year!

Mozart0815 Jan 17, 2020 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by d3vski (Post 30024895)
In Europe, I would go in the following order:

Joint 1st: QR lounges at LHR and CDG (these are identical and I would say better than QRs DOH lounge - Al Mourjan). But entry is restricted.

2nd: BA CCR (has free flowing premium Champagne, sit down restaurant and decent bar). But entry is restricted.

3rd: CX F in T3. Sit down restaurant is nice. I also like the Baron de Rothschild bubbly.

4th: QF in T3. Pretty much same as CX lounge but an Aussie version let down by the fact you have to request the Champagne specifically otherwise they will fob you off with some sparkling wine instead.

5th: MH F T4 - underrated. Good cocktails with excellent Malaysian food offerings. Not many ways to get in other than flying MH and QR. If in QR J, you would go to the QR instead.

6th: Mad T4S sala Velasquez. Good space. Great views but a pain to get to u less you are flying from t4s.

7th: AA Flagship. Never been but guessing the refurbed lounge would sit here.

8th: GF in T5. It's not bad but extremely crowded. Free flowing bubbles help but overall lacks in the food department.

9th: GF in T3. Same as T5 but not as good lighting hence lower.

the eagle eyed amongst you have noticed that the majority are all in LHR. I can't think of any other station which has that many OW F flights hence so many F options at 1 airport.

I have a 4h15 stopover in LHR tomorrow, arriving and departing out of T5. Is the CX lounge in T3 worth the hassle of going to another terminal and probably passing security twice or should I just stick to the First Galleries?

And I presume the QR lounge doesn’t let me in on a BA ticket?

krispy84 Jan 17, 2020 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by Mozart0815 (Post 31963211)
I have a 4h15 stopover in LHR tomorrow, arriving and departing out of T5. Is the CX lounge in T3 worth the hassle of going to another terminal and probably passing security twice or should I just stick to the First Galleries?

And I presume the QR lounge doesn’t let me in on a BA ticket?

I don’t think it’s ever worth the changing terminal hassle for a lounge at LHR, unless you need T3 for shopping as well. That said, the CX T3 lounges are very nice.

There have been reports that QR (in T4) will let you in with a OW J or F ticket, it seems to change depending which thread I read. They won’t let you in on status alone however. I don’t know how they would react to a non-T4 OW J or F ticket.

Mozart0815 Jan 17, 2020 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by krispy84 (Post 31964280)
I don’t think it’s ever worth the changing terminal hassle for a lounge at LHR, unless you need T3 for shopping as well. That said, the CX T3 lounges are very nice.

There have been reports that QR (in T4) will let you in with a OW J or F ticket, it seems to change depending which thread I read. They won’t let you in on status alone however. I don’t know how they would react to a non-T4 OW J or F ticket.

Thanks. I have some work to do anyhow so I may just stick around T5 then.

Re: T3 shopping, is there anything on offer there that T5 doesn’t have? Sorry for the brief OT.